Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Swap Updated Again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Swap Updated Again Next Topic
Page: of 5

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I am exactly 5'6" so it should work out fine. Can't wait! I'll be watching my maibox and I'll let you know as soon as I have it.

Thanks for swapping!

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile
It's here! It's Here, & I am giddy with joy.... Thank you so very much herbalmomma.
I have the most wonderful apron that was re-purposed from vintage lace & fabric, lined no less!
I also received 2 lovely scented homemade soaps, salve & Lavender-spermint tea.
I will post pictures on my newly created blogspot in a day or so when it is totally up & running.
Maybe today, if I can get my act together,but first I have to go make myself a pot of lavender-spermint tea & relax & peek through some outdated Victoria magazines....
tat-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  3:21:27 PM  Show Profile
To All,
Katmom is wonderful. I just got her package with a beautiful pink apron, oh I love it!
Matching sachets, garden gloves (needed, I just wore out a pair), marigold seeds and a great wooden spoon and Chantilly Lace cologne.
How did she know? I feel very pampered!!!
Thanks alot, Grace!!!!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  3:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Opps forgot to tell you that Katmom also sent a "Herbal" kitchen towel for the herbalist.
This women is AMAZING!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Awe pashaw.....
Now here is your chance to see what the talented herbquilter aka herbalmomma sent me...
check it out!
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  4:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Just a note, for beginners like myself,,,, once in the blog, if ya click on the picture it brings it full size, which makes it easier & better to see the lovely goodies that herbquilter sent me.
tata-4-now
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  10:06:36 AM  Show Profile
I want to say a HUGE thank you to Bonnie (beemoosie) for the wonderful apron I received today. Bonnie, I can't believe that is your first apron. It is gorgeous.
I posted pictures on my blog if anyone wants to take a look.
That package made my day one for the books!! I love the notebook, too!

Thank you SO much.

Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  11:28:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh I loved seeing all the aprons. Thanks for sharing. Denise T. that fabric is so cute. Now I will have to hit Bonnie up to find out who makes that. I have mine made . I just need to iron it and get a few tuck ins.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  12:58:13 PM  Show Profile
Attention Suzyhomemaker pkg. has gone hope you like it! My partner was fantastic we swapped out two,and a sig. block life is great with farmgirlfriendships. Thanks again yours should be there by end of next week.I'll be waiting to hear that it is there safe and sound!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  3:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Denise I am so thrilled that you like your apron...and my gosh, lemon being your favorite flavor! God takes care of even the little details doesn't He?

Elizabeth, thank you so much for coordinating this swap. It was a lot of fun!!

I have been wearing my beautiful apron from Denise at work this week...I will take a picture once I'm back on my regular hours!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  4:02:32 PM  Show Profile
OH Bonnie,
Girlfriend give up the secret . Where did you find that wonderful fabric you made Denise's apron out of?
LOL
Hugs,
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  03:23:13 AM  Show Profile
I found that at Joanne's and it says made exclusively for Joannes fabric! The first time I saw it I new it was MADE for an apron! I was so glad it was still there when I went back!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  05:07:13 AM  Show Profile
I am glad it was still there too, Bonnie!
I can't wait till Saturday so I can wear it to our mother/daughter luncheon.
I am afraid I will mess it up before then so I have not worn it yet, but I did try it on. Where ever did you find that unique button?

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  1:04:33 PM  Show Profile
CLARE....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!You just made my day!!!! I will email you.

Just so everyone knows, I signed up for this swap too late. Clare is so awesome, she sent me an apron, even though I would not be able to send her one in return for a few more weeks. It is so beautiful and fits me perfectly and feels wonderful on. It even has a matching hairband. She also sent me a fabulous GBP cookbook that I do not have yet.

It has been a really tough six weeks for me, and this just really helps me out. Thank you so much...I love being a farmgirl with all of you.

Thanks, Jess
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  1:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it so awesome how something so simple as an apron swap can just touch us in so many ways?!!

I would love to see pictures of everyone's aprons if you can!!

