True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  4:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay ladies!

It is spring time and I need to lose 25lbs by October! Doug and I have a tentative wedding date of October 6th and I want to be happy with my wedding pictures.

A friend of mine and I are going to start walking on Monday, and I am already back into my pre-pregnancy jeans.

Wish me luck and if you would like, feel free to join in with me to get healthy this spring!

Alee

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  4:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on already being into your pre-pregnancy jeans--that is quite an accomplishment only two months post baby!
Don't discount breastfeeding in how much weight you will continue to lose, but be careful about how much you exercise because it can change how your milk tastes. I'd check with La Leche League about breast feeding and nutrition and losing weight... there is a book they recommend about this very topic, but I can't remember the title. It is mentioned on their website though, and I found it at our library.

Congratulations, too, on the upcoming wedding! I just found a company that has wildflower seeds in paper; either you can purchase already cut favors in various shapes, or form your own. http://www.botanicalpaperworks.com/ I think this would be a lovely way for guests/friends/family to remember an event.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  4:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Alee that your jeans fit already!! My daughter had about that much to lose too. She went to weight watchers. They have a program for nursing moms. She lost the weight and her baby did great! She looked sooo good that she got pregnant AGAIN on our trip to Hawaii 15 months later! Hee Hee! Best of Luck! I love walking!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  9:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe that Nora is a month old already! Wow! Breastfeeding is definitely helping- me being home to bake cookies is not!

Today I got out and mowed the lawn. It felt great to be doing a physical activity so I am looking forward to doing more :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  05:03:14 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Alee, one day at a time, remember a pound a week is 52 pounds a year. Summer is the best time to trim off a few pounds I know you will be able to do it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  11:43:50 AM  Show Profile
Alright, Alee! I'm with you! I, too have 25 to lose, and am starting back with the South Beach Diet on Monday. I have done it before and it works really great for me, cause I love salads for lunch and lots of veggies for dinner. I just made a batch of roasted vegetables and have some chicken breasts in the oven now, ready to be cut up, put in portions and frozen. I will make a huge salad in my big Tupperware bowl to last the week later on today. I have just gotten lazy, no other excuses, and committing to my health is necessary, since diabetes runs in my family. Also, I told myself that if I don't fit in some of my summer clothes by June (and I'm pushing that to June 30) then I will have to put them in the Goodwill pile...and I don't want to do that. So I'll be with you in spirit! I walk my dogs every day and I go swimming 3 times a week, so with the attention to my diet, I am very hopeful. Good Luck, FarmGirl! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  2:23:57 PM  Show Profile
I'll join in too! The doctor told me my cholesterol is WAY too high, a problem I didn't have 25+ lbs ago.

I had lost (and kept off) a lot of weight on low carb but my bad junk-food habits crept back. So, I'm going back to eating whole grains, fruits, veggies and proteins.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  8:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- then here we go :)

I am 5'0 and my last weight at the doctor's office was 157. I will check was it is tomorrow and do a weigh in on every Monday. :)
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm with y'all - I have baby weight to let go of as well. I'll do a weigh-in and "how I am feeling" check in with you on Mondays too - so here goes!

I'm 5'4" tall - this morning's weight is 135. Before baby, I weighed 110 and felt really strong and good. Right now, I feel sort of bloated and sluggish. I'm not really setting a weight goal, but more of a "feeling good" goal. My cholesterol was a bit high when it was tested about 6 months ago, and I know I can help that, too. So...HERE'S TO OUR SUCCESS AND OUR COLLECTIVE HEALTH AND FEELING GOOD IN OUR BODIES AND SOULS!!!!! Onward and upward!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  07:36:00 AM  Show Profile
this is great ladies!! I need to lose 20lbs I am 175lbs and this is the most I've ever weighed. I feel like Iam too big for my own skin. should we "weigh" in once aweek and share any tips/recipes that have helped us?

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  08:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls :) I'm trying to lose "a few" (yeah right) extra pounds too and am having such a hard time staying motivated even though it's really important to me. I've resorted to joining weight watchers at work because I think the weekly weigh ins might make me feel more accountable. I think having a boyfriend who eats like a horse and never gains a pound makes it a lot harder too. We eat very healthy foods, but I need to work on eating smaller portions and healthier snacks. Right now my favorite dessert is a little milk blended with a lot of ice (have to have a really good blender) with something extra thrown in like fruit, jam, honey, nuts or a little peanut butter. It's like instant homemade ice cream but a lot lighter!

