Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Calling all SantaBarbara & Ventura Farmgals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Calling all SantaBarbara & Ventura Farmgals Next Topic
Page: of 3

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  1:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Calling all Santa Barbara & Ventura Co. Farm Girls for lunch....
This includes other farm chicks who don't mind driving a bit, to meet up for lunch and some antique & 2nd hand store shopping on California & Main Street in the city of Ventura, Calif.
Anyone out there interested?
Let me know & I will coordinate a get together.
Once I hear from a hand full of ladies I will ask what dates are/are not good & go from there to accommodate all of us.
tata-4-now
grace

>^..^<

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  4:42:18 PM  Show Profile
I love Downtown Ventura!!!!! That would be sooo fun! Count me in! Any days except probably a Tuesday would be fine Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  6:07:23 PM  Show Profile

Waaahhhhh. I got my 1887 dated and signed crazy quilt in an antique store on the north end of Ventura about 27 years ago, for $75. Loved to hit those stores on my way to Santa Barbara from 1000 Oaks each week. Have fun!!!! Ronna
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  9:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Mima, glad you would like to join us, (3 so far)
As soon as I can get a few more gals together I will run some dates by you all to see what is doable...

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  9:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, wow! it's been 27years since you have been out here....
I remember "Groucho Marx" old T.V. (reruns of course!) when he greeted a tall good ol feller from T.Oaks...Groucho asked him where he was from and the man said, "Thousand Oaks, lessen they cut one down"...to funny...just a little 1000 Oaks humor there...
Ya know, NV isn't all that far, you could still join up with us... >^..^<
tata-4-now
grace

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  4:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up!!!!!!!!
Amanda
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  09:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, in Moorpark, R-U still around?
if so, wanna join us?

tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  12:14:14 AM  Show Profile
Mima, Ronna, & Amanda,
haven't forgotten you.....my house is getting tented/fumigated tomorrow & I, DH & 4 fur babies will be living in our motorhoom for the next 3 days....I will be computerless but am bringing some crocheting to catch up on.
I am thinking maybe we can all meet around mid May in Ventura.
I will touch base with you all the first week to see what day works well for all of us.
So till then,
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  06:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Katmom! I never ever do anything crazy like this but, May 16- 19th I'm flying to Las Vegas with 3 of my best friends from high school.(Burbank High class of 76!!!) We usually camp with our families every year at Refugio or El Capitan, but we decided on a girl's weekend this time. Considering I don't really drink or gamble, I'm sure it will be a lay by the pool gabfest! Oh! We may even take in a show, I would love to see the Cirque de Soleil! Other than that, the rest of May would be fine! (Oh! except the 1st and 2nd- I'm watching my neighbor's son overnight.)BUT then! The rest of May should be okay!Thank you for organizing this!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Cool! hope you have a ton of fun....check out the "Brighton" handbag store in the Hotel with the Condolas (The Vanecian- sp?)....it's like a whole underground city for shopping....'course most of those places have tons of shopping. I guess they figure on people like us who arent drinkers or gamblers,,,they have to get us to part with our hard earned $$$ some how! so shopping & eating fits the bill...LOL!
I'll wait to hear back form the other gals &then pick a date that works for all of us.
Well gotta get outta the house, fumagators should be here an time now.
tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  7:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello Grace!

Let me know what date is decided on and I will try to make it! My parents live in Santa Barbara so I can make a whole weekend out of it!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

P.S. I LoVe Brighton to!

A House Is A Home Where Love Dwells
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  9:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh!that would be fun if you could!
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile
hey everyone. I'm excited to meet everyone and put faces with the names. Any Sunday works best for me. I have 2 jobs and that's really the only day that I don't work. Just let me know the date and I'll be there.
Grace, I hope your fumigation went well and you're back in your house.
MaryJane, it would be great if you could meet up with us too!
Amanda
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  4:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone going to the May Madness sale at the Music Academy (SB)on the 5th?

theheadlettuce.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  5:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Wish I could attend but got some last minute finishing to be able to put the house on the market by Monday 5/7.... : > (

