Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Complete your UFO's in 2016!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic
Page: of 33

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6922 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6922 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  6:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Amy, that scarf looks way nice! I love the colors you chose! What a good way to knock out a badge but also make a surprise package for someone.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  6:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amy,, so sweet of you to make this lovely scarf for a dear lady.. hugz to the both of you...

sherone... lol! I hear ya... sometime exhaustion takes over... but there is always tomorrow! heeheehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  3:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Grace, thank you! I received that sweet afghan pattern today! You were very speedy-like!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  9:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Judith, you are 'sew' welcome!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  06:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I finished the 2 UFO scarves I brought with me to Michigan. Did I mention that before? May make some dishcloths today/tonight. I have to use up my cotton yarn.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  09:15:28 AM  Show Profile
I am going to JoAnn Fabrics today to get some supplies so that I can finish at least one UFO. I am wearing a pair of tights with a saggy crotch. I just might get some light weight cotton knit and try to engineer a fix so they aren't so uncomfortable to wear. Any advice would be appreaciated.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6912 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6912 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  10:03:19 AM  Show Profile
Marie, no suggestions on mending your tights. Just wanted to say I like JoAnn Fabrics too but the nearest one to me is over 100 miles. We do have a very good quilt shop.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  6:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh my!! I have been following this thread for a few days and I am so convinced that I need to "join" y'all! The projects that y'all have finished are awesome and I'm so happy that I'm not the only one with Crafter's A.D.D. ~ There are always numerous projects planned, materials gathered, some started, some not. I truly believe that half of the process is the creative contemplation that occurs before we even pick up a needle, hook, paintbrush, etc! I'd love to jump on board and have partners in crime, that understand this lifelong condition. It seems that it is related to a perpetual need to make, remake, SAVE, or otherwise add to things that makes them more personal and homemade. Obtaining materials without spending $$ is the bees knees! But I will confess my two favorite places to explore are those that include that coffee (espresso actually) and crafting. These are my krytonite. Libraries are right in there along with cemeteries and nature trails. I am amazed at the ones that are very close to populated areas and offer a quick reprieve from bustling citylife mania. Looking forward to hooking up with y'all and will post a list of projects and some pics in the next few days. ~H*U*G*S~

You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  6:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Here's a project that's been on my list forever. I don't like those mesh shower scrubby puffs, or washcloths, and have been using shower sponges forever (sorry if this falls into the "TMI" category, hee hee.) Those darn sponges cost a fortune, fall apart pretty quickly, and who know what the heck they're made of?!? So, I had found this knitting pattern for a tawashi, a scrubby type thingy based on a Japanese knotting technique. Easy to knit, hard to fold, but I finally figured it out and made two of them. I can tell this will become an addiction, they are so much fun to make! The lovely model in this picture is Popsicle Pickle Wickle, "Poppie" for short :)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  6:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Amy,
Poppie sure is cute hanging out in a nice sunny spot!
The sponges are really cute, where did you find the pattern?

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  7:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh my you all have been so busy! So many pretty things and clever things. I love the scrubbies Amy! I've gotten really behind reading all your posts. I was very determined to finish that afghan for my granddaughter and I finally finished it!

My first completed UFO of the year! YAY!

Justine

FarmGirl Sister#2904

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  06:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Amy -

Is that Scrubbie pattern available on line? I've got lots of cotton yarn and I think I'd like those, too. I like making washcloths and using them in the bath and shower, but this looks even better. Can you put pieces of soap inside them?

UPDATE: I just found lots of patterns on Ravelry.com. Have to look into this!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 17 2016 06:45:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Here in Minneapolis, the last large fabric store closed over a decade ago. There is now a Savers in that spot. They had to close because they were losing too much money to theft. Now all the fabric stores are in the suburbs 15 minutes away by car and 1 hour by bus. The only way I can get there reliably is to go to breakfast with Lowell (DH). That is okay but he takes a leisurely breakfast and we don't get back home until the afternoon so most of my day is gone. <dramatically holding wrist up to head in a martyr pose> There are a couple stores that sell fabric but those are highly specialized and do not sell all the tools a fabric artist would need. I want to open a small store which would only sell sewing tools and supplies and no yard goods. I would also offer classes and space to make large projects and charity crafting. All I need is some money. $$$

I like those scrubbies also and would like to get my needles into that pattern.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 17 2016 07:50:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  03:48:41 AM  Show Profile
Justine, your Afghan is gorgeous. Congratulations on finding fishing it, that a lot of work! I'm babysitting at my daughter's, but I'll check the pattern when I get home any put a link in the chat for everyone. Linda, are the patterns on Ravelry freebies? I didn't think of putting soap in it, but you could, what a great idea:) Marie, when my ship comes in, ill give you the money for your store. Of course, I've been waiting for that ship for 50 years or so . . .