I found the button at Joanne's too. I was looking for yellow or a lemon maybe. I found the card with two lemonaide pitchers and just about did a happy dance in the store. I shoulda now that I think about it! Woulda been fun!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  1:36:19 PM  Show Profile
My dig camera was just sent away to Sony to fix it, so as soon as it comes back, I will totally email you a pic. Those buttons sound just drinkable!!! :) Have a great weekend...jess
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  7:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Kathy,

I am finishing up your apron...I want it to be JUST so...then I realized I didnt even ask you your favorite color or anything...or if I did I have promptly forgotten with all that is going on. I WILL get it in the mail by the deadline. You have my word. Oh listen to me! Things happen but believe me I am going to do my best!!! Please let me know your favorite color and a little something about what you like, collect, - you know...let me see if I am on the right track!!! And if you havent been to my blog go check out my little contest...one more day to enter! Heck you may end up with TWO aprons!!!

I am really really enjoying sewing...it relaxes me and is my therapy!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  04:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
NEVERMIND!!! I am crazy these days you know! I found my notes...no color preference (whew!)- got it! Will post when it is in the mail!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  12:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Susan,

I am the Queen of procrastination and sending exchanges late (just ask Sunshine!) Please, please don't let this exchange be on your mind one little bit. You have waaaaayyy more on your plate right now than you need----you really don't need to think about an apron exchange right now! You just take care of the things that are really important in your life right now, and you can get me an apron any old time this summer, or fall, or maybe even a holiday apron! :)
Take care of yourself and your family....we send you big cyber-hugs! PS- if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even really gotten started on yours yet--I've got some ideas and a lot of fabric stash, but nothing's cut out yet!

Kathy

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  8:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Well, I got the apron for my partner done today. From start to finish actually since it is a nice day off. I made one that I loved and my friends all loved, and then my husband (who is a huge fan of my work all the time) said, "Oh, that is nice. It looks so Eastery!" Then...I was suddenly not happy with it anymore! LOL I think it did make me look like an oversized Easter Egg when I tried it on. So...off to the sewing machine again! I made another one that looks unlike any holiday that will come and go. This one will be fine for any day. I have been having fun looking at the pictures of the aprons some of you have posted.

Why do we often worry that what we do isn't going to measure up? I get that weird feeling that what I am giving sometimes is not as good as I will be receiving. I hope that is normal. I had a great time making the apron(s) and hope my partner will enjoy it too. My mom will get the purple one for Easter next year I think!

Good night all!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  06:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, ALWAYS when I do a swap where I'm making something I am afraid it won't be as good as someone else's. "GOOD" isn't even the right word, just amatuerish...ya know what I mean!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  07:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
But come on girls!!!FARMGIRLS!!! Listen up here - it is about the gift of your time and work. I promise my stitching doesnt match up to so many, but I make what I make from my heart, and that's all I can do. Many times we stand on a playing field that is uneven and we are unsure of our footing. But you still have to play! That's what life is all about. In my oh so not so humble opinion!

And Kathy I am SOOO happy to hear you havent started on mine! I have yours just about done...but dont feel bad I it happens to get to you before you send mine! I will be excited no matter when it arrives! I promise. I hope you dont hate pink!!!!
Much love to all of you. And my farmgirl words of wisdom for today: BE Confident!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I just wanted to say Happy Apron Day to all of you apron makers. Hope you wore your aprons with pride today. Yes, I must say I did wear my new one from Clare, all day long. You got loads of compliments Clare, you should be proud. Have a good night everyone!!! Jess
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Wore mine today while playing in my "Garden of Weedin' " LOL!
I just bought my newest apron it yesterday while out with my daughter for lunch/coffee & Godiva chocloates....ahhh! chocolate makes the day so delightful!
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi. I am so new to this site. How does one become a true blue farm girl? I have been making aprons on and off for years, starting when my daughters were little girls. I made matching Christmas aprons one year and many more through the years for gifts to family and friends. And now, wow, everybody loves them. I have been washing and drying fabrics from my stash and am getting ready to make about a dozen to have on hand just because I love them. I will trim some with rick rack, eyelet scalloped trim. lace, chrochet pockets,embroidery, on and on. Matching potholders. Great wedding shower gifts. I am getting so carried away. Sunday aprons, clothespin aprons, aprons,aprons,more aprons. U can see I have it bad. As in good. I am so happy to have discovered all of you wonderful women. God Bless. Tracy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Swap Updated Again Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page