Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 10

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  07:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the little house is the sewing/craft/storage house. LOL!
This fence, going up my driveway, really makes it look and feel more like a farm or ranch, and I love it!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  08:45:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda!! I have always love your Farmhouse. The new fence is fabulous!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love seeing the pictures of your house and fence. Beautiful place. Great fence!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sweet ladies, It is good to be back and see all that is going on. I have a lot of things I am going to go through as well, I have tried ebay on some things but they just sit there and I haven't gotten anyone who wants them, I tried the bidding at .99cents and never had a good auction for that. I really do want to get rid of things but haven't had much luck that way. I will continue trying though.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  8:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I suggest to all of you that are listing things on ebay to possibly list them on here!?!? I know I personally am hardly ever on ebay!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  8:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me. I will try that when I get it looked through. Are you looking for anything in particular Shannon?
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  06:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I have been doing Ebay for many years and have learned that the only things that really sell are collectibles or name brand products. If you have specific china pieces, figurines, housewares or clothing that are name brand, you have a better chance of selling. What I do before I list, is go in and see how much of what I want to sell is already on the market and not moving. For example, Boyd's Bears are very abundant and hardly ever move unless you have a very limited one. Even then it will only sell for a small amount. It is a funny market on Ebay and you can waste a lot of time listing stuff that nobody buys. Another way i to figure out if an item might sell s to find something identical to what you want to sell and track it through and see if it gets any bids or if it sells. If nothing happens, you can figure that your item won't do much either and not worth your time or listing fee. Does that make sense? In general, I have found that clothing is very hard to sell unless it is something that still has a new tag on it and never worn. Same for name brand purses like Vera Bradley etc.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  07:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, thank you for your input on ebay. I too have been thinking of listing items. On my "To-Do" list was to figure out how ebay works. I'm wondering if Etsy would be better? Do you have an opinion? Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  09:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that also, Winnie.

Darlene -
My local area has a lot of Facebook pages where you can sell things - several of the nearby towns, including mine, have Buy, Sell, Swap pages with the town name first. People list cars, clothing, furniture, and just about everything there. We also have www.varagesale.com where you can list by city or area - you could even start a page there. I;ve sold several things there.
I am getting ready to put some of my aprons and other items in a consignment gift-y type shop here. She charges 20% of what you sell - if it doesn't sell, you don't pay anything. I'm leery of paying to rent a booth at some of the other places - if you don't sell you still have to pay a monthly fee.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  09:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, have you thought of craft shows? Sometimes you local guild has a show and they allow their members to sell some of their work. I know the guild around here has a booth during a show and they sell what members have made. A percentage does go to the guild. Some churches also have small craft fairs. You might want to check it out!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  09:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have done craft fairs - sometimes I do well, and others I barely cover the booth fee. There are several fall festivals in east Texas that I have participated in with my items. My guild is having a show this fall - we can have booths there. The area I am in does not seem to do as well supporting sewn crafts as they do rustic crafts such as things made out of old barn wood.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the ideas, I have sold some things on Ebay and have researched some of the things on there and it is a long process. I think I will try other places. Etsy is good if you are all set up for it. I like Etsy though. I think I will look around first.

Thanks.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Etsy has grown into a huge thing. It is so difficult to get noticed. A girl here makes and sells wedding garters. She rodeos and began making cute headbands for herself, to wear at those events.friends noticed and wanted some. That worked its way into the garter business. If you have hundreds of friends like her, who will wear or use your product and tell everyone about it...perhaps it would work. We have several local groups that Linda was telling you about. I have purchased kid toys. The police department has safe parking spaces in front of the police dept. where you can meet your client. My great niece loves vintage stuff. She has an enormous collection of Pyrex. She uses every trip to collect more. She started with a "shelf" in an antique mall. That grew into one wall space. Now she has a booth and following. She is a college girl, turned 20 in October. She started collecting At about age 14 because her mom and grandmother loved to go look in antique shops. She also gathers small tables ( and other furniture pieces), strips, sands and repaints them, transforming them into bright, colorful accent pieces.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to get my hands on snowflake pyrex!!!! But that is wishful thinking!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I have seen any of that Shannon,

good luck!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to start making ring bearer pillows. I know someone who does wedding planning and they do a lot of country and western themed weddings. He asked me if I could make up some samples. People want burlap and lace and "diamonds" ring bearer pillows. I may make some denim and lace ones, too, as samples.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 13 2017 9:23:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a good idea. It seems that the ones I have seen on Etsy are smaller than the ones we had. You can make more pillows from your fabric and make money too. Great idea.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I looked on line and ring bearer pillows are about 7" x 7". They would be easy to make. And I'd make the pillow insert, too. If they sell, that would be easy money.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  07:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good project Linda.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  07:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that there has been a misunderstanding regarding our henhouse FGOTY. I take full responsibility for this.

If you have been keeping up with my posts, you know I have been away (travelling) in December and returned sick. I am still not feeling well since my return and neglected to take care of this matter in time. Please forgive me.

I have written a post on the Bulletin board - This individual is chosen by all of you - PLEASE take the time to read it - By the way, you should all be subscribed to the bulletin board. That's where I post announcements etc .... yea, I haven't been to babbly as of late!

Read all about it here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3795

Before sending me your vote via e-mail ..... please, please, please take the criteria listed into consideration. This honour is about the valuable contributions one makes to the henhouse. Your vote is kept confidential.

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 14 2017 1:36:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  1:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new fence is so nice! Love your farmhouse, and the setting looks like a perfect, peaceful place to live!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  3:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I have collected a lot of things through the years, maybe a flea market would be a good place to sell things. Have any of you ever sold items at flea markets? Thought about Etsy, but it seems it would take a lot of time. There appears to be lots of competition on the internet. Plus the shipping. Sometimes I think it is more fun to just give the things to others that could use or love them. Bartering is fun. Not helpful if you are trying to cut back on the contents of your house though. lol

Flea markets would mean packing and hauling with no guarantee of sales.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Jan 15 2017 3:46:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2017 :  8:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sadden to read the news that Gene Cernan (apolo 17) passed away today. Last year we loss John Glenn & Edgard Mitchell. My space heros all seem to be leaving the bonds of earth.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but we sure have lost a lot of wonderful people as of late.

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 16 2017 8:41:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page