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  06:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Amy, some of the patterns on Ravelry are free and some are not. Thanks for the offer. I may just go ahead and write out a business plan and see if I can get some kind of funding from Woman Venture. The biggest expense I will face is the store front. I have heard that the rents in the NE part of Minneapolis are very inexpensive. I live in the SW part of Minneapolis which is in the process of being gentrified so rents are higher here. I would rather set up close to where I live so commuting is easier. Our city may go to $15 an hour for wages. I had planned to pay everyone $10 anyway but that is a big expense. This project will take some careful thinking. I just wish I could find a partner who could help me stay motivated and on track. Incidentally, I am waiting for that ship too.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 18 2016 06:43:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile
Amy, I think I like your tawashi pattern better than most I've seen!I like the folded style. Would you consider sharing the pattern! I think I need more UFO's. (snick-giggle). I would be happy to barter something.

Marie, I've had your same dream since 1971!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jan 18 2016 07:52:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  11:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,

Tried to respond yesterday to some of the posts. The finished project are fantastic. Especially wanted to comment on the scrubbies photo but my smart phone decided to play dumb! Anyhow, those are very cute and I loved to make a few. It makes so much sense to use things we create rather than buying those plastic fake loofahs. Gathering some of my UFOs to post here (with pics). Hopefully, taking them out to snap photos with incense me to F*I*N*I*S*H some of them today. H~U~G~S

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  12:24:50 PM  Show Profile
DL...luv ur quote! ... right up there with "don't squat with yer spurs on".. lol! lol!
Welcome to the UFO group....

Amy,,, oh scheeze,,, now another UFO to add to our list! lololol!

I am currently working on a crochet pad for my 'swiffer'... not a UFO,,, but a great way to use up bits of the cotton crochet yarn(type I use for wash rags)... I will post a pick of it later,,, I still have 2 rows to finish...

Yesterday was my "use up some yoyos" day and here is what I did...
Sorry about the terrible photo... I used my hubby cell phone and I guess I needed to change a setting or something.. oh well...

I had this denim top,, that was just to plain,,, so it sat in my sewing room, waiting for a day of inspiration... I stitched on yoyos all around the neckline.

then I thought,,, these light weight inexpensive gloves could use some sprucing up.. yep,, yoyos...

I have an apron (was suppose to be a gift for a neighbor) that I should have finished back in December,, but, like always, set it aside,,, and forgot,,, so that is on tonight's evening project.... unless I get side tracked! lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 18 2016 12:25:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  2:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Here are the first rounds of my Christmas squares. I made a few decorations and gave them away this year but loved them so much that I am making more for us for this next year. I've found for me, it is so much easier to make the centers and then go back and do all of the 2nd rounds (in this case, in white) than to take each square through the whole process (more color changes for rounds 3 and 4). Plus, I don't have to carry all skeins around and I have a habit of taking my crochet in the car every time I tag along with DH. In fact, if I show up without a skein, needle, and scissors for any car ride, he wants to know "who am I and what have I done with his wife"?!?!

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  3:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Here is a "church purse" that I completed as a sample after my DHs coworker asked if I'd ever done one. Never had heard of these before. I did the sample one in pink and white with glittery yarn. I think I will take out the handle that had some purple woven in. I think I like the pink and white handle better. What do y'all think? We have yet to locate a baby doll that is the correct size for this cradle however. Shown here is a Kewpie doll that we ordered from ebay I think. I figured it was going to be too small. . I am completing one for the coworker in her choice of black bottom and black/white top. I will post pics of that one soon. The church purse is basically a crocheted handbag with a drawstring closure. Once opened and the top rolled down, the cradle in the bottom of the purse appears. It's kind of a neat project but it has slowed me down from all of my other UFOs. So the sample is complete and from what I understand, some of the other ladies where he works have expressed an interest in having one made for their grandkids. :D An unexpected bonus, I suppose!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  3:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Grace -

do you have a pattern for the crocheted swiffer cover? I could do that too.

I seem to be picking up more yarn and UFO projects here. Betty Lou is a crocheter and knitter and has LOTS of UFOs and her sisters don't do much of it.

Just what I need eh?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  3:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
DL -
I've seen those before but didn't know what it was called.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  4:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all, sorry about the spacing on the church purse above. The preview showed the photos all grouped together very nicely at the bottom of my post. I guess this is not "WYSIWYG" (what you see is what you get).

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6922 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6922 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  4:30:21 PM  Show Profile
All of your projects are looking amazing! So many of you are getting things checked off your list! DL, I have one of those. It has been put away at my mom’s house for safe keeping. Her grandmother made it for her and she has passed it on to me. It’s so wonderful how homemade items last so much longer!

Amy, your cat is so precious. I like your tawashi. I was just thinking that would be a wonderful thing to make for Christmas gifts.

Yay Justine! I bet it feels good to have one UFO down.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  8:27:41 PM  Show Profile
I finished a pillow top made out of a tropical shirt.

My sister (Audra Rose) sells these shirts on Ebay. This one was damaged and could not be sold so I made it into a pillow top. She will get this in the mail soon.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page