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  6:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies-

Last night Nora was really upset and would not settle down, so this morning after Nora went back to sleep so did I! Normally I get up the first time she wakes up. Anyway, since I was in such dire need of sleep, my fiance took our car to work so I did not go weigh myself today.

Today I feel pretty good. And dinner is going to be healthy and maybe only fruit for dessert.

Hope you all had a wonderful Monday so far! This is going to be much easier to stay motivated for me with all of you ladies!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  7:32:15 PM  Show Profile
I have lost 100 lbs. (I still need to lose at least 25). And I used a lot of recipes from Healthyexchanges.com I love her pies the best! :)
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  7:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Good luck on losing the inches by October. I had to lose 60 pounds after my first son was born. I had preeclampsia during that pregnancy, so half of it was water weight. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight after each of my 3 boys. It took a lot of hard work, but it was well worth it. I've found that maintenance is harder then losing the weight though. I think it's best to make a lifestyle change rather then go on a diet. Eat healthy, exercise regularly, and walk, walk, walk! No matter what, you'll be a beautiful bride!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  09:59:55 AM  Show Profile
WOW!!! magnoliawhisper, good for you losing 100lbs!!! I too feel better knowing that you girls are out there and we are doing this together!!today instead of having a big greasy breakfast with my husband (my husband loves them and after working hard in the morning on the farm, that is usually what I make) I had a wrap chocked full of veggies. It was very good and very filling. Mind over matter!!! thanks girls!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  6:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather-

You are amazing! Congrats on losing the 100lbs! You are such an inspiration!

Melanie- Changing out eating habits and enjoying the new way of eating is definitely a key part of losing weight! It sounds like you had a great breakfast! Did you husband eat the same or did he have the really heavy breakfast?

That’s one thing I worry about- my fiance's health. I really want him to get healthy as well but sometimes it is hard to convince him to get up and exercise. But I won a victory- I didn't buy any pop at the grocery store so he hasn't had any soda at home for about 2 weeks :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  9:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Okay, if we're going for true confessions, I am 5'7" and was 179 at the gym on Monday morning. I decided to weigh on Mondays, and only once a week. Second day of South Beach was a bit harder, I think cause of no sugar, white flour or as much caffeine as usual. I have to have a cup of tea in the morning. And today I had a cup in the afternoon...but I am happy to be with my FarmGirl friends in spirit and am cheering you/us on! Judy

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  12:09:48 PM  Show Profile
Alee
Good for you on not buying any pop. I find if it's in the house, I'll drink it. Same with chips, if they're in the house, I'll eat them. Hubby ate the heavy breakfast. The hard part about that is we do make our own bacon to sell to people so it's always in the house. One step at a time I guess.

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
Are you currently doing the South Beach diet? If so, how do you find it?

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  2:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck babies!!

I'd SOOOOOO like to say yes.. count me in.. but i'd just be a Great BIG FAT LIAR!! I'll be a Really good Cheerleader though!!!
ok.. in my Welcome Wagon thing is mention i had been sick..
What a pain huh? i have degenerative Disk Disease..
What fun this is! Not to mention just a very wee bit painful..!
so.. this put a screeching halt to a Whole lot of activty for me when the disk in you spine start rupturing & bulging & disipating..
ok.. i'l spare you the great details.. ANYWAY..
Sit ups.. working out.. excercise .. so very limited..
HOWEVER!! An upside.. yes.. i had one.. one of My meds actually
made so many thing i put in my mouth taste horribly foul!!
which initially ircked me to now end.. BUT then i realized..
hey.. LESS going in.. AND.. i can't dring anything carbonated..
AT ALL.. & i was SUCH a Coke a Cola junkie!,, so.. it's sweet Tea for me now Girls!! just switching the drink alone i lost 20 lbs in one year.. THAT is something to consider if your Soda Pop Drinkers!
So..thats my Cheering contribution..NO Carbonated drinks!! Go Team!

& no pitting about the back thing.. I'm not a big baby.. i'm fine..
Just a bit pissier from it all..

