Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic
Page: of 8

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  1:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - (((HUGS))) I remember the pain and tears of giving away our chickens quite well, though it was over a year ago! Praying for you!!!

Winnie - Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! How lovely!

Darlene - It never occurred to me that on the other coast you do not see ruby throated hummingbirds. I love love love them!!! Wonder if they get them in Wyoming!?!?

We FINALLY have our orders! Leaving South Carolina on October 11th :) Now to run around like crazy people to get everything done!!! Hubby's retirement is on the 3rd and my oldest's baptism on the 2nd.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  5:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have cleaned my kitchen and the dried celery has been stored away. After a busy day in the kitchen there's something peaceable about a quiet kitchen. I like to stand in the middle of the room and soak in the peace knowing in the morning with the whistling of the tea kettle it starts all over again.

My kitchen is at rest and I'm off the computer to watch my British mysteries on PBS. Yes, life is good here in Little Eden.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, I am so sorry. I know how much your girls meant to you and the battle you fought to keep them. Can you have visiting rights at there new home?

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  5:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I am soooo sorry about your chickie girls :(! Thankful that you found them a new home where it sounds like they will be loved! We have 9 chickie girls and they are just so much fun, plus the eggs that they give us ! I don't get the zoning with chickens!!!!
Shannon, So happy that you have your orders, so exciting to start your new adventure. Hope you all stay healthy in the process :)! Happy about the Baptism as well! Much to be proud of.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  6:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon you have waited a long time for this. I pray it goes smoothly and that God blesses your family in your new home.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  7:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Carole - so sorry you had to get rid of your girls, but glad you found them a good home.

Shannon - Congrats on getting your orders. Are you moving yourselves or having a moving company do the heavy work? How long will it take you to get to your new place? And where was that you are going?

Winnie - I really enjoyed my time in England - but that was ages ago. I'd love to go back sometime and see more of the countryside. Have fun and bring back lots of memories.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  7:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda, are you cool? Have fun.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  9:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, life comes with its share of disappointments.. So sorry it has to be this way. I wish you peace. You are hugged.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  9:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon. Things do happen fast. So happy that you finally know your direction. God bless you and your whole family.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  9:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, life comes with its share of disappointments.. So sorry it has to be this way. I wish you peace. You are hugged.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  05:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole and Shannon I thought I had replied to your posts but when I re-read the thread this morning I found I had just thought I did.

Shannon I am so happy for you and your family. Two celebrations so close together will make this an October to remember.

Carole, I know how it feels to give up your chickens. I had to let my go because Annie never made peace with them and they longer could free range in the backyard. They went to live with my sister who has 50 chickens. They are in with her white leghorns.

I had so many plans for today but I woke up with MS fatigue so I will rest and piddle. At the end of the day I will be happy if I check off one or two things noted in my planner.

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  07:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Thank you everyone for your kindness regarding the "girls". They are now gone, Carol came to pick them up yesterday afternoon, summer coop and all. I feel they are going to a good home. There will be other farm animals and a lama. lol Bye, bye, girls ...

Oh LOOK! It's Ruth's package tucked in between the stack of fire wood! Ah ... a happy apple package!

Sara, this morning I took the time to put your information in my henhouse binder and read your profile. OMG, thanks for the laugh .... Beverages ... Geez, we seem to have lots in common ... I'll be right over with the wine, cheese, bread and glasses .... cuz, it's all about the wine glass! lol Anyone else want to join us? It's a PPPPPaaaaaaarty <- pronounced with the Sponge Bob accent please ..... at Sara's!! Gez, here I am inviting myself and fellow henhouse sisters to your home! lol

Shannon, glad that your life will settle soon. How exciting! Do let us know how your new adventures are coming along!

Marilyn, how is the green egg doing? Is it still standing?

This morning I woke at 6:00 a.m. and lazily laid in bed until 9:00 a.m. kitty snuggled by my side, listening to the rain. I love rain ... the sound is so peaceful to my ears.

After work, we are leaving for Geneseo to get a hug from my little Pumpkin. It's parent weekend. We'll do a pit stop in Albany (3 hours away) and enjoy dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory (Yummy). After tasting a few of my favourite flavours in cheesecake, I've come to the conclusion that I like their Classic best. We'll spend the night 2 hours drive away from the University and do the rest early morning. All in all, it's a 6.5 hour drive.

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 23 2016 7:29:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  08:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone is welcomed. I'll have the wine and nibbles just bring yourself and some good conversation.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  6:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, so sorry you had to let your girls go.
It seems while I was away, someone let the girls out to free range and forgot to shut them back in. Unfortunately we lost 4 to a hungry little fox. I keep telling the guys not mess with my girls that they don't need to be out when I am away but they don't seem to listen. I feel so bad. They were all shook up pretty badly. I told the guys hands off. I'll take care of them. I usually let them out but always put them in before supper and they always do it after. I'd rather they were in before dark. It will be something if these men don't all drive me to drink!!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 23 2016 6:20:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  6:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, Glad your package came when it did! Timing is everything :)! Still upset that you had to let your "girls" go, but think they went to a loving home! Love the porch on the side of your home!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, it was still standing at 1:00pm today when I came home. Almost 28 hours after it first stood up. I have done this before but never just let it be.

Denise, it is always hard to lose a hen. My husband thinks we lost a rooster and a baby a couple of nights ago. The roos are independent beings and do not sleep inside a pen. So I expect to lose one now and then. My girls love treats, do yours? Bread is probably their favorite...So a couple of times a month they get some. Otherwise it is veggie peels, fruit peels and rinds, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2016 :  1:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole , I am so sorry to hear that you had to give up your chickens. It seems so silly that you couldn't keep a few backyard hens.

Congratulations Shannon on finally getting your orders !! I know you and your family have waited for a long time for this exciting new adventure!!

We have been in Wales the past few days and it has been so beautiful and different. The Welsh language doesn't look or sound anything like English. Everyone here is very friendly and welcoming to us American tourists.

Happy Apple Pie Sunday tomorrow!! Enjoy your delicious apple desserts for me!!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2016 :  5:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, they do get treats. Plus, fresh greens too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2016 :  9:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry about your chickens Carole, Sad when they are friends. Some people don't care.
Have a good trip to see Pumpkin, and a good time.
Well have a good day tomorrow.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2016 :  10:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reminder Winnie. Now I know what to fix for our dessert tomorrow. We are having our early Thanksgiving dinner. Since it is a family favorite we usually have it about now and also on the correct date. I got a big hen to bake, from the store. Fried okra, green beans and candied sweet potatoes were requested by Hadlee. Real dressing...not stovetop this time.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 24 2016 10:48:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made 8 apple custard tarts for Apple Pie Sunday. Had to turn the A/C to minus 70 because it's steamy hot today, but it was worth it. In the morning it's supposed to be 68 so I am looking forward to having a tart breakfast on the front porch. Don't you think anticipation is half the fun?

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  2:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds good Sara. I am looking forward to some cooler, less humid days.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  3:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I with you on the cooler days.
Is the egg still standing?

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  5:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been to the classroom since 1:00pm Friday. It was up then.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  6:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn when I asked I was thinking about the egg and not the day. I'm often in my own little world.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page