Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Complete your UFO's in 2016!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic
Page: of 33

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Amy! Here is a link for the baby afghan/blanket pattern I used. I found it on Pinterest a while back. It is a fairly simple knitting pattern, no wild stitches or anything.
http://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/crafts/knitting/free-knitting-patterns-for-baby-blankets2.htm

DL, that cradle purse is adorable!
Marie, I like your pillow top from the shirt.
Grace, what a cute addition to your gloves and top.
Krista, I am so happy to have one more thing marked off my list. I had stalled out on everything last year and now I finally feel like I'm moving again.

Next up will be knitting the mittens my youngest requested. They go pretty quickly, so he may have them in time to play in the snow that we are supposed to get tomorrow. Ha ha.

Justine

FarmGirl Sister#2904

Edited by - JThomp on Jan 18 2016 10:23:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  05:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
There is a tawashi pattern identical to Amy's on ravelry. Most of the patterns on ravelry for tawashis are free. I like Amy's because I think you could put pieces of soap inside. I have a little sack that we put soap in and it suds up very nice and it's great for the shower or bath. I think I will try to make them out of single crochet instead of Knitting. They are just a strip of knitting that you then fold into the design. Very easy.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 19 2016 08:32:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh my DL. I had forgotten about the church purse. I made one for my daughter when she was little. Thanks for the memory.

Would love to find the pattern for the scrubby!

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile
I found a pattern for a crocheted tawashi.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/43848/how-to-crochet-a-tawashi

Enjoy adding to the UFOs. Actually, this will be a good pattern to use up all the leftover cotton yarn I have.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  12:11:10 PM  Show Profile
wow! now I might be able to make one of those 'tawashi' from the crochet pattern Marie found for us... but 1st I need to finish up my (was gonna be a Christmas gift) apron... lol!

I did finish up the 'crochet' Swiffer cloth.. not a UFO but a great way to use up bits of cotton yarn...

I don't have a pattern,, I just sort of winged it...

I made a chain 3" wider x 2 for the fold over edge...
and I made the pad piece about 1 row wider than the Swiffer base.

then whip stitched the folded over flaps...
pretty easy.... I think there is a 'knitted' version somewhere on the internet... I have a friend who use to knit her's...
So easy top use,,, dampen the sotton pad, gently squeeze out excess water,,, put back on the Swiffer and mop away... and you can toss these into the washer or hand wash...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 19 2016 12:16:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  12:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I made matching cowgirl aprons for my daughter and I to wear while glamping, which we did. In March 2012 (yes, it's been almost FOUR years) we were glamping at the KOA in Black Canyon City, AZ. There were some families there from Australia and one gal asked me about my apron (I was wearing while cooking) and then asked if I'd sell it. I thought about and decided I would . . I could make another one. So, she bought this apron right off my body. Well, finally today I've finished up it's replacement. I had cut out the pieces long ago and had them in the bottom of my to-do-someday pile. YAY! Done! Ready for the next reason to wear it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  12:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Whoot Whoot! another UFO done!

Marie & Cj... kickin' UFO butt!

no sittin' on the fence wasting time for you two!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 19 2016 12:28:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  7:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay...you rock

Grace...you've got a great sense of humor.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  8:06:46 PM  Show Profile
So nice to see that things are happening here! Loved the fence photo, but I hope you weren't implying any of us were of the "donkey" sorts here... LOL! Here is a photo of three hats that I finished. The red ones are very special as they are going to an aunt who was just diagnosed with brain cancer a few months ago and is not fairing well and her lovely little granddaughter whose just 11 y.o. The blue one is for the grandson of one of mom's "besties" who has been helpful in the past eight months or so that we have been having to be 24/7 caretakers for mom. Anyhow, I've got to get these things out while the weather is still cold enough for them to enjoy them. As usual its "tick tock - tick tock" trying to beat the ever quickening of the clock. Thank you ladies for giving me another reason to finish things!

You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  8:32:16 PM  Show Profile
BTW, Grace, I love the swiffer pad - I loved mine in the beginning but soon stopped using it because I felt guilty about buying so many replacement pads. Although it was easy to use, it was wasteful to keep filling up a trash bin with disposable pads. I told my husband that I thought I could figure out someway to use the cool handle with a reusable cloth. He did find a very nice fluffy one that worked well on the wood floors in our previous home.

