Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Displaying tea towels???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Displaying tea towels??? Next Topic  

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  06:21:25 AM  Show Profile
I just completed an embroidered tea towel and want to use it to decorate the kitchen or bathroom. Does anyone have any ideas? Would you hang it, frame it, or something else?

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  06:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
I usually hang them. If for display then I hang them somewhere that is not close to the towels I normally use. Avoids someone getting them all grungy in my house.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:11:30 AM  Show Profile
I use my tea towels so there is always one hanging in the kitchen. I have to admit that there are ones I hate to use but who is going to want them when I am gone anyway. It is kind of like saving the "good" china, enjoy it.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:47:14 AM  Show Profile
I have a basket in the kitchen for any that are the kitchen type, they can be seen, especially if you drape a few over the sides.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  09:02:29 AM  Show Profile
We moved last year and the kitchen windows at the old house were smaller then the ones at the new house. So when I hung my kitchen curtains I hung one in the middle between the 2 panels to take up the gap. Worked great! Took care of my curtain dilema and shows off my towels!

I also have a towel holder that my dh blacksmithed for me.It's kind of like the one in MJ stitching book but mine is iron with 3 swinging rods to hang towels on. On it hang the "no touchem' towels"! I make sure there are plenty of other towels around so no one is tempted to use the nice towels. Cause from the looks of my other towels apparently just because you wash your hands doesn't mean they are always clean!

Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  6:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Mom started me out with my tea towels. I have a few as I have been sewing here and there to get my collection up in the respectable numbers..heehee..I have almost two of everyone so far so I keep one for "specials" like in displayed, baskets, on surface tops (kinda like doilies), and the match is used for everyday. I just keep using special stain-getter-outers on those. Mostly, my daughter runs around with them though. They are so soft she thinks they are little blankies. ;) Hugs!

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Displaying tea towels??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page