Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic
Page: of 8

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  08:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Gorgeous day here in way upstate NY. You can definitely tell that fall is in the air! The leaves are starting to turn their magnificent colours!

Not much going on in my world. I have been a recluse, mainly hanging out in coffee shops journaling and reading.

Brenda, I bought one of those steam mop thinking it would be easier, but I don't find that it is. I guess for spot cleaning it is good but for washing the floors, I think it's extra work or perhaps just the same amount of work. It does remind me of a vacuum clean ... perhaps that's the problem! lol I like the Libman Wonder Mop. When the head gets yucky you can just put a new head on. Mine is like 20 years old. I'm due for a new mop!

Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  08:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I hope you will have a better day. I deal with MS caused dizziness quite often so I know it's not any fun. A cold compress on back of neck helps sometimes both with being dizzy and having a upset tummy.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  08:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll try that cold compress, Sara. Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to hang clothes on the line today, but every time I look the least bit upwards my head spins, so may not do that. LOL!

I'll have to look up the Libman Wonder Mop. Never heard of it. I have all wood floors except for one bathroom. I have a steam mop and a Swiffer Wet. I like the steam for the kitchen and bathroom, but I agree - it is like vacuuming.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  11:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, do be careful. Back when the girls were little, my doctor put me on something for the arthritis pain. It messed with my brain. I fell down, crushing my left wrist. I understand the dizzy business.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in :)! On the mop issue. We love our "Shark" steam mop! This is our second one, when the first one died, after many, many years of much use, we went and got another one :)! My sister also has one and Loves it! I have white/cream ceramic tile in our kitchen, hall and mud room and three dogs, which equals 12 fuzzy feet, so you know it gets used A LOT :)!!! Just throw the pads in the washer (that doesn't have a soak setting - grrrr) sometimes wish for my old top load machine that I could just pull the button up and it would stop!!. We just had to get a new stove, ours was 19 years old, and the burners worked great, but the oven didn't. So new one is stainless and black (old one was white) black shows every piece of dust - driving me nuts, but guess I will adjust or go crazy, one or the other! Dryer needs some work on it too, had the refrigerator man here last week - drain plug was blocked, causing ice in the bottom of our freezer. Bottom drawer would not shut - I got trusty hairdryer out, melted the ice enough to lift it up and out - temporary fix until repair man could fix it properly) He put in a new part and said it would never happen again (design flaw in original part)!
Guess I was not alone is our appliance problems, just haven't been on to know what was going on with my farmgirl sisters!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  3:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - please email me with what you were taking. I have taken this before, but she recently expanded the dosage to take 2 a day instead of one. I am going back to only one and hopefully that will help reduce the dizziness.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  6:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I don't remember what it was. I do know I immediately gained 15#. I went on and off of it three times and gained the 15# each time. I finally quit because of the effects on my brain. That scared me. You know when you have a weird feeling that things are not right? It did allow me to live pain free.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  6:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This hasn't done that - just the upset stomach feeling and the dizziness. And some of that could be because I mowed the grass yesterday in the sun - I might have gotten too much sun.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  8:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel better everyone!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  8:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too much Sun. They say it is brighter now also.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  11:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car is home, after six weeks. We will see if they really fixed it this time. They say they did. I paid zero $ today.

And no sooner did I get home with it, than the rain began to fall. That was 30 minutes ago and it continues to come down. Yea!!!

I am hoping to have a nap. Last night I was awake more than asleep.
Have a wonderful afternoon.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  3:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Please send the rain this way!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  4:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was nice. It is so scattered. I hope you get some.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  5:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I sure hope you get the sleep you need and that your car won't have anymore problems.
Hope you have the rain you need.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Sep 14 2016 5:58:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  6:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene, that is a cute photo. Yes, I hope my car is good. I told them I did not want to come and get it because I am afraid of it. They reassured me that it is good. They explained that the reason for it starting and dying, the dash not lighting up, the horn honking randomly, the power steering issue were all Because of a bad negative battery cable. Sadly, their mechanic, three years ago may have caused these problems. At least they did not charge me the $500 this mess cost. So after six weeks, I have my own vehicle again. I sure hope it is good and safe now.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  6:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had been telling my husband it was electrical... Six weeks ago when I took it in I said, "Please check the electrical because the battery is acting crazy." Guess what...They put a new battery in and called it good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you really have to keep on top of those mechanics. Especially if they think you don't know anything about cars.

I hope it is right now for you.
Have a good evening.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  7:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You too Darlene and enjoy your tomorrow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2016 :  8:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you I will.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  07:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Ladies,

Decisions, decisions. Thank you for the input on the mop Ladies. It gives me something to think about. Especially, since it's been quite a few years since I bought a mop. Got extra foam pads for the one I have so it would last a very long time. My DH says we should get a mop like the one he used in the Navy. Ha, Ha, wouldn't that be enjoyable. Sure with the long strings to catch all the black dog hair he said. Wouldn't that be fun. NOT! Lol.

Sorry to hear about the dizziness some of you have. My heart goes out to you. Hope it can be worked out.

Glad you have your car back Marilyn. We are at the mercy of mechanics these days. Hard to find a trustworthy one.

Darlene you do post the cutest pictures. Thanks for making us all smile quite often.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  07:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Already over 80 degrees here. :-((

Yesterday got my Merit Badge emails from MJF - I received 6 certificates: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced certificates for both the Quilting and the UFO badges. YEE HAW!!! I have now gotten 14 merit badges. Sometimes makes me feel like a Girl Scout again. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 16 2016 07:50:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  11:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Linda!

Hi Brenda, glad to make you and everyone smile, sure makes my day.

blessings.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  11:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations girl scout/farm girl. You worked hard and deserve those badges.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  1:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I write up and send in for the badges for crafts/things I do. I am working on the knitting, crochet, and cross stitch badges now, but they will take a while yet. I knit and crochet and have some cross stitch projects that need finishing, so I figured why not. LOL! Feels strange sometimes - a 69 year old gal working on merit badges.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 16 2016 1:39:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2016 :  1:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is wonderful Linda!!!! So happy for you! After we move I'll be putting in for more... unless I get my act together before then, lol. Congratulations <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page