Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Instagram .... picture perfect!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Instagram .... picture perfect! Next Topic  

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  07:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Many of us have an Instagram account and I thought it would be nice to list our handles so that we may want to follow each other.

For some of us, posting a picture on social media is quicker than writing a post. It also becomes another way for us to let others know that we are okay.

So, I will start with my accounts. I'm on Instagram under the following handles:

c_prevost - my personal account
fibrejunction - my business account. I post anything related to Fibre Junction including quilt market, new fabrics coming in etc ...

I do know that Julie (treelady) is busy at the moment and I'm not sure if she would have the time to post on this thread. So here is her Instagram handle:

treelady61 - Julie

To all of you who enjoy taking photos, you might want to open an Instagram account and share your work. If anyone needs to know how to do it and about hashtags, I would gladly offer my knowledge.

Cheers! Or would that be Click!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 06 2016 07:24:24 AM

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  08:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know nothing about Instagram. Guess I need to check into it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  08:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, it is a place where you post pictures. You can use pictures that you have taken or snap one from the app itself. You also have the ability to edit your pictures within the app as well as the use of filters.

You will need to download the app and open an account. It is available for ipads, iphones and androids. It's so easy to just snap and post. Here is an example of what Instagram post looks like:

People can like your posts as well as leave a comment. You can also link your post to your facebook account so that when you post, it also posts on your FB account.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 06 2016 08:18:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  10:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is something I have, but rarely use...maybe now is the time. Creativegran is my handle.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  10:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is the same - hudsonsinaf but I don't know how to post pictures, hahahaha

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  3:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What are the pound signs (#)? Isn't that another app? Twitter or something? Or are they Instagram?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  3:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I do not know much, but I think they are called hash tags, and they are used on twitter. If I could remember my sign in information---I might be able to send a tweet. I did not know hash tags were used with instagram. Perhaps Carole can teach us.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  7:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carole for posting my info for me. You are right it is rather busy here. I love Instagram, it is much quicker and easier to,post a quick picture to let everyone know what I am up to. I have also joined a few unique swaps and met some amazingly talented ladies and made friends with several ladies in Australia, England and Scotland. I look forward to seeing everyone on Instagramgram.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  7:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People use hashtags to categorize their photo and/or tweets. You can do a search on hashtags to see what people posted. For example, if you did a search on #quilts you would see all the pictures posted under that category. I don't always use hashtags. It depends how I feel.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  8:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK - I just joined Instagram. I am quiltee_in_texas since quiltee was already taken. Please join me and bear with me while I learn this.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Aug 06 2016 8:19:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  9:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole thanks for explaining the hash tags. Linda, as you learn you can also help the rest of us along.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone, have you been checking out Instagram? It really is fun and oh so quick to see what one is up to as well as post pictures. Keep in mind that Mary Jane is also on there!

maryjanesfarm

Please be sure to include your handle!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 06 2016 09:08:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  12:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found out that a LOT of people I don't know have Joined my Instagram. I haven't posted because I really don't have anything important to say every day. LOL! Where do all these people come from?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, be careful about those "following" you. Some are spam. They actually want you to follow them. I do not and if I do not like the profile picture or feel that their profile is "questionable" I block them. I don't need questionable people following me!

BTW, you are are not following the instagram account I tend to post under but one I opened when I didn't know what I was doing. I'm under c_prevost

Carole

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and you can program you profile to be "private". If you do, only people who follow you will be able to see your photos. I haven't done that for my personal profile, but am thinking about it. Fibre Junction is public and will remain public because it's a business.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will change that to your correct profile, Carole.

And thanks for the advice about followers. I haven't followed any of them I don't know from foreign countries. How an I find and block all the bad followers? I can't seem to find them.

Thanks, again!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 06 2016 12:58:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  1:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To see who is following go to your profile - press the icon on the right
at the top you will see "followers" - click on that (you will see all the people who are following you)
if you think they are questionable - press on their profile name - it will take you to their info screen - there you will see the pictures they have posted.
to block them - at the top right corner you will see three (3) dots ... press that and a screen will pop up
There you will have the option to block the user etc ....
If you block, it will take you to another screen - confirm - then dismiss

Hope this helps!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  1:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, thank you! Appreciate the help.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  06:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you'all want to read an article on #hashtags, there is a good article on Moda's blog, which by the way is a great blog to put on your reading list.

http://blog.modafabrics.com/2016/09/theskinnyonhashtags/

Enjoy!

Carole

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Instagram .... picture perfect! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page