Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Michigan Land Update-Sold/Not Sold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Michigan Land Update-Sold/Not Sold Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  05:57:36 AM  Show Profile
It has been such a busy year with all the packing and planning. Not that I am done packing or planning, but in my heart I am ready to move and start working on our new dream place in NC. We have been planning this move for well over 5 years now and the home sale is the final piece and the one we just have to be patient about (I’m not the most patient person when it comes to such things).

This is a lovely place and area and we have enjoyed living here, but it is time for a new dream.
The weather here in southwest Michigan should be breaking soon, it started to, but then a blast of cold/snow came in last week and hasn’t totally lifted yet.

I’m hoping someone will see this place when the fruit and flowering trees bloom and want to make it their own and I hope that all happens very soon.

Ellen

Edited by - Lavender Cottage on Jun 25 2007 07:02:04 AM

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  2:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Good luck, Ellen. I bet the right person for your place is out there right now, just 'waiting for the weather to break' so they can get out and start looking! They'll find you. :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  5:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck Ellen

My realtor said that spring is the best time to sell a house so hopefully you will find a buyer soon.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  05:01:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks gals-I am feeling that way too-that as soon as the weather breaks (which should be any day now) the new owners will find it.
What an emotional rollercoaster though. Yesterday was not a good day-but today I'm more hopeful and your support helps so much!
I did notice someone doing a driveby and looksee last night! :)
For now, I'll keep packing and preparing-I should be able to get working in the gardens soon so that will help the curb appeal.
Have a great day and I'll post again soon.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  05:20:46 AM  Show Profile
oh Ellen, that person will come rel soon & it will be the right person. I wish you all the best & please keep us updated.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  05:29:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Michele! :) I will!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  11:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Thought I'd post an update-no sale yet, but lots of "lookers". Eleven showings so far since January.
We did have an offer, but it was way too low. :(
We have a showing tonight-we just mowed the lawn last night and everything looks beautiful-green grass, flowering trees, best of all my lilacs are still in bloom and one is at the front entrance-talk about a welcoming aroma. Hopefully, I'll have time to snip a few and put a vase on the table. I did that for the last showing and it just makes the house look so homey.
Meanwhile, we're still packing-I have several empty spaces now where smaller things were.
Junebug-Sue are you out there-did you get your home on the market and how's it going? Anyone else want to share!
Ellen with one foot in NC! :)
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  05:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone-I'm so excited-the Michigan land and home have sold. Now to get into MOVE mode! Good thing I've been packing, but still much to do-need to be moved by mid-July-we can do it. Thanks for all your support-you gals are the greatest! :)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  06:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Doing the happy dance for you, Ellen! :D Yippee!!!!!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  06:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes Janice-the happy dance-let's do the happy dance! :)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  06:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Do you already have your place in NC? I am VERY excited for you!

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  06:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks-yes-we have 7 acres in NC about 30 minutes from the ocean. We just had our second small pond dug last week-we have a great pond/excavating guy-very reasonable. We have a nice blue clay that makes the ponds a natural blueish green. We love water, but the ponds are also to help with drainage/water issues. We have a beautiful home there (modular) and have stayed in it our last few trips-I absolutely love it. Started my first flower garden and transplanted some of my plants from Michigan-also have tons of flowers growing there that I have no idea what they are. It is mostly woods and cleared only around the house and ponds. I will get a veggie garden started hopefully right after we move. We have family in the area which we do not have here so I am looking forward to that too. We have been away from family for far too long! I have always wanted to live near the ocean and it feels more like home there than any place I've ever been-my heart skips just thinking on it. We have enjoyed our time here, but I am so ready for this! :)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  07:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Bliss! It sounds like heaven! :) Please post lots of photos when you settle down.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  6:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ellen-

Your new place sounds wonderful! Congrats!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  10:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Ellen -- how exciting! Your new home sounds wonderful.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  9:52:21 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  06:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks gals-I'm trying to get everything packed up and also get my list in order of what needs done when as far as stopping services-we don't have an exact closing date yet. It has been 17 years since our last move. EEEH! I am so glad to already have our place in NC ready. I feel so very lucky! :)
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:09:21 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! Enjoy your new place

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:32:13 AM  Show Profile
So, I thought I would share a little more about my plans for NC. I want to get my little garden shop-Lavender Cottage going. Not sure how this will all play out, but I see myself taking a part-time job there while I get my herbs growing and a little rustic looking shop set up. I see it as a herb shop with fresh veggies and maybe some dishes and pots for sale(have I ever said how much I love dishes-yeah that's why it's taking me so long to pack)! :) Also, I want it to have a reading room/nothing big-just a cozy spot where you can sit and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and browse a book. And, I think I'll loan out my garden books. How does that sound? How long should I plan for it to be profitable? Any ideas/advice would be fun to hear!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  10:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ellen-

Ooo- Can you move to Moscow, ID instead?! I would absolutly _adore_ your shop! It sounds beautiful already! I can see you selling plants in baskets that were "fussed up" a bit. My mom did some like that a while ago that had moss and such glued in stratigic places all over the basket and raffia ribbons and such. Really beautiful and then you just plunk a plant in! Instant hit! You could also sell gardeny wall plaques with cute saying on them. I really like the weathered look with creamy paints and then crackled.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  10:26:40 AM  Show Profile
Alee-LOL-sorry, but we have our plans set for NC. :) I love your ideas-baskets, I hadn't thought of baskets-and I love baskets and I am always collecting ribbons and such. And, wall signs-if I could collect some weathered wood and paint up some signs and weather them. Great ideas-thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and Ellen, you must have botanical print gardening aprons!!!! You could embellish garden gloves with fabric scraps from the aprons and sell them as a set AND make a garden hat from the same fabric to match!!!

I think your cottage shop sounds lovely. I would come!!! You are so blessed to be living your dream....well in the very near, real future!!!!

So glad your place sold. We are in the really early process of this whole thing too!!

Looking forward to lots of stories and photos!!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:20:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks G! That is a great idea-the botanical apron and glove sets. Adding it to my list.

Good luck with your sale. :) Ours has a hit a bit of a snag, but hopefully will work out just fine.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  07:06:39 AM  Show Profile
Well-the sale fell through. The buyers backed out. :(
I'm believe everything happens for a reason and that all will work out just fine. It is summer and it is beautiful and things at the Michigan home have never looked better. I'm going to try to relax and enjoy my days here though my heart so longs to be in NC.
Thankfully, I still have my job and all and all things are going well!
Just wanted to share and give a quick update.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ellen, I am so sorry to hear the buyers backed out. I am sure more will come along! You have such a good attitude about it! I would be stressing out like crazy! *hugs*

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:09:20 AM  Show Profile
Well Alee-I am stressed and upset, but trying to move past it. I actually found out last week, but it took me this long to write about it.
Thanks for the hugs-they are much appreciated!
The contract with the current realtor is up next week so we are trying to decide what to do next.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Michigan Land Update-Sold/Not Sold Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page