Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic
Page: of 8

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  6:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brought home a bag of beautiful Macintosh apples from Ohio and went a couple days ago to get some local grown Empires.
Getting started on my pies this week for the freezer and Apple Pie Sunday!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  7:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a good day at Church, it was a nice Sermon. I went to school where I work and fed the fish and cleaned the bathrooms then I used one of the class rooms table to cut some fleece to the side of a blanket. I don't have anywhere to do it at home..It was really warm this afternoon. This morning the sky was pretty,the fog was whitish, and down close to the ocean then a strip of red then the blue sky was above that, It was so nice.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds beautiful Darlene. I have also cut fabric at school and church on their long tables.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  9:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those tables really help, I had two yards of fleece and wanted to cut the back the same size so I used the row of desks. Perfect use of a good space :D

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  05:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great way to get them cut out Darlene.

I finally got my quilt put together. Just need to get it quilted before Saturday. I'll try to post a picture when it's finished.

We are finally getting a little bit cooler temps. Hoping Fall has finally arrived.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  09:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you have large tables to cut on. My kitchen table is a gate-leg table that folds out to seat 8 so that's what I use to cut large pieces. Takes up the center of my kitchen and I can only squeeze between it and the counter, but it gets the job done.

Annie and I settled down on the front porch and I finished the tart when the phone rang. It was my neighbor and I asked if it was a good time for me to come up. I wanted to share my tarts with her and her mother. Her mother is in her 90s, a WWII bride and is on Hospice. Before she became ill I loved listening to her tell stories about growing up in England and her experiences during the war. Her parents sent her to live with an aunt who owned a country pub.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth

Edited by - YellowRose on Sep 26 2016 09:15:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  11:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A front moved through overnight. We had a few showers, but the temperature was 61 degrees this morning. Wow. WOW!!! Awesome Autumn has arrived.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  3:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just had a great rain come through, hopefully bringing Fall temps! I have lots of apples that need my attention, and cooler temps!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  5:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. But we already have cooler temps. Loving this weather!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I am enjoying cooler weather too. My sister and I went to local fruit/veg stand today. Their first shipment of pie pumpkins didn't look good so I skipped them. The next load may be better. There were rows of pumpkins and large gourds but I only found one pumpkin I liked. Sure hope it isn't going to be a bad year for pumpkins. If it is I will just have to be happy with one pumpkin on my front porch.

Their mums were beautiful but you have to water mums, and I'm just tired of watering. I do good to take care of the plants I have so I skipped the mums too. Seems like year after year I find it easier to skip buying plants at the end of a long hot summer because they take watering. Come spring I'm all rested up from a cold winter and it doesn't bother me to water day in day out.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  7:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am kind of like that gtoo Sara. I always ask God to water for me. He does pretty good, but I had to help out some this year. I find that I enjoy his little yellow sunflower and red salvia display, at this time of the year. Then after the first frost, after the copper heads are denned up or too cold to move quickly...We all spend a long hard day and remove the summers overgrowth. The huge spring rains this year really made things spread out and grow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  9:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I can hardly wait to see your quilt when it is finished. I don't have a large table so use them where I can get them.
Sara, I bet it was really interesting to hear your friends stories from England. I am sorry to hear she is on Hospice.
Ruth, I bet that rain felt good and kind of nice to be short from what I hear on the radio about the areas who get flooded.
We are supposed to have some rain this week end, maybe. we shall see. This week has been hot for here. On Sunday at my friends in the mountains, it was in the 90's, it has been very warm here in Loleta, we melt here after it gets any higher than 70's. :D
Well everyone have a good day tomorrow!

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  06:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Lovely coolish morning here in way upstate NY. We had a wonderful weekend visiting with my little Pumpkin. Aside from that, not much is going on!

Sara, I'll be right over for one of your tarts! It sounds lovely to be sitting on your porch enjoying a cuppa and nibble. The mornings here are cool, a tad to cool to be sitting outside first thing in the morning. I can't believe I didn't take the time to enjoy the summer mornings, coffee and breakfast outside. Seems I was to busy going to work early. Now, well it's a tad late!

I enjoy listening to WW2 stories. These folks have experienced so much. Nancy's, one of my staff, her mother in law is British. Met her DH during the war, hence a war bride. She's in her 90's and I kidd you not, this woman has more lives than a cat! One day she's on her death bed, the next she's up and about.

