Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic
Page: of 8

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  5:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Linda! I never got to join the Girl Scouts, I always wanted to, So I loved working on the MJF Badges!

Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you Linda. I'm proud of you.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2016 :  10:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Linda! Wow, 14! You rock girl!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  06:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today two of my sisters and I are going to the quilt shop in town. The owner is retiring and one of the women, who has worked there for years, is taking it over but... She will be moving it to another location and changing the name... it will no longer be connected to the Sew Much More stores. I expect to see some major changes when the shop moves. The big sale is still going on so I am planning on stocking up on large-eyed embroidery needles and buttons. May even find a piece of fabric I can't live without.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  06:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara - How fun to go to the quilt store, but sad that it will be changing so much... I guess change can be good... I guess only time will tell :)

Today is a "normal" day here on the East Coast... working on school with the kiddos, trying to catch up on laundry and housework, and gearing up for another full week of whatever life brings us :) Rain is expected this afternoon, but that is pretty normal this time of year :) We are hoping hubby will have orders by this afternoon, but not holding our breath! I am starting "Trim Healthy Mama" today... hopeful that it helps with not just weight loss, but also with some health issues.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I need to trim this little round body ... got any hints I can use .... already doing smaller portions and don't eat bread with pasta, potatoes, or rice. I don't want to diet - I want to change the way I eat for life. I need to cut about 400 calories a day out of what I eat.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  07:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara - Trim Healthy Mama is suppose to be a way of eating for life... they basically teach you how to separate your uses of energy, being your carbs and your fats... once you hit your ideal weight, you can start having crossovers, or eating your carbs with your fats again.... That was probably clear as mud, lol. Check out their website at trimhealthymama.com and see if it is something you might be interested in

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  07:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Shannon, I didn't know it was a program... I thought it was something you had put together for yourself. I will check it out.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  12:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kindergarten was weird. The kids were sleepy...They struggled to get going. The teacher was even sort of out of it. I met my husband for lunch and was telling him about it. It was just one of those days when everything goes in slow motion. I was concerned that the teacher might be getting sick, but I have only been with her five mornings, so I did not comment about it.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 19 2016 1:25:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  1:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone from London! We have been here the past week and trying to take in as many sites as possible. This city is so huge and there are many people and tourists everywhere enjoying so much history. We are hoping to see Buckingham Palscr tomorrow as we leave to go to Wales on Wednesday. Today we saw the Tower of London and Winston Churchill's WWII War room and museum. Everything was incredibly fascinating. So much history at every turn around here!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  8:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Winnie how exciting, I bet your really enjoying yourself. How is the weather there? Hope it isn't too hot.
Keep us posted,

I saw the prettiest Humming bird today. There are a couple that hang around the school but this one was flitting around the plants when the sun which was setting hit the spot on its neck and it just shone such a beautiful red, and then it was gone. I feel so blessed to be able to see that. It was awesome.

Have a good evening.
Blessings and hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  8:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, You were blessed. I don't believe I have seen one with red. Greens or blues usually.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  8:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me either Marilyn, but the sun was just right and it was so awesome. I think this is the one I saw. It is called a Broad Tailed Hummingbird .

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Sep 19 2016 8:26:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  12:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is beautiful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie!! How exciting! I love the way the older parts look like a scene from Charles Dickens," A Christmas Carol"! I have never been, its on my bucket list! My dad went there for Business every year before he retired and would bring me back the newspapers and pictures!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  09:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we toured Buckingham Palace and it was fantastic! So much beauty and history was at every inch of the tour!! Plus they had several rooms of the Queen's clothing including her wedding dress and coronation gown. Spectacular!!! We have been here 5 days so tomorrow we leave for Oxford and the Cotwolds . Looking forward to more exploring.

Last week it w as warm and sunny most days. Here in London it has been cool and overcast most of the time.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  12:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way back on the late 1500s ??? my great g g g g g g g ???? grandfather went to Oxford University, his sons came to America. They built a Furnace and named it Oxford in honor of their dad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  06:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is grocery shopping day and I am still recovering from running around town with my sisters on Monday. After the quilt shop we went to the Salvation Army and Braums for hamburgers.

