Page: of 6

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Aren't Brenda's sheep just the most adorable. I just received two cream colored (with black faces, ears and hooves) from her. Too cute!
Thanks Brenda! (We're doing a barter and I'm lucky!)
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  4:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Made Pecan Shortbread today . . . a tradition for this family of Scottish descent!
Also made a Streusel Coffeecake to take to church tomorrow to enjoy during fellowship to help celebrate our son, Jeremy's, birthday!
AND, a batch of Saltine Toffee Cookies . . . a yummy alternative to toffee!

Decorated my glamper trailer, "Reiver's Rest" . . . will post pics when I get some taken.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  8:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Brenda's sheep are special! and so is she! I bet your Kitchen smells Heavenly Ceejay!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  10:07:27 PM  Show Profile
What a coincidence Ceejay, we made saltine toffee today also! Love it!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  05:35:29 AM  Show Profile
CJ- What is the recipe for saltine toffee??? I love that stuff and would love to make it . Can you share recipe here?

Thanks,

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  11:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh! CJ! I would love to know about the saltine toffee cookies, too! :)

So, girls... Have any of you watched any Christmas movies yet? I have only watched "Christmas Vacation" so far... It's one of our family favorites... Our first year living here in PA we actually lived it!!! LOL! Well... almost...

I can't wait to watch "A Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life." We save those for Christmas Eve. Soon! Soon!

Have you made any special presents this year? Have you done your wrapping? I am so totally behind in all of that. Baking, too... I haven't even really decorated, either. Yikes. I'd better get crackin'!

Happy Sunday, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  2:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Nothing soothing as Bing on the record player on this cold cloudy afternoon, and I finished my little banner finally! It has been a busy week! Happy to stay in today, still in my Jammies!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  2:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I can share Saltine Toffee Crackers . . . be back after while with the recipe!
Easy! Less expensive! YUMMMMMYYY!!!

Check back . . :D
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 15 2013 2:42:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  2:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Connie, LOVE the banner!!!!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  3:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Here ya' go!

SALTINE TOFFEE COOKIE/CRACKERS

4 oz. saltine crackers (this is one sleeve pack in a box of 4 and I use one 4 oz. package plus about another 1/3 of a second package) And I like to use the whole grain saltines.
1 cup butter (NO substitutes)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped nuts (I use walnuts . . . but pecans or hazelnuts would be good as well)

Spray cookie sheet with baking spray and line with single layer of saltines.
Combine butter and sugar in saucepan and bring to boil, boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes (don't burn!)

Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes or so and then spread the melted chocolate and cover with chopped nuts.
Let cool completely and then break into pieces. I store in the refrigerator so the chocolate doesn't get too soft.
YUM!

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 15 2013 3:29:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  3:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Terri!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  4:47:41 PM  Show Profile
That's pretty much the same recipe I use! I would suggest lining your cookie sheet with aluminum foil, though. Makes clean up much easier!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Connie - What adorable sheep! I wonder if it's possible to make a cow? Love the banner too! And everyone needs a pajama day once in a while!!

Teri - Do you have IH tractors too?

CJ - Tanks for the recipe. I've never had it before, but it sounds easy enough to make. And I have everything in the kitchen already!

Nini - you better get busy girl! Time is getting away from us. I haven't watched any movies yet. I like to watch the Santa Clause movies (with Tim Allen in them) every year. We actually usually watch a bunch of Christmas movies after Christmas since I'm so busy making gifts before. I've made a few special gifts this year, but my sister might be lurking so I can't say just yet. I haven't started wrapping any of my own gifts yet. I've wrapped for my mother-in-law though. I try to help her not get so stressed at the holidays. Today I baked my first batch of cookies - m&m! I'll be very busy all week baking cookies and homemade bread.

Here's the pictures I promised.
My third and always favorite tree:

Sorry it's sideways! Here's a close up of the tree skirt I found this summer in an antique shop for $3!

Hubby in is snowmobile gear

The view out my dining room widow on Saturday

It's been cold and windy today so there's drifts everywhere, but it didn't stop the snowmobiles :)

Here's some lights we seen with some friends Friday night:
This is the biggest tree I have ever seen that is decorated all the way to the top that's at someone's house not a park. You can see in the picture that it's taller than the 2 story house!

And this photo doesn't do it justice! These trees were the most beautiful thing I've seen. With the big lights and the little lights it was so magical to see. I took many pictures trying to capture it the way my eyes did, but it's not possible.

Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
HINT: I put the entire pan in the frig to chill BEFORE breaking apart. The entire thing came out of the pan in ONE PIECE and broke apart nicely without gooey chocolate or anything.

CJ

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay-
I'm going to try those tomorrow morning before work. They sound very yummy!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather, love the pictures! That tree skirt is adorable!! I have my gingerbread ornaments on my Farm Girl Tree! Your hubby really loves IH My uncle Steve use to work for them in the 1970's,and would give us cup holders and scarves with the IH logo on them. I will check and see if my aunt still has anything with Ih on it.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  04:16:00 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
Hubby had a Super "A" with the belly mower, and cultivatators. But once we had all the pastures fenced for the sheep, it was just sitting. Hubby was going to restore it but it sat so long with him NOT touching it. So I made him sell it. I don't think I will ever be forgiven on that one:(
Someday I will get him another to restore when he has time to do so ...

