mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile
I just found this topic and found it interesting. I get up early in the morning and have my morning routine down pat. I apply a moisturizer, blush, mascara, and lip gloss and I'm good to go. I think I got in this habit years ago. I don't like a lot of makeup but I need a little to spruce me up. It just makes me feel good. Susan
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  7:14:33 PM  Show Profile
I've washed my face with rice bran for about 25 years...I like ingredient lists that are short and every word is one syllable:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  7:27:32 PM  Show Profile
How have I not found this post before? I have yet to read through all 4 pages....read all of 1 and then 4, but I thought I would add my two cents.

I use nag champa soap on my face and body and I use an alpha hydroxy lotion on my face in the summer and Ponds in the Winter because it so dry here. I put on a little foundation under my eyes and on my cheeks to even my skintone out, a little blush, powder, eyebrow pencil and mascara. My hair is usually down or partially pulled up.

Rob just recently, as a few other men folk of ours have seemed to, told me he likes when I don't wear make up. He says I look more like his wife and prettier.

Let's face it, we really only wear makeup for ourselves and other women...but who says we aren't allowed to be girlie and feel prettier about ourselves?

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  7:48:34 PM  Show Profile
You are so right, Tasha, and thank you for saying what I was thinking! I don't wear makeup for other people. It's for me. A few years back we had a house way back off the road. I planted lots of flowers and babied and weeded them and my husband asked me why I did all of this when no one saw them. My reply? I SEE THEM! Same with my face. Susan
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  04:30:19 AM  Show Profile
Some have asked me why I wash my hair and put makeup on every morning, is someone comming over are you going someplace? I tell them that if I new for sure that I was not going to be seeing anyone all day I would still wash my hair and put my makeup on. But my Grandma used to say you never know when the President or the Queen might stop by, so get yourself together and get the house in order, and she wanted this all done before nine in the morning, so as a result I have always been a morning person, with my makeup on and the house in order because Grandma had me believing that anything can happen and you better be ready. good ole grandma, I sure do miss her. Buy the way, she always wore a clean apron that she could whip off to show off a pretty house dress is need be.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  01:06:39 AM  Show Profile
My daily regime is nothing. Whatever soap is in the shower. I don't usually use a moisturizer because despite being ALMOST 33, I still have acne AND wrinkles. The injustice of it all!!

Anyway, I just ordered some Bare Minerals makeup. I do "dress up" about once a week when DH and I go out on our "date" but that's about it.

I get showered daily, my hair washed daily. I usually have my mommy hair on though. My too long bangs put in a barrette and my past shoulder length hair up in a pony tail/bun thingy or a clip.

My hair aggravates me incessantly but I won't cut it off!!

I do have some sun damage on my skin that bugs me, but so far I haven't found anything that doesn't make me an oil slick. I might try proactiv or maybe the bare minerals skin care line. I dunno.

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  03:36:35 AM  Show Profile
As probably all of our grandmothers have told us "beauty comes from within"......the REAL beauty, that is. (Hey, can you tell I just read the "listen to your elders thread"??!) You can be a real CoverGirl cutie but it is that warm twinkly glow that comes from the heart, that only gets better with age, that will always turn an admiring eye your way. Be that as it may, I ALWAYS shower/wash my hair daily, and don't feel really awake til I have; wash my face with olive oil soap, slap on a moisturizer with SPF, and a shot of perfume, and am good to go. My husband loves me like this. However, I prefer me with a little pencil liner and mascara, to make my face look a little more "alive".

I love the moist, soft rosy glow you get after washing your face, patting it dry and then applying honey right from the jar. Lie down for 20 minutes or so til alot of the honey has been absorbed. Rinse with warm water and use moisterizer if you want. Your cheeks will look like you applied blusher! And we all know that laughter is the best facelift, so yuck it up whenever possible. Nance
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  08:39:38 AM  Show Profile
I don't really feel like I can clean things unless I am clean....isn't that weird?

Kristina...I have the same oily issues and here is what I do: I STOPPED using things with animal fats in them. None of my soaps or body washes had any animal fats whatsoever. THAT ALONE made a huge difference. I also use for moisturizers neutrogena's alpha hydroxy face cream. I love it and my face has never been clearer. There is a little bit of drying to start, but only use a little bit of it when starting out with it. In the winter I add just a dab of my body moisturizer because I am more dry them. It's fabulous and I only break out a spot or two right before my cycle starts. And I know they say you shouldn't squeeze blemishes, but I do and then I put on some tea tree oil and it is gone the next day. I thankfull have never had a problem with scarring from blemishes either.

OOOOO! And sunblock! My moisturizer has sunblock in it. I am as white as a girl with dark olive skin can be because I definately do not bake myself in the sun like my mother did (she worshiped laying out covered in BABY OIL!! EGADS!!)

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Farmgirl Beauty Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page