CJ, I love the apron! Marie, that pillow reminds me of a shirt I have that I bought strictly because of the print, even though I usually try not to wear yellow too often. (Funny, I hear A LOT of women say that they do not like the way they look in yellow. But you know, I'm still drawn to it. The color just seems so "happy!") ~

Here is a photo of what I call my "Charlie Brown" blanket. I just started it on a whim. I wanted to learn the chevron technique. This is my first attempt. I will finish it, but with all of the other fun stuff there is to learn, it will be on my down times and when I don't need to inspect my work so critically. I tend to rip out full rows when I see a flaw... let's just say that when you are trying to make a full sized blanket, this can be a hinderance. Accepting things and moving on is a goal for 2016. I think most of my projects would already be in use if I'd not be so critical. I mean I'm not trying to earn a badge or anything. . . oh wait, maybe I AM ! ! !

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  9:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, meant to ask Grace, what is a yoyo? Is it a crocheted round? It looks like it would be fun to make. I need those quickie projects to keep me from launching into more BIG projects.... (until I clear out some of the ones hanging out here with me, growing roots!)

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:02:27 PM  Show Profile
these are yoyos... easy to make...

I use an old CD,, trace my circle, then cut the circle out... then fold the raw edge over about 1/4" and do a running stitch... then gather the thread to make the yoyo...
Also, "Clover" makes a template to make yoyos with.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Well, how darn cute is that?!?!? Sounds like I really do have to clear that spot for the sewing machine now! Thanks for the details/photo!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:08:53 PM  Show Profile
here are some ideas...

yo can make a couple to add onto your sweet hats...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:11:18 PM  Show Profile
if you type in 'fabric yoyos' in the search engine... you will see tons of cute ideas...
I use my scraps of fabric to make mine.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Those are precious!! I have a few things around here that could stand some embellishments! Think I could make a kitty collar? I have a new rescue that would look cute as heck with a string of those around his mischievous little neck! I started crocheting a collar out of neon bright multi-colored yarn last night (as a joke) and now I think I like it so much that it has morphed into the beginning of yet another church purse!!

Here's the little bugger not too long after rescue. . happy to report he has grown so much since these photos and his coat is very sleek and shiny now. We thought he resembled a cross between a rat and an Opposum when he was little because his hairs were so wiry and stuck up!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! Everyone's been so busy. Love the yo-yo projects. Love the swiffer. Great apron CJ. I'm bringing home so many UFO projects that are now going to be mine. Lol. Maybe I can finish some of them on the way home in the car. Can I count them for me? Lol

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  06:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here is a link to a Tawashi pattern that is just like Amy's.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tawashi-knot

It could easily be adapted to crochet - just rows of single crochet.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 20 2016 06:54:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  07:14:06 AM  Show Profile
Maybe I'll get a Swiffer again and make the swiffer's socks. When I had one, I used to put pieces of rag on it.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  11:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It's not in a UFO pile because it's a new idea, but I'm going to try to make a doily bunting to use with our glamper trailer. When I finish it I'll post pics!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  6:04:01 PM  Show Profile
I have finished the mittens for my son. They ended up a little big for him so I'm debating whether I should just make him another, smaller pair.

You all are so encouraging, which I need because I found more UFOs.

CJ, you apron is son cute, I really like the fabric print. Grace, the donkey picture gave me a good laugh!

FarmGirl Sister#2904

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  8:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Justine, actually larger mittens are warmer on the hands. Get him some gloves that fit his hands, are thin knit and have good stretch to them to wear under the mittens. I have had to do this frequently during the cold Minnesota winters.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  9:01:18 PM  Show Profile
I didn't even think of that Marie. Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that. His hands will definitely stay toasty in them like that. He was so disappointed, he ended up sick today so no snow time to test them out.

Justine

FarmGirl Sister#2904

Edited by - JThomp on Jan 20 2016 9:02:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  9:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Justine, I love the mittens. You girls rock!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  10:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Bonnie!

Justine

FarmGirl Sister#2904

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page