Love ya lots,
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  7:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

Good news! I had an appointment today and got on the scale-

So....
one month after baby and I am down to 153! :) Yay! Only 23 pounds left to lose. Actually if I lose less or more that is fine too- just as long as I get back to feeling healthy again, but my "feeling healthy" weight was close to 130 so I am okay with shooting for a goal! ;)

And Nora is weighing in at 7lbs 1 ounce! She is a growing girl!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  08:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Hooray Alee!! Good for you!! I have to say ladies that I fell off the good eating band wagon last night. Yesterday started out well for breakfast, toast with PB and some fruit. Lunch was a big veggie with avacado sandwich and a salad....but last night...WOW!! I went to a food show and ate and ate....then went to a meeting where appy's were passed around and ate some more. Back to sensible eating today!!

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  10:37:17 AM  Show Profile
mellaisbella,
Yes, I am on the South Beach diet. I read up on it before I did it about 4 years ago and found that I could live within the meal plans. I don't follow the meal plans exactly as they are in the book, but I eat the same food groups. For years, I have made a week's worth of salad and it keeps in the big (15" diameter?) Tupperware bowl. I don't put "wet" veges like cucumber or tomato in it, but lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, pepper, onion, whatever else sounds good and is in season. I add the tomato and cuke the day I pack it to work. So, basically for the SB diet, you get protein and veges for the first two weeks. Dessert is ricotta cheese that you can "foof up" with Splenda (I use Stevia) and vanilla flavoring and you can even add some grated chocolate, or lemon or lime zest. This is surprisingly good and gratifying when you need some dessert. Also sugar free jello (and I am going to order come chill-over powder and see what I can do with that). Breakfast is some version of eggs, you can also have Canadian bacon or turkey bacon (and you have to find the best turkey bacon...some brands are like cardboard, but some are good), vegetables and tomato juice. I cheat and have a cup of tea at breakfast, even though caffeine is a no-no. Lunch for me is salad with some protein. I cook in advance and freeze. So I bake 6 chicken breasts, then chop them up and freeze in baggies in individual portions. I will also get a small roast beef and cook it and freeze it. And turkey ham - slice it and bag it and freeze. Then I have a selection of cooked meat. I have also done turkey meat balls. I also make a big batch of the roast vegetables (in the book) and freeze them. Then I keep frozen vegetables to add to dinner. For breakfast they say to make these "crustless quiche" in aluminum muffin cups, but I make it in a lasagna pan and cut it in squares...easier for me. Then I freeze those and pop one out for breakfast when I don't have time to cook. Dinner I have some lean meat or fish, usually one portion of roast vegetables and another frozen veggie. I have a BIG salad for lunch, so I don't figure I need more salad at dinner. You also get your snacks, morning, afternoona and after dinner. The cheese sticks are the best - you can carry them anywhere with you and they take the edge off so you don't get too hungry. Also you can have hummus and veges which I love. So, for me, it is really do-able. You are supposed to stay on this strict version for 2 weeks and then in Stage 2 you can add in fruits and other things and then in Stage 3 it is maintenance and you get more, and bread and such. But I suggest looking at the book. It is really working for me.
And, I DO cheat, with the tea and then I have a glass of wine with dinner. I will say, it is easy to eat out on this diet too, cause you can always get a chicken Caesar salad or such, and if you go for a dinner meal, you can just ask them to hold the potato and bread and get your salad and vegetable and meat.
Anyhow, probably TMI, but I think you just need to find what works for you. Also, like I said, diabetes runs in my family and I would like to avoid it, at all costs. (Plus there's my summer clothes I don't want to give away!) Good luck! Judy

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  5:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Judy-

I think you will be pleased with the Chill-Over powder. It is pretty cheap per serving and much more versatile than Jell-O. You can make it any flavor that you want and control the sweetness. Plus it doesn't get that nasty "skin" that Jell-O seems to get pretty easily. I am a total convert!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  09:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Judy. Can you come to my house and prepare all of my meals :)!! I'll check out my library and see if they have the book. All of the food that you were mentioning is stuff that I like. I love salads and the crustless quiche would be good. Thanks again!!

Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  8:00:39 PM  Show Profile
I went to my first WW meeting this week, which is so weird to me because I never saw myself as a support group type of girl. I like it though because it does take some sacrifices to turn things around if you've gotten off track as I have, and it helps to hear what other people are trying so you know you're not doing it alone. I'm doing the whole "points" thing although I'm not too happy about it. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune if it actually starts to work ;)

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic 25lbs to lose Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page