True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  04:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Mz PeggyAnn,

When I was in college I put the foldout dryer in the bath tub and dryed my clothes on it. Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  10:32:44 AM  Show Profile
Peggy! LOL! Yep, in the hot summer we would go grab what we needed and leave the rest to get rained on if it wasn't a major storm! I got lavender Downy Softner for my washer-fabric softner dispenser, Never used it before! LOL! Wasn't sure if I had one!
I have to enjoy it while it is cool, when it gets super hot, My hubby will hang them out. I have to stay outta the heat with my MS, same as fibro- my! although, I have thought of hanging them out by the light of the moon, in the summer when it is 75 for the low at night!, like when I water my patio plants! LOL!!

I hung out towels today and when you walk by, you can smell that lavender Downey!

My neighbor keeps her 3 tiered wooden rack in her spa tub all the time. She had 2 hip replacements, so no one uses the tub any more.

Hugs! Connie

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  2:35:28 PM  Show Profile
I love your clothes line and bag.....so cute!! I have also just placed a line in my back yard. Love the way the sheets smell after sometime in the sun:) I am looking for a metal pulley system. I remember seeing them when I was going up in Lancaster county.

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5072 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5072 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  7:26:02 PM  Show Profile
My clothesline has saved so much money on the electric bill! This time last year our Light Gas and Water Bill was $560.00! This year $230.00! and it is mostly from not running that clothes Dryer!!

Connie Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  06:16:17 AM  Show Profile
We have so much rain and humidity right now that drying clothes on the line is too iffy. You can have sun one hour and a downpour the next. Inevitably, just when you leave the house with clothes on the line, a storm cell appears and pours for 20 minutes! Drier air should return sometime in October and when it does, I am looking forward to using my clothesline and NEW clothespin apron I made!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  05:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll,

I had a whole paragraph written and went POOF!!!

What kind of clothes pens do ya'll use. Mine seem to fall apart really fast.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  05:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Daizy, I use the clip on type but you are so right, they are cheaply made. MaryJane posted this site below on her raisinjane blog once about a craftsman who makes them.
http://classicamericanclothespins.blogspot.com

I am going to invest in some this fall as soon as they become available. If you find any other source of quality clothespins, please post the information here so we all can learn.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Stephmac
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stephanie
Il
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  06:25:37 AM  Show Profile
I love my clothes line. Love the fresh smell of the sheets. I am still using clothespins that were my grandmothers. They are the "peg" type. Hanging clothes on the line takes my stress away.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

Madinet85
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Elizabeth
Indiana
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  10:17:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm late to the party, but your clothesline is so adorable! I got lucky, and a friend of the family who is a welder, made me a set of clotheslines as a gift when we bought our house. I use them all the time and it makes me so happy to save that money and electricity!

Farmgirl Sister #4915
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic I got a Clothesline!!!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page