Love your apple sauce(?)ornaments!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  05:37:25 AM  Show Profile
CJ, thanks for this recipe! I love this stuff so much. That blend of salt and sweet is just perfect. Loving all of the photos of everyone too. Heather, I made a made of those cinnamon applesauce ornaments one year and hung them on the tree. Adorable UNTIL………. it turned Florida warm and humid, the windows were open, and the ornaments got soggy and pulled from their strings and landed in clumps on the floor overnight. WAaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Same thing happened with sugar cookies hung on the tree too! Waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! To add insult to injury, the dog ate the cookies ( with the strings!) and sort of nibbled on the cinnamon cookies ( most likely too spicy hot so he quit and left a mess). Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I love how homey the cinnamon ornaments look on a tree and they do smell wonderful with the evergreen scent. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work in Florida!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  05:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh Connie- I love your banner and Bing Album what great memories we are making here. When I was a young girl we would make paper chains out of red and green paper and hang them everywhere. Have a chocolate chip cheesecake in the oven for our very special neighbors for Christmas and getting some wrapping done before work.
I work retail right now and people are starting to get a little testy- really forgetting the "Reason for the Season"

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  09:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Teri! Love that Picture!! I guess you will be in the Dog House forever for that one! LOL!!!

Lori, Bing was my Granny's favorite , so I heard it from the cradle! It brings peace to me on days when my MS is really rattling my nerves! I will be praying for you this last week of Christmas Shopping! I worked retail for 15 years! I know what you mean exactly!!

Hugs!
Imagine....#3392
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 16 2013 09:07:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  10:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My sheep from Brenda and another resin one carrying Christmas goodies!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  11:38:13 AM  Show Profile
those sheep re adorable!!!!!

someone had asked about Christmas movies - the only one we have watched so far is "Moonlight and Mistletoe" - LOVE that movie! Oh - and the kids have watched their Christmas Boz movie :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  1:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Connie - Let me know if your aunt has anything she might be willing to part with. I would love to barter with her for something. My husband and his best friends are IH fans. I love the bird picture.

Teri - Good luck with the forgiveness! I'm not sure you'll get it either. Men and their toys.... Here's our only IH tractor - a 966

The red power round up was in Lima OH this summer (only about 15 minutes away). I found my favorite IH tractor:

And yup - they're applesauce ornaments. Let the applesauce sit in a strainer overnight then the next morning mix in enough cinnamon to make a dough. Roll and cut out desired shapes. Put them on wax paper and turn every other day until dry. Just remember to cut a hole for the ornament hanger when you cut them out.

Winnie - What a bummer!!!! Another reason to live where is snows - I won't be opening my windows anytime soon :)

Lori - We used to make paper chains too!! We also would make chains from straws and paper. Hang in there at work. It's sad when people forget the reason for the season and get all grumpy. At least you can come home and relax with us. That cheesecake sounds wonderful. Makes me wish I was your special neighbor! LOL!!

CJ - Cute sheep. I like the lamp too - what's in it?

Nini - How's it going at your house??

I'm making another batch of cookies today - Grinch cookies. They're green with powdered sugar on them. Made from vanilla cake mix. Very yummy. I was thinking of making some later this winter and coloring them blue and calling them snow cookies - What do you think? There goes the timer - better get off here!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  3:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, your trees and decorations are wonderful!!! I love everyone sharing their traditions too!

Brenda's sheep are adorable, something about sheep :) I have a couple of sheep ornaments I purchased at a Farmer's Market made from wool and they are adorable too.

Connie, I think we had that album growing up along with Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass, Steve and Edie, and Johnny Mathis. Oh, and Gene Autry singing Rudolph :)

Well, I did some goodie making :) Sugar cookies which did not make it to the photo session :)

Some Eggnog Cookies:

Some Toasted Coconut Marshmallows:

And here is my Christmas Cookie:

Heather, you will have to share a photo of your Grinch Cookies :)

Connie, I love that bird pic :)

Lori, I feel for you. I worked retail for 10+ years and this time of year it is so busy and people can be less than pleasant. However, if we remember the true Reason for the Season we do good! I'm thankful that the customers have someone like you to share the joy with :)

CJ, I love how you decorate, so sweet and cozy!

Oh, Miss Teri shared a neat craft idea on her blog for 'Icy Votives', you girls will have to check it out:
http://www.whitesheepfarm.com/

I have not been able to finish decorating and it is driving me nuts! I am hoping that tonight I can and then we will watch a Christmas Movie, Remember the Night with Barbara Stanwyck (love her!) and Fred MacMurray.

http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Night-Barbara-Stanwyck/dp/B0047O2FPI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1387235428&sr=1-1&keywords=remember+the+night

Luckily we have parcels mailed out, I need to finish up cards and then I can relax. :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Dec 16 2013 3:18:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  4:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ohhhhh . . . "Sharon's Marshies" . . . my favorite! I've never had your toasted coconut ones though!

And, that Cookie dog . . what a sweetie!

CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Holidays: Previous Topic Farmgirl Holiday Virtual Gathering Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page