USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You too Sherry!
Soooo Happy June everyone.

Love and hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jun 03 2020 3:45:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  3:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sherry for letting us know!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  3:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Well in the summer, we always got out of school at the end of May. The elementary school was across the creek from where we live. So in elementary we would walk to our small town store on the last day and get ice cream sandwiches and cokes. 1st thru 6th grade, 3 teachers and principle would carry cokes and ice cream sandwiches in boxes and we could have as many as we wanted. It was about a half a mile from town. So much fun. It was a little old country store. Wooden floor. I loved that store.

Mr and Ms. Bailey always fished in the creek by our tobacco field. He taught me and my sister how to use a rod and reel. They were the janitors at our little school. They were so sweet. I have a lot of good memories growing up there. In Indiana(Florence).
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  4:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, you had an awesome childhood. Sounds like fun.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  6:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great memory Marlene!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  09:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great June memory, and what a great tradition to celebrate the end of a school year!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  09:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, thank you for asking about Pumpkin ... she is well and celebrating her 23rd birthday today! Hard to believe ... I am headed down to Albany this weekend to spend the weekend with her. We plan to go on a hike and of course celebrate her birthday then.

Love June! ... I'm an all season gal. I just love experiencing every season, the beauty of each month brings ... Focusing on the beauty of Mother Nature is my way of hanging on to my peace .... I'm working on another sweater. This is a knit along on Ravelry. Truly enjoying the mindless knitting.

Keep well everyone.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2020 :  10:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Carole... Your Pumpkin and our Punkie Bear share a birthday! Cool.
Punkie Bear Bay is also 23 today!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 04 2020 10:05:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  09:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Marilyn, how cool that your Punkie Bear and Pumpkin share a birthday!

The weekend turned out great. We did have a change of plan .. kayaking ... sadly when we arrived at the park it was a full capacity. New York has just opened (I think this is phase 1) and they have a strict limit on how people they will let in the parks. So, we ended up going to Barne's & Noble ... I'm always up for a book store. We all had to wear a mask, not an issue for me, and if we held on to a book for a long time and decided not to purchase it, it needed to be quarantine. Sadly, there was this lady yelling/complaining to an employee how people were not keeping a 6 foot distance. Seriously? Where is your measuring tape lady? I just don't get people .... seems to me she's too busy not minding her own business. The poor clerk, it was the first day of opening. I was so grateful to be able to purchase a book. I love books.

Not much else going on here. Quiet, that's how I like it.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jun 08 2020 12:27:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  10:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry your experience was not what you had hoped Carole. Here in our town you see very few masks.
In Wal-Mart Saturday afternoon about six...I saw shoppers, no masks.
Oh, this was cute. I always begin my shopping at the back of the store. As I was rounding an end cap I heard a "Hi. Hi. Hi." As I turned there was a toddler in a cart that his daddy was pushing. I said , hi and continued on. But I continued to meet them, and every time, I got the same greeting! I would say Hi to him and make a little comment. Finally the 5 th time mom and sister had joined dad and the little boy, so when he started in... I looked at his sister and said, " your little brother is so friendly! " then sister gave me the low down on the family. She pointed out that she was oldest, then pointed to her mom and identified her and when this 3 year old finished I felt as if I knew most all but their names. Mom smiled a nodded the whole time.
I never even thought about masks...we were not six feet apart...probably three!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  11:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am enjoying the company of my 20 month old granddaughter today. She asks every day to come to "papa and grammy's" house, today she got lucky and mom said yes. Of course it helped that mom had some contractors coming in to do bids for her daycare and she needed a sitter anyway. I am also cleaning my canning kitchen today, I ordered a new refrigerator for it and they are delivering it Friday. The one in there was very, very old and just not cooling anymore. We always need an extra fridge this time of year for the garden produce, I needed a special size for that space and was so happy our local appliance store happened to have one on hand.
Hope everyone is having a great day.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  11:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you are having fun with your little one. I love that age.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  9:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
it's a good day when you can time
with the grands! I have been
tidying up a bit. Having brunch
with a few friends on Friday and it is my turn to hostess.
Time to straighten the pantry a little.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our week is looking good here weatherwise. Hoping to get some cleaning done in the craft room. Organizing and such. It gets messy. I am my own worst enemy. Lol. I have had trouble finding decently priced Apple material for a project I want to do. I did find something on Amazon but it was really more than I wanted to spend so I will be frugal to use as much as possible with hopefully not a lot of waste.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  6:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We still have not hit 100! That is awesome! They have been predicting it for two weeks.. But the highs are in the mid 90s. That is fine with me. So I'm looking forward to another enjoyable week.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 14 2020 6:02:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  12:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my that is hot. We are having grey weather today some rain, pretty much normal for Summer here.

Stay cool and safe!

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2020 :  04:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene,
Any news on your knee surgery?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  06:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glorious day here, md 70's for the rest of the week. I started weeding the garden yesterday and want to finish today, I am definitely feeling it this morning though, I am sore all over. While most of the garden looks good, I am replanting my snow peas today since they look really sad. My peonies are in full bloom so it is time to bring bouquets in to enjoy. I am sure most of you are well past peony season, what flowers are blooming at your house?

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The peonies are all done here. Actually mine never bloomed. I think I might need to move them. My bleeding heart is right next to them and I think they aren't getting enough sunshine. The bleeding heart has really grown huge. The honeysuckle is winding down but the tiger lilies are all blooming here as well as all our roses. It is cool here today with rain tonight and tomorrow. Next week we are heating up though.

