Page: of 2

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  4:28:36 PM  Show Profile
If a female, alone, on her own remote property, is approached in what is perceived as a threatening manner, and she pulls out a gun and gives fair warning...I see no humor in it. And, Emily, you are right. Guns are serious business and carrying one carries a huge responsibility with it.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  5:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is amazing how different states perceive gun laws. Growing up in Wyoming you expected all the farmers and ranchers to carry guns. Here's a fun gun story-

I was driving late at night (2ish in the morning) back from cleaning an office building. I had two of my friends from the dorms with me; it was my first year of college. About 12 miles outside of town, my dad's GMC Jimmy which I was loaning while my car was being repaired, just died! I was out of gas because his display didn't work and I wasn't used to how much gas the Jimmy used up. It was the middle of February and close to freezing outside. Us girls were in pajama like clothing- I was wearing slippers and one of my friends was wearing sandals.

Well we couldn't stay in the car all night and we didn't know when the next car would pass by. None of us had a working Cell phone on us, so we got out a hoofed it back to the closest farm. (about 3 miles away). We were greeted with a barking border collie and we had to ring the door bell and pound on the door for what seemed like forever to wake up the farmer. He came running down their stairs with a shot gun in his hand. Luckily he turned out to be a very nice person and gave us a lift back to the car and gave us enough gas to get back to town.

I am not sure how much trouble a land owner would get into in Wyoming for defending their property with a gun- as long as no one was actually shot. I wouldn't say for sure that they wouldn't get in trouble, but I know the law takes a dim view of trespassers too.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

At home with Mama
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Erica
Jacksonville FL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:04:23 AM  Show Profile
sorry don't have any better suggestions, but I do have a funny story along the lines..
my friend kept having trash bags dumped on her lawn, so one day when she happened to look out the window she caught them in the act. They actually parked their car less than a block away to go into a store and she took the opportunity to grab her duct tape and proceeded to tape their garbage to their car!

www.at-home-with-mama.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  10:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I bet they didn't like that! It amazes me how disrespectful people can get towards other's lands. I am glad, that the disrespectful ones seem to be the minority though.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile
I like that one...gets the point across, doesn't it? :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Ideas needed to stop dumping Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page