Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Complete your UFO's in 2016!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic
Page: of 33

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  5:34:43 PM  Show Profile
ok Ladies I have been gone for a while... live just got kindna crazy there for a bit. But I am back and ready to tackle those projects... well first I am making a quilt for my 4 year old grand daughter then I am going to tackle those other half started/half finished projects.

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  8:00:59 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, "life is kinds crazy"? haha... mine is ALWAYS crazy! snork, giggle... welcome to the club! hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  05:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Justine -
If the mittens are wool you could shrink them a bit by washing them in hot water. Of course you could end up with a pair for a 4-yo. Lol

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  10:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Grace, received your package! What a kind and wonderful thing to do. I really needed that random act of kindness. My daughter is disabled and she and my grandson live in my aunts condo. Well, we were going to paint and noticed a leak spot on the ceiling. Then we discovered that the sky light that my aunt installed was broken and leaking (which the condo will not fix because it is an add on). Anyway, not to dwell. As soon as I can get some pictures I will post them here.

Again, Thank you Grace. really made my day.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  4:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Theresa... yep.. sometimes that darn dark cloud just hangs around a tad to long... but to borrow a verse from Annie... "The sun will come out tommorrow, come what may"...
Hugz and glad you got the goodies... I was just a bit frustrated with having paid for 2day Priorty shipping and the P.O. taking 7 days to get it to you... But at least it arrived...
farmgirl hugz.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  10:42:04 AM  Show Profile
OK Farmgirls, I finally have some UFOs that got completed! First are two pairs of wool socks I just finished making for myself. I have had the wool over several years but never got around to using it even though I really wanted to. They turned out perfect in size and comfort. The green/yellow/orange wool came from Norway and the spring color wool came from Germany.

My second UFO was ...ahem...15 years old!! LOL!! I purchased this jelly cabinet that was just bare wood but I never could figure out what color to paint etc. Then the other day I was looking through MaryJane's Milk Cow Kitchen and refund the milk paint section. Off I went to my local ACE Hardware store and found Amy Howards Chalk paints and chose School Charm red. After I painted it, I distressed the areas to make it look vintage. I love how it came out!!

Now on to more knitting projects as I was just gifted some lovely red yarn!! Hopefully I won't get too sidetracked!!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6912 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6912 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  10:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Well done Winnie. Love the colors of the socks. Your jelly cabinet came out beautiful - the chalk paint red is a great color.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  1:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Whew! I just completed 5 Baprons. 4 are 6-18 mos. The large one is 24 mos. to 3T. My reward is to work on my Valentine lap quilt. Next UFO is the casserole carrier and matching microwave bowl holders. They were supposed to be a gift for g-daughter's MIL. Oh, well.
I only went back a couple of pages:
Justine, I would love to make mittens. Your g-daughter's afghan is beautiful!
DL- Love those hats, all those Christmas Squares and chevron blanket. I remember the church purses. Cute.
CeeJay- I'm glad to see you made something for yourself!
Grace- When we get the house finished I'll need those swiffer covers. Lots of wood and tile floors.
Marie- What a great Hawaiian pillow cover! Now I know what to do with DH's old shirt.
Winnie-another thing to learn for my wish list. Socks! Yours are beautiful and fun yarn. Love that jelly cupboard!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  2:21:05 PM  Show Profile
So far I have finished one UFO that my DH has been bugging me to fix.

The hook bar on these pants had been sewn on and broken off so many times that the fabric had become weak. I attached a strip of wool cloth to the area

and sewed the anchor loop on with tight stitches so that they are unlikely to fray.

I wrapped the strip of wool up and over the waistband and sewed it down.

The fabric strip is not visible and the pants fly will stay shut.

These pants also had a rip just above the hem. I had to adjust the hem longer to DH's specifications.

To provide stability I put a strip of wool fabric on the back side. This will help it stay together better.

Judith - This technique works for all types of shirts. A few things to remember:

* take the pockets on the front off
* place the button band on the diagonal
* do leave the placket unsewn so that the pillow top may be taken off and washed.

I apologize for having so many pictures. I believe that mending is an art. With the disposable nature of all our clothing, too many do not take time to mend. I like to show the steps I go through and explain my thought process for others to use to mend their own clothing.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Jan 24 2016 2:24:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  5:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tips, Marie! I'll use those when I pull out that project. Your mending in ingenious. Not only is mending an art; but, I think it is also an engineering feat!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  6:11:26 PM  Show Profile
This may seem like a late start, but I really want to join! Since most of our family is in entertainment our December's are crazy to say the least. We had our family Christmas last weekend. It was wonderful!! Now I'm ready to get some UFO's completed!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  6:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
What kind of entertainment, Judy? Do you all work at DisneyWorld?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  05:51:08 AM  Show Profile
We all work at Universal. I work in costume, preparing costumes for the next day. My husband was shooting pyro at the Beetlejuice venue, however, that was just disconued. Now he's on camera at Fear Factor. Our oldest daughter is a coordinator and her husband is in management in events. Youngest daughter's husband was at Disney riding motorcycles for Lights Motor Action, however, he's a full time stunt man in GA. Middle daughter and son-in-law live in IL.

My first UFO is replacing buttons on Jon's coat.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  05:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! Sounds interesting and fun for all! Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  09:04:24 AM  Show Profile
Holy "milk" cow, Judy! What a fun career! And for the whole family! Sounds "action packed"!

All I wanted to do from the time I was a little girl was to be the one working back stage sewing sequins on the circus costumes. Never made it happen.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  10:01:17 AM  Show Profile
ok,, you gals have been busy,,,,

Winnie.. luv the socks (esp the Germany)and the cabinet... I will have to try my hand at Milk Painting!
Burpees and mending... reminds me,, I need to get busy cuz I have more crochet wash rags to make for the grandkiddos and a sweatshirt to fix the hem...
Judy,,, adding you to the list,,, Welcome and let us know when your 1st UFO is completed...
Busy busy.... :>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  6:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Winnie, love your socks! Makes my chilly toes smile!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6922 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6922 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Winnie- I am loving your jelly cabinet. That turned out so nice!

Judith- Your baprons are so cute! I really need to make me some of those.

Marie- Awesome job on getting one of your ufos checked off your list!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  9:49:59 PM  Show Profile
You gals rock!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  10:22:51 PM  Show Profile
That's what I was just thinking, Bonnie! All of these great projects. . . I feel like such an underachiever!

You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2016 :  2:27:52 PM  Show Profile
First UFO finished and on it's way to it's new home. The pattern is Simply Woven. Free on Moda Bakeshop.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2016 :  6:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Marcia,,, that is an awesome quilt! way to go,,, 1 down and time for a reward,,, stating another UFO! lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2016 :  7:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nice quilt, Marcia!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2016 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! It's king sized for my youngest son. He took it home, put it on his bed and sent me a picture. Good guy! Yes, on to the next ufo is right. Which one to choose......

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm so far behind on reading these, I'm just going to say Hooray for Everyone! I had a big set back on knitting a sweater for my granddaughter. I get really distracted when the pattern has lots of different rows. This one is a 12 row diamond pattern with open work. I have just enough skill to knit it but not enough skill to fix my mistakes, so I had to rip out and start over. Arghghgh! I've started it over but am also working on a simple Valentine's bunting for some instant gratification. Will post a picture soon!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page