Going to run some errands and stop in at the Amish market for some things. My daughter gave me some snow peas last night to enjoy. Their little garden is doing quite well.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood .... I love Mr Roger .... Gorgeous day here in way upstate NY. The sun is shining and the birds are singing, what more could one ask?

I went for a walk Sunday morning (I live a hop skip and a jump from the gorgeous Lake Champlain) and couldn't help but notice how empty the marinas were.

Usually during this time of year the lake is bustling with sailboats. Being right on the Canadian border, we have numerous Canadians that keep their boats on this side of the border. With Covid and the Canadian border being closed, it wasn't worthwhile to put their boats in the water. So the yard is full of winterized boats.

It frighten's me to think what it will do the financial well being of the marinas. Sadly, we are not the only town that will be facing this challenge. The Canadian government has extended the border closure to July 21. I was planning on visiting my family this weekend, but I will pass. I just don't need more stress in my life at the moment. I'm actually looking to reduce it ... beam me up Scotty!

On another note, I've been keeping busy with finishing a quilt. I'll post a picture in the project thread.

I've been looking to buy a small farm house with a bit of land out in the country ... well being from Montreal I feel I am in the county ... but you know what I mean. A property where no one can tell me what I can and cannot do. I want my chickens! lol Not much on the market. And what is there requires a lot of renovation .... not something I want to do. Oh well, just looking to she what's out there.

That's pretty much it for me. As Sarah would say ... "keeping busy as a means of hanging on to my peace".

Catch you all later.

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jun 18 2020 10:56:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  08:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that is a gorgeous sky! I really miss my home in NY sometimes. I can't blame you one bit on the stress, we all need less of that.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  10:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous photos from your area, Carole! We are having a pretty day too but it is hot and humid. Your idea of a little place in the country to call your own sounds awesome!! I bet you will eventually come across a little place and then there is also the option to buy the size lot you want and build your own little bungalow. Might be the same price in the end and you won't have to renovate.

Yes, I am into reducing stress too. Out state virus numbers are spiking so we have been staying close to home. Out backyard birds are getting so spoiled with all our attention to them and making sure nothing gets empty for very long LOL!! I would love to go to NC to visit our daughter but we just have to stay put for now. We miss her!! Warren's friend, who is up in NC at his second home, said the local paper stated that the apple crop this year is going to be fantastic!! WooHoo!! The western Carolina area has had plenty of rain and no late frost, so apples are on the make. Oh my, it makes my mouth water just thinking about fresh picked apples!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  11:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, In the fall, I will make it a point to take pictures of the numerous apple orchards we have in our area and post it on our forum. Perhaps we can start a picture thread ... Apples across the US ..... It is so wonderful to have a variety of apples in our area. My favourite are sweet tangos and they only come out at the end of August ... for a very short period at that. Such a wonderful eating apple ... sweet and tangy at the same time .... OK, now you got my mouth watering! lol

Guess what I just received in the mail today?

I just love it! It was so sweet to include a calendar too!

Ok, I'll catch you all later. I'm off to look at my Merit Badge planner!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jun 18 2020 11:01:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  12:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GRRR!!! STRESSING OUT RIGHT NOW! I'm going to rant if you want to pass this up. LOL!

The ditz of a realtor that is buying my house should find another occupation - and the quicker the better. My experienced, high-volume-sales-and-listing realtor had to tell her how to re-do much of it. She had offered a full-listing-price cash offer with no inspection and no appraisal, which was great for an old house like that. My realtor had listed it for an aggressive price, so we were very happy when a full price offer came in. It had a 45 day contingency on it for the buyer-realtor (yes, the buying realtor for my house is buying it for herself) to sell her property. She got an offer on hers, but it needed an appraisal. It took over a week and came in a lot lower, she protested and got it raised some, but her buyer wanted the price lowered. She called my realtor and said they needed every penny from the sale of her house to buy mine, and could not buy mine unless I lowered the price $10K. We decided to do that, because after being on hold for 45 days, if it was relisted buyers would probably make a lower offer anyway, it would take another 30 days to close, and if financing would need an appraisal and inspection. My realtor and I agree that I am getting the raw end of this deal, and she even reduced her commission to help me. We were supposed to close tomorrow, but now it will be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also having problems with a furniture delivery. They have delivered two pieces once and damaged some of my newly painted walls and the furniture in the process; they delivered replacement pieces and those pieces were also damaged; now they will deliver the new replacements on the 24th. It is very frustrating when you spend a lot of money on something and it isnt correct when it arrives.

Thanks for listening. HUGS!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  12:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Linda... I'm sorry you are poor having so much difficulty.
Remember to take deep breaths, calm down, and pray about it.
You do not want to have a heart attack, or stroke out.
Now for a true story. About 8 years ago my son built a big new home for some people. It was their vacation home. She went to some fancy furniture store in the big city. She hired a decorator and together they decided to fill the new home with too much "stuff". Down stairs worked out fairly well. But when her guys tried to go up to the game room/ tv movie room, with the sofa they had chosen...it was not pretty. The wall that she had special " paints"etc. on...well it was badly scarred.Of course they had to try a second time...to no avail. In the end they had to go back to the city with that big plush leather sofa.
She had to go back and look for smaller stuff.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 18 2020 1:05:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jumping into June~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page