True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  10:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Thanks Bonnie for the lovely card - I love looking at the snow, while we are hot and unfortunately, many very bad bushfires at home this season.
Mine went out last week, but take a while in travel!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  03:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Jayne, I am so glad you received it! I've been thinking about that for a week or so. I couldn't remember how much postage I put on it. I meant to ask the clerk and never did. I never got the card back so I was worried you'd have to pay something to get it! You didn't have to did you?! I would be mortified!!!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  06:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for all of the wonderful cards! It's been so great to have a few in my mailbox everyday

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  12:38:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls, I finally sent all my cards out today. It's been great to receive all your wonderful cards. Thanks so much! Ya know, I've only gotten 1 card from a relative and 0 from friends, the rest are from my Farmgirls! This was such a great idea!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile
I agree Lu! This was a great idea. I have gotten cards alomst everyday. It is really fun to open them, and I think my family is enjoying them as much as me. My youngest son said mom who are those cards from. I said my farmgirl friends. He said I think I have met them, havent I?! And he went into telling me where he had met all my farmgirl friends. It was so cute.

Lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile
I came home a day of shopping in the big city to find 2 cards from farmgirls in the box, thanks go out to Tina and Patricia, love the flakes and crate label!!! You know, now that you mention it, I haven't gotten any cards yet from family and friends, just farmgirls!! Aren't we on the ball, kinda funny?

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  01:34:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much to Nance and Susan - cards arrived today. Nance, I love the picture (and thanks for the apron patch - I am STILL making mine!), and Susan thanks for the lovely ornament. It is so exciting to go to the mailbox at the moment!!
Bonnie, the postage must have been fine as it was delivered just like normal.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  04:58:55 AM  Show Profile
The warmest of holiday happy dances here too lol
Thank you all for the cards. I am in the middle of citrus harvesting,intending to get out of the trees this week and do some writing. I know I got close now to a dozen...Nance, Sue,Bonnie,Anne, Liz, Aunt Jenny, Sunshine,Tina,NancyJo,Jonni,Julie, I have a the start to a glorious wreath. I take christmas cards and attach them together into a wreath that hangs by our fireplace.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  06:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
ByHzGrace
I do the same thing but mine is hanging on the wall by my tree.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  5:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Got four more cards today, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Figure I better post a photo of how I display all of these. Of course like everyone else, only two cards from family, all the rest Farmgirls!

Here is the entrance from the far end of our living room to our dining room

Here is a close up of one side, tried to post the other side but had computer problems

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  6:33:35 PM  Show Profile
Anne,
What a gorgeous home and your garland with lights is sparkling! I like your green walls and white woodwork.Are the walls more heather or like celery?

We celebrate advent. My tree goes up on Christmas Eve. My decorating = an Advent wreath. It is our dining room table's centerpiece. An angel in Quilcene, Washington gifted me the most lush holly to use this year. The card wreath is on the fireplace with an empty creche on the library table. I was trying my hand at making a cinnamon swag and left it in the mud room to dry.After walking in and out of that room and being struck with how fresh it leaves me, I think I'll leave it there. sorry kitchen lol cinnamon and cheer ought to make for happy laundry!

Sunshine ooo I want to see your wreath! I'll load the battery up and snap photos to share too.

Thank you for the card today Jayne! Has it gotten warm down under yet?
Guess I better get writing!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  8:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Ellen -

The flash makes the walls look lighter then they are. They are actually a green called "dead seaweed", sounds kinda nasty, but a lovely mossy green. The trim is actually "pale straw" a light yellow, again the flash makes it look lighter.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  03:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful Anne!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  04:42:02 AM  Show Profile
I agree, beautiful Anne, I love the color of the walls too, can't go wrong with that green!! I love the cards hung on garland too!! I found three cards in my mailbox yesterday, hugs to bluewren (erin), suzyhomemaker and Sunshine!! Love the homemade cards girls, and the tea sounds yummy! Thank you all!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  04:50:31 AM  Show Profile

Here are the two spots I have started! We have lights around the sliding glass doors, but I think I like Anne's garland! Maybe next year!

And...if you look carefully you can see MOOSE in both pictures! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  11:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Today I had a mail box full! Luzy, Jayne, Aunt Jenny, and yesterday was Clare and Anne...oh what fun!

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  12:21:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey...this might sound silly, but has anyone gotten cards from me? I sent them out last week, but I noted only one person mentioned it...I just want to make sure that I put stamps on them or addressed them, even :)

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  12:47:32 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I haven't gotten your card yet - but the post can be wonky this time of year! I'll post as soon as I get it.

susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile
I had a mailbox full today! Thanks so much everyone!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  1:40:23 PM  Show Profile
I got a whole bunch today too!!! 6!! And even Mona got one!! (thanks Candi!!!) I really have to make up my mind how to display cards this year..I have a pile of them on the divider by the front door..not that appealing for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  1:57:49 PM  Show Profile
No, Jonni I do not have one from you yet, the mail is probably slowing up a bit!
bonnie

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  2:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Jonni -

I got a card from you yesterday, thanks.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  3:13:17 PM  Show Profile
I didn't get one yet from you Jonni..my mail came today already.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted all of you sweet, sweet farmgirls to know how much I appreciate all of the cards!! I haven't really been shopping, but when I go I will get cards...but the way things are looking for me with this IV and jaw infection...you should look forward to a New Years card..or maybe even some fun Valentines!!
Love
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  5:32:00 PM  Show Profile
I got 7 cards in the mail today! I am in the process of posting picks to my blog right now. You can view it on my webpage! (Link below)

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Holidays: Previous Topic Christmas card exchange? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page