Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 10

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  04:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are pretty Shannon. I have a lot of Pyrex from my mom. They are all odds and ends. I do have a set of woodland bowls that I use but I want to get the Homesteading set. I have some of it. I also have some Fire king pieces that I will probably put on Etsy or ebay.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok friends, Debbie Fischer posted on the 10"music square swap over on the main swap page. Please go there and read her comments. Also remember her in your prayers. I get busy and forget...but I will try to remember to send her a card, when I send to others, (card swaps, etc.) She is not a SPG, but many of you know her. Thanks.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  05:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I saw Debbi's post as well and plan to continue sending her cards and prayers. She is most thankful for her Farmgirl friends and I am so glad that I have had the chance to know her through MJF.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  12:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I am so behind!! Life has been crazy busy around here. Planning for my challenge is taking up a lot of time. So much to do!!!!! Hope your year has started blessed!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  4:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will go see the 10" square swap with Debbie,
Thanks Marilyn.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  3:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for Debbie!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  5:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Literally sitting next to a warm fire tonight. Cold, wet and extremely windy here. I have been hearing cracks outside all day so I know there are trees coming down in the woods next to the house.
Getting ready to change up the spare room. My bil is looking for a house with a bit more vigor and I ordered a set of bunk beds with a trundle for the grands to use in there. Was looking for something compact when not in use.
Ohio family will be coming for Spring break and need that room for their three girls.
We had the oldest 3 grands last weekend and it went very well though we had to separate the younger 2 for sleeping. Wor ked out ok.
I hope everyone else is having decent weather. We are rain all day tomorrow but then 50's till the next week. Still even in the 40s is good if the sunshine shows up.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  7:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This crazy weather is really affecting our young barometers. They were so hyper and noisy today. I took them outside to play for 25 minutes and they ran around and around and around the playground laughing, screaming, etc. We came back in and did some math but they could not settle, so we played parachute games for twenty minutes. I was tired.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is affecting our children at school too and driving the Teachers crazy, we might have a good day tomorrow, maybe they will calm down.

One Teacher said his boys were just naughty.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  01:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene, I am glad to hear that our little ones are not the only ones.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  1:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The kids were better today...but had to sit down around the playground, for two minutes, for running in the building...they were so excited, not bad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  9:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess the girls were better but not the boys today. They found some lice on one of the girls and managed to catch one and taped in a scotch tape sandwich. It was a big one.
Yucky poo.
such is life at school.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  9:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope we don't have those critters this year. You are right about the yuickie poo.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  9:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess life at school doesn't change much through the years. Just the other day my sister, Betty, I were remembering growing up and the blue/purple light at school. Once a year we were tested for head lice at school. My sisters and I never had them but I still remember the fear of them finding one in my hair. Fast forward 60+ years to 2017 and the lice are still around.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  9:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my youngest was in school lice were going around and I just happen to see it zip through her hair and was lucky to catch it. She only had the one, thank God. They make me itch just thinking about them.\

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  09:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, school memories! Thankfully my Pumpkin never came home with lice despite the fact that it was going around. What a mess to deal with! She also never had any of the childhood illness' like, chicken pox etc despite being around it! That sort of frightens me! Not sure why she never caught anything. I'm hoping it is because of her strong immune system. You would think that my having had Chicken pox (and other childhood illness) as well as being immunized that it would build a strong immune system for her. I sure hope so. Mumps is presently going around at her university. A few students have been sent home.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  09:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh mumps thatof kind rough when they are older.
As well as chicken pox. My oldest dd had pox and shared a bed with her sister who never got them....until she was 19. It was a very bad case for her. Her brother was about 15 and his weren't so bad. Neither ended up with scars though and I was happy for that.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 25 2017 3:21:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  11:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son had chicken pox for his third birthday and two weeks there after. Poor kid. Then when he was ten, the doctor said he had to have the mumps vaccine since he had never had the mumps. Mumps in men is really bad. Seems that I was told they go down on men and can cause them a lot of pain as well as becoming sterile. Then when he was 16, he and every other kid his age had to have a new measles vaccine. They gave it at school. It was serious business.
When I was about to go through chemo, I was told that if I was around anyone with chicken pox I could die. Wouldn't you know that was the year every seventh grader had to get a pox booster shot. Baylee was one of that group...So I could not be anywhere near her...for six weeks...that was so hard. I would hear them outside, on their way to the barn...but that was it, NO Contact. That made me sad.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 25 2017 11:42:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  11:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had all my shots when I was little, not fun and had the mumps 3 times anyway. and on Easter too! No Easter egg hunt. not fun!

Take care everyone.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  12:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was in 2nd grade my three sisters and I all had whooping cough and chicken pox at the same time. I still remember how sick I was. No scars just bad memories. At sometime I had measles and the mumps but I don't remember them - just that I had them.

Since I did have chicken pox I have had singles several times. Mild cases which I am thankful for. Some doctors believe MS belongs in the chicken pox, shingles, mono, and fever blisters family. I have had all of them except for fever blisters. All and including MS except for the chicken pox have been mild cases. I consider my case of MS mild because I am not paralyzed, blind, or any other of the bad affects of MS.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  12:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the pox, then mumps and finally the measles when I was in first grade. My poor mother rarely left the house that year, because as I cleared one hurdle both my four year old sister and three year old brother came down with what I brought home. I rarely went to school. We moved in mid May. I remember mother putting them in the darkened back seat of the car for the trip to our new home, where my dad had covered all of the Windows. They covered their faces and got them inside but they both had to wear glasses from a young age.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  12:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, Pumpkins best choice would to get updated on the MMR vaccine, which is for Measles, Mumps and Rubella, and then the Chicken pox vaccine. The two can be given at the same time and will provide her with important immunity. Both vaccines are given as two doses with a few months apart to get full coverage. They are available at any public health department. As a young adult, she is at risk for a more serious case of any of these disease should she catch them. The vaccines are safe and without side effects and will last her a life time. As Employee Health nurse for 6 years, I used to administer the MMR and Chicken pox vaccine to new employees who had never had them and we never had any issues at all. These vaccines are extremely safe.

Carole, another important vaccine for college students is for Pnemococcal meningitis which can spread very quickly in dorms and can be fatal. My kids got their vaccines at the local public health dept before they started college upon recommendation of their pediatrician. There are outbreaks of this disease almost every year on college campuses and it is easily spread by kids sharing drinks and food.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  1:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, aren't the measles very dangerous to young women and fetuses, should she one day become pregnant?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  1:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are several rashes that young kids get. Some are contagious, even though not the big two. I remember my big chart in my office at the daycare...I referred to it frequently, called school nurses/ even the state, and looked at photos on the internet...trying to determine if a child was allowed in or not.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  3:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, that doesn't always happen with men but it can. When my parents were planning their wedding in 1946, they chose September but had to change it because my dad came down with the mumps.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page