Denise, so sad to read about your chickens. How did your pies turn out? DH is the apple pie lover/maker in the house. It's really the only dessert he'll make. He's not a baker. However, his pies are not sweet and not really my taste, even with a ton of vanilla ice cream! He rants and raves about his pies and I just keep quiet. I don't like an overly sweet pie, but a tad of sweetness to take away the tartness is good by me. I tend to make my apple pie using honey and sugar. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  06:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, here in northeast Texas summer mornings are too hot and humid to sit out on the front porch. A few mornings I do sit on the back deck which is shady. Some years our winters are mild enough to sit on front porch with a light jacket for morning coffee/tea. We had a long hot summer so I don't know what the winter will bring as long as it isn't ice I will be okay with 20 degrees.

Edited by - YellowRose on Sep 28 2016 06:27:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  07:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yardman mowed this morning and said it may be the last time this year and he will see me next year. During times of more rain my yard may need mowing to Thanksgiving but this year we're back into a drought.

55 degrees this morning and it feels great. May work in the yard a little later. So far I have been working the kitchen. Roast in the oven and vegetable parings ready to dry for veg broth.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  2:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a cooler day today and this week end we may be expecting rain. we shall see. A week from Sunday Loleta is having its big antique show, put on by the Fire dept. It is a big one but I probably won't see much because I have to work the Chamber Silent Auction on Sunday. Saves me money though.
Your weather sounds better Sara and that Roast and vegi's sound yummy. It feels like Friday today.
Have a good Thursday everyone.

hugs and blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  2:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene squeeze in a walk around at the antique show if you can. I have worked concession stands when my son was in school or worked in church kitchens. Got to be a little part of the event and see the people but really didn't get to experience it to the fullest.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  2:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also thought it seemed like a Friday. I did not sleep well last night...So I think I was wishing for Friday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  6:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, won't know how the pies are till I bake them. Right now I am trying to stock the big freezer with pies and cookies and crockpot meals. I still need to finish the binding on the quilt.
We are having lots of rain I think they are saying until Tuesday. So I should have some baking days ahead. Though dad has an appt. tomorrow and another on Monday. So I have a couple days taken with that, not sure what I'll get done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 29 2016 6:00:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  7:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were up near the Canadian border sat Friday and Saturday. It was 36 in the early morning but in the high 60s by afternoon. Beautiful and sunny. We've had so much rain that the trees are about two weeks late in turning colors. An occasional red maple or sumac, yellow leaves here and dark spruce trees. It was windy so the lake had wonderful whitecaps and they would crash into the shore. Wonderful! We went to a artist's studio tour along the shore. Great fun! I love the beadwork of Jo Wood. Check her work out. It is phemenal. Hope everyone gets the weather they want. Can't believe it is almost October already.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  06:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone, Beautiful cool morning this morning 57 when I got up and a light breeze. So glad it is fall. I have finished the two baby quilts that I have been working on for over a month, they turned out cute. Now on to all the things that got put aside till they were finished. Hope everyone is enjoying this great fall weather. Headed out to Canton this afternoon if the hubby can get off work early. Canton is one of the biggest flea markets in Texas and they have it once a month. You can not see it all in one day. But ours youngest is working a booth this weekend so we are going to visit and shop a little or a lot. So much to look at. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Enjoy

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  06:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry enjoy your visit and may you find a special little something to take home.

Back in the 1960s my ex-husband and I sold painted plaster at Canton. It was all the rage back then. We liked Canton so much we bought five acres there but everything went south for us and he got the five acres.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  06:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone from Edinburgh, Scotland where it is in the upper 50s, windy and periods of light rain and sunshine. I can't believe I get to wear a real sweater today and be comfortable. It is heavenly!! This far north the trees are just beginning to turn color and Fallseems like a reality. Sunday I head back home where it stubbornly remains close to 90 everyday. I have enjoyed this little interlude of fall like weather here this past week in Wales and northern England.

I am homesick as it is almost three weeks and looking forward to getting back home and back to my own way of life. We have seen many beautiful and interesting places and eaten lots of delicious favorites. Love those British scones and tea cakes!! I hate to think what the scale is going to say when I get home!! Lol!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  06:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie so glad you are having a good time and please have one more English scone for me. We miss you too.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  12:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always enjoyed my Canton adventures...especially when we first began going...No covered pavilions, etc. back then.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page