At the quilt shop I met the lady who is buying it and found out she is moving it to my part of town... less than six blocks from me. That means I will be able to attend classes that I have not been able to. Times when women meet to do handwork and chat. They also have a time to bring your UFOs and work on them.

One of the classes I am missing out on now is on applique. The new owner, Dee, likes to applique so she said in the coming months she may do another class on it. I hope so.

I need to get off and get myself to the grocery store. I bought meat last week so I can skip that whole wall this week. I love it when I can skip aisles and walls.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  07:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie how fun for you. England is somewhere I have always wanted to go. Maybe someday my daughter and I will be able to. If you do the Post Card Swap, maybe cards from there......

Happy for you, have lots of fun!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  3:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember as a little girl about four, playing underneath the quilt that my mother, grandmother and an assortment of great aunts were stitching on. Lots of giggles from the wee ones mixed with the chatter of the older ones. I also remember playing with young pals while our mothers spent an afternoon visiting and ironing the weeks laundry. Later when I was about ten several young moms would crochet together while their children played. In a way I am a bit sad that my generation went to work outside the home. Now it seems that younger women want to sew and knit and crochet. Many are choosing to stay at home and raise their children, at least for the young years, before returning to work or opting for home schooling, and more family time. That is good.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 21 2016 3:48:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  4:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, telling about how the old and young use to interact bought back some of my memories. When I was fourteen I was a companion to an older woman for the summer. Mrs. Davis must have been in her late eighties. I can see her now with her neat gray bun and starched calico print housedress. Once a week she gave a luncheon for three neighbor women her age. Since it was only for lunch she had me set the card table instead of eating at the dining table. She covered the table with embroidered tablecloth and matching napkins. I only knew her for a summer but I still remember her southern ways and Texas drawl.

When I used to estate sale every week I always looked for card table cloths and matching napkins. I guess that summer has always been tucked away in my memory influencing me without me knowing it. Gotta say though I'm happy we no longer have to wear prim little housedresses.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  4:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thank you for solving a mystery for me. I have purchased a couple of small tablecloths, at estate sales, and one had some napkins, I never dreamed they were for a card table!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  5:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, What a wonderful trip you are on! I know you are enjoying it and taking lots of photos to share when you return home!
We have the RubyThroated Hummers here in Georgia and when the sun hits the little boys throat just right, the color is amazing! The girls don't have that pretty throat :(! I was on our front porch tonight watching them "Tank up" for the night. They will be leaving soon and we will miss them until next April 10th when they return, and we will have our feeders out and ready for them. We keep three feeders going at different locations to cut down on the "fighting"!
Hope you all have a great night!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  11:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone,

Winnie, thanks for checking in from Europe! Glad you are enjoying your trip. It sounds marvelous!

Darlene, how wonderful to have seen a hummingbird! I love hummingbirds! So beautifully graced with colours! Some chicken breeds, when you look at their feathers at a certain angle, they glimmer with various colours.

Speaking of chickens, we have lost the last battle and must get rid of the "girls". I'm so sadden by the news. Our loss was due to a technicality of the state of NY. I will say that I have the utmost respect for the judge, but no longer for some individuals who are associated with positions in the village, board of trusty and zoning board. I'll leave it at that and wont go into details! But, on a positive note, I found a good home for my girls. Last week I went to Tractor Supply to buy a bag of feed and mentioned to the cashier, who happens to be named Carol, that this would probably be that last time I buy feed because ... blah blah blah ... and she said "OMG, I'm looking for chickens. I just lost two and looked on Craig's list and couldn't find any. I figured I'd have to wait till spring to get chicks" .... She is planning on picking them up today. Here are my girls enjoying some clover - makes de-weeding my garden so much more pleasurable!

Catch you all later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 22 2016 3:21:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  12:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How sad Carole.
But I am glad you found them a new home.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 22 2016 12:53:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page