How does a SUNDAY work for all of you" We can meet up in Ventura for an afternoon of eating, thrift shop shopping, farm gal gabbing, eating, walking & talking, & more eating?LOL!
My thoughts are maybe Sunday, May 27th? it's the Sunday after Mothers day & before Memorial Day.
Let me know if that works for you ladies,,, Hopefully we can pull it off & all meet on California & Main street.
We can park on the Hill where Poli & Main street intersect. For those of you who are not familiar with Poli street. That is the Ventura County Court House that was bought & shipped block by block from Texas.
Contact my by email via MJF if ya have any suggestions or ideas or need directions.
So let's get this pary going....
tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  5:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good! It'll be just before the Solstice madness REALLY kicks in. Actually, they're doing the frame for my small/medium tropical shack (float) next week, so we'll be waaaaaaaay ahead of schedule :-)
My only "issue" is that due to a medical condition I can't eat Italian or Japanese or Chinese, so if we could pick a restaurant that has a wide variety of food it would be really helpful :-)
No fun shopping when you're hungry and cranky.
I'm looking forward to it!
Amanda

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  06:48:54 AM  Show Profile
The 27th would be really great!I think theres a natural food restaurant right there thats really good and a fifties style diner!(Can't remember any names of corse!) I always park up by the courtouse and just walk down too!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  06:54:45 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like SOOOooooo much fun - a bunch of farmgirls getting together is ALWAYS a good time!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  11:32:13 AM  Show Profile
The Natural restaurant sounds like it might do the trick.
Mima, I think the restaurant you're thinking of might be the "Busy Bee". I went there years ago, and you're right it's a 50's diner-style...now, however I'd just have to look in the window...WAAAAAAAH!...and dance on the sidewalk (since they always have really good music playing).
Well, I feel like a dork, and a lazy one at that...I always park in the spaces in the same block as the 2 thrift stores. And to make matters worse....I have had to drive around in circles waiting for something to open up :-]
If anyone from SB is coming maybe we could carpool...
Amanda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  3:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so we are now 3 for Sun., 5/27
Any other ladies wanna come out & play?
M.J., you can bring your mom too if she would like to join in on the fun.
Hey Jennifer in Moorpark, where are you?
Libby, wish you could join us, : < (
I'll post the set plans come Friday 5/4, this will give a few more ladies a chance to join in.
Yes, the Busy Bee Cafe is cute, 50's retro and a fun sandwich/burger joint. There are all kinds of fun place to eat, a little something for everyone. And a bunch of coffee cafe's too!
Wahoo,,,,,I can hardly wait.
tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  6:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Sundays are not good for me. But I will be thinking about you all day long! Have a blast in the vintage stores! Love downtown Ventura. FarmGirl Hugs, Maryjane Lee

"A House Is A Home Where Love Dwells"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  10:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Bummer M.J.,
We'll miss ya.... can I have your dessert??? LOL!
Email me the next time you are out my way, maybe we can do the lunch thing. We can compare fish & farmgirl stories. : > )

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  07:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Kreativeblonde! I could probably pick you up, I live in Orcutt and I'll be driving right past Summerland!

Katmom, I was in Camarillo for my grandaughter's bday over the weekend and we took the kids to the neatest park and library in Thousand Oaks. Have you been there? There's a creek and everything!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  08:59:35 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it is a really nice park. In fact the City of Thousand Oaks is getting ready to have it's Annual "Conejo Valley Days" celebration. There will be a Chili cook off, parade, & carnaval in the coming week end.
I use to live in Thousand Oaks but DH & I moved over the hill (7 mile) to our current home of 10 years.
As much as I like living in Moorpark, we are still excited about moving to Washington. Moorpark, like so many former agricultural communities, is/are getting bulldozed over & high end tract homes are being built. : > (
I look forward to our get together in May,,,,bring on the food & shopping!!!!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  3:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls,
I was just looking at the calender & realized that the weekend I suggested for our get-together, May 27th is actually the Memorial Day weekend.....
So you you rather I figuer out a different date, one that does not conflict with a Holiday? I don't want anyone to have to deal with hiddeous traffic that Sunday.
Let me know what yo would like to do.
I want this to be fun for all of us.
tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  10:17:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm good either way. The only problem I may run into is that sunday is the only full day I have to work on my float and costume, but we are running ahead of schedule, so it shouldn't be a problem getting away.
Is it possible to make it earlier than 1pm? that may help with the traffic situation. Just an idea.
Amanda

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
Mae West
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Calling all SantaBarbara & Ventura Farmgals Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page