Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile
Finally! I can dry towels and sheets outside in the 100 degree temps we have every summer and save electricity!!

We had an above ground pool for 20 years and gave it away last year and kept the deck to put the telescope on and it is just a nice view of the woods from there. So we used the existing deck post and concreted another one.
Got a load of towels going to hang out tomorrow !it will be 80 and sunny here!! Waaaaaaaaaaa-hoo!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  7:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Absolutely LOVE hanging my clothes on the line.... Except when it is extremely hot and humid, lol. Enjoy it!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  7:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Love hanging clothes out! WTG Connie!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  8:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Connie, you are going to just love that clothes line!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  04:19:36 AM  Show Profile
Yes, indeed.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  05:03:59 AM  Show Profile
Connie,
I loved my clothesline when I had one! Just found it relaxing to hang laundry sometimes :)
Enjoy!

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  05:10:10 AM  Show Profile
Connie, this is a great idea for repurposing your old pool structures! You are going to love this new backyard feature for the convenience and the farm fresh laundry. I have been thinking about getting a line up myself and now you have inspired me to seriously look into making it happen! I remember my mom hanging clothes outside when I was growing up as well as our next door neighbors. It is high time I get into the tradition myself. Send us a photo of your first day of towels drying in the 80 degree sunshine. Glorious!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  05:28:18 AM  Show Profile
Connie,
Loved my line I had at the Amish house. It doesn't take long for clothes to dry in these KY.winds! I do miss it ... and waiting on hubby to string me one here ...

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  09:44:08 AM  Show Profile
My first load since 1972! and I didn't have to have a step stool like when I was 8! Since I am short and have to look up while hanging, I was enjoying the blue sky !! Phoebe is looking for her blue blanket! It is almost dry! in less than 2 hours!
Winnie, oh you should, perfect for hanging out rugs and my cats blankets and sheets, oh, sheets are next!!
so much easier hanging out clothes for 2 than for 6 like when I was growing up! but I never minded as a child, I use to sing at the top of my lungs, while I was hanging them up, since that didn't go over well inside! LOL!!

Terri, same here, it is breezy today!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#392

Edited by - Killarney on Apr 12 2014 09:46:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  12:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Connie!! Just beautiful! Love the red banner for celebration too. We are having a sunny and light breeze day as well. It is awesome@! As soon as we get back from the Netherlands, I am going to get busy getting me a clothesline up.

Winnie#3109
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  3:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Way to go, Mz Connie.

My dryer broke about 6 months ago and it was going to cost me 75.00 just to have someone come out and then add the cost of parts to fix it so I just "through in the towel" so to speak. No more dryer for me....I figure I will wait until the washer needs fixing and then get them both fixed for the 75.00 visit (plus parts of course). But, to tell you the truth, I have not even missed it except on snow days and rain days at which point I set up my wooden fold out dryer in the house and let them dry inside. They seem to take a bit longer but they still have that crisp feel and smell so fresh. Today I have hung out three loads. Its sunny and warm and we have a nice breeze. The worst part is remembering to get them in before the dew gets on them. Another plus is the reduction in my power bill. It dropped almost 90.00 the first month.

Enjoy and sing LOUDLY.... its good for the soul!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  6:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Soooo happy for you. Hanging clothes outside is the best. They smell so gooood! I have done it for over 40 years now. In the winter we have drying racks to use inside. It would be interesting to figure out how much money we have saved in electricity through the years.

Just think of the exerciser I've gotten all those years too. An extra plus is that clothes last a lot longer. I do have a dryer for those times when you just need one. I had a dryer that lasted 17 years and when we bought a new one the salesman couldn't believe it. He said they just aren't made to last that long. Hopefully, the one I bought a few years ago last even longer. It's used even less with the kids gone.

Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  6:48:29 PM  Show Profile
I really miss having a clothesline! So happy for you, Connie!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  06:36:00 AM  Show Profile
I loved my line in Michigan-miss it! don't have the luxury now in my apt but may do something inside...when I thought we were moving to Hawaii last fall my two wonderful wooden folding racks were among the first things to go at rummage sale prices so will have to replace them!!!!

connie I can picture you singing at the top of your lungs as you hung clothes!!! seems that it make the work more like play -'specially at age 8!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  09:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Yay Connie! I love your red pennants they make the lines look so pretty. I really wish I could have an outdoor clothesline but our HOA would have multiple cows. Enjoy!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile
I so enjoyed reading all your comments! Margo , you must get your racks back!! I use those wooden racks inside too! That is all my granny ever used in Winter! We had floor furnances about 2 feet wide and 4 feet long, so rack would fit right over it. I also use to stand over it in the winter to dry my hair and let the heat go up my nightgown then run and jump in the bed to stay warm! LOL!!
I hung a load of jeans and pajamas out atfer the towels and they were bone dry in 2 hours!
Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  03:26:38 AM  Show Profile
I love the smell of clothes off the line! heavenly, especially sheets!

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Soap & Candles
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  08:51:34 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't agree more with having a clothesline....It's funny but my clothesline time seems to be good for my soul! LOL Saving money, satisfaction of your work & that wonderful smell!!!!
What's not to like about a clothesline!

Way to go Connie, my friend!
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  4:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Connie,
I am so jealous!! I live in a town house and miss my clothesline. I do have a really nice wooden drying rack I bought at a swap meet and use this year round. I am really jealous about the 80 degree temps in the 30s and possible snow tonight.....
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  06:46:52 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Connie! I love the color of the posts. I am still patiently waiting for mine :)
I had to smile when you talked about the heat and your nightgown, I thought I was the only one ;)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I feel the same way!
LoL! Sharon about the nightgown!!

Now it is complete, My DH found me a early Birthday Present, a clothespin bag, just like we had when I was growing up! look at the original price! DH paid 20 times that much, still not bad for today's junk store prices!
WE had frost the last 2 nights, back to 70 and Sunny tomorrow and 77 on Saturday! Time to wash the towels again!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  4:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Connie, that clothespin bag is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the little vintage scene. Now you are set for lots of days of enjoying hanging out sheets and towels.

We took had temps last night in the lower 40s and windy and 69 today. Crazy weather around here! The weekend weather is supposed to be sunny and nice after more rain tomorrow and Friday.

Thanks for sharing!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  4:38:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Winnie! I am planning on hanging out clothes Friday and Saturday, it will be almost 80 and sunny each day!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile
LOL about the furnace and night gown.....reminded me of our basset hound dogs that would lay right there and hog all the heat and we would scoot them over so we could get to warm air. Pleasant memories...thanks! Last night it went to 30 so I grabbed out my flannel jammies and as I was putting them on I got a good whif of all that fresh air and sunshine from several days earlier when they were hung outside. It really does give everything a fresher smell without all the fragrance. I have two indoor dryers but its just not as fresh as outside.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Connie...you lucky duck!!
When we built our home almost 13 years ago with HFH that was the first thing we did was put in a clothesline and a mailbox! It hasn't really been nice enough for laundry on the line.. a few days, but we are still having snow. So, I wait and wait and wait.... I love your clothespin bag- so darn cute!! Just like you!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  5:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Connie...Your Red Pendants look like you are Celebrating your New clothes Line!!! LOL I love that!
That clothespin bag is the coolest I have ever seen. We can't do clothes lines in our Apartment inside
or out. We could do a clothes rack inside but our space is too small. I am happy for you girlfriend
and I think I heard you singing this morning clear up her in Washington. LOL

Do you know what I use to like about hanging the clothes out on the line? If it rained and you didn't get
the clothes in...the rain acted like a fabric softener...the clothes would be so soft from the rain...and
talk about smelling even sweeter.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic I got a Clothesline!!!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page