Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic
Page: of 7

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  10:44:17 AM  Show Profile
I have decided that my RAOK will be to give out decks of "BOOM BOOM" Cards. Visit boomboomcards.com

I purchased a full set of these cards in various editions, a while back when I saw them recommended by our own Mary Jane.
The idea behind the cards is to perform random acts of kindness and give the card to someone else to do the same. You can actually track the cards online and see where they have gone and what act of kindness was encouraged because of the card. Pretty neat stuff!

I have been waiting for just the right moment, to put these to good use- and by golly- I think this is it!

Thank you Judy, for organizing this day of Prayer and for inspiring all of us to take it one step further.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  10:51:32 AM  Show Profile
I have written to my parents friends and feel SO good about getting back in touch. Will be baking bread later this week to give to neighbors. These were my RAOK promises. Prayers continue. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  11:10:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls - Just checking in. Praying with all of you - in agreement with CJ's prayer, especially. :) Also praying for all of your requests, as well as praying for those who haven't made your requests known. May God bless us, every one! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9375 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9375 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  11:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
It is me again asking for your prayers. I know I posted earlier today about my sister but now I would ask you to keep my dad in prayer as well as his sister. My uncle,(their brother) passed away this morning. Dad is thinking about going to the funeral which is 5 hrs away. Not sure yet as I haven't heard any arrangements or anything yet. I know this is our day of prayer, I feel like it is a day of prayer requests for me. So sorry but I know you all are faithful prayer warriors and so I am bringing my prayer requests to you.
thanks so much to all of you.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile

Hey Girls!

I am overjoyed to see the outpouring of response and the comments about our Day of Prayer...I know God is smiling down on us today...and I know that many many prayers will answered for our faithful dedication to calling out to God in our time of need...I could not think of a kinder and sweeter bunch of ladies to join with in prayer...we are from all across the nation and even though we are not sitting in the same room it seems that we are...as we all know...there is no distance in love and prayer...I am so excited to hear from all of you today...hope each of you have a wonderful day...

I have physical and other needs that I need God to move in...please continue to pray for me and my family...I thank all of you in advance for your prayers:):):)

Will check back in later today!

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Denise I am so sorry for your Dad's loss and your families, I will keep all of you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

"There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber!"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  12:35:38 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for all the needs of my farmgirl sisters today - those mentioned on the forum and those not mentioned.

I feel so blessed to be a part of Mary Jane's farmgirl sisterhood. Thank you Judy and Jenny for putting together such a wonderful thing for us to all be a part of.

Remember - nothing in front of you is bigger than the power of God behind you.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

jerseygirlsue
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Susan
Mantua New Jersey
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  2:02:15 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to stop by and say hello to my sisters. I am praying for all of you. God Bless us All. I am dearly blessed to know all of the fine women that I have met on Mary Jane's Farm. Oh and a special thanks to Mary Jane. What a lovely RAOK. I also think that the Boom-Boom Cards sound good. I have many RAOK to take care of. If you could all say a special prayer for my family I would be grateful. I'll check in later.

love and peace,
Susan - Farmgirl Sister #2555
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  2:24:40 PM  Show Profile

Denise,

I am so sorry that I missed your prayer requests earlier...somehow I did that in scrolling down and reading the posts...as they say when it rains it pours...so sorry to hear of the loss in your family...we are lifting you and your families needs up in prayer...

Hugs!

Judy

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  2:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I cannot post the details of my RAOK activities . . . sharing with some who are in great need!

Praying for my family right now and the last few hours of time with my daughter this evening before she heads back to Phoenix tomorrow.
Praying for her and her hubby's safe travels tomorrow and as she goes back to her job as a teacher on Monday and he goes back to his job at Home Depot.
Thank you Lord!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I am so sorry to hear of your families loss.
I am saying an extra prayer for comfort and peace for you and your entire family.
TO all my farmgirl sisters, stay strong and know that we are all here for each other, through good times and bad times. When you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen we are here.
God is ALWAYS there for us all. HE will make sure that our needs are met, and that we make it through our rough times. HE will never leave our side.
I am sending love and hugs to all of you today and every day, for you are all a blessing to me. It is so wonderful to come here and see everyone helping one another.
God Bless ALL!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  5:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Denise, So sorry to hear of your loss. Many Prayers for you and your family. Hugs.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  6:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Happy Prayer Day!
It's been a lovely day. When I couldn't pray today- being a public school
teacher...I kept God at the top of my thoughts. It felt so good.
I am praying for the requests coming in, and will continue after today.

"If only for a moment,
Give thanks for the day,
God will always listen-
if we take the time to pray."

Thank you for your prayers.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  6:12:20 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, My hubby taught 35 years Sp. Education for The Memphis City Schools, and he said, He prayed while he was grading papers! If ever there was a time in History that Our School Systems across this Nation need Prayer! it is now!
Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 17 2013 6:12:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  6:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Judy and Jenny for our Farmgirl Day of Prayer, I appreciate both of you for this wonderful day.
Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Oct 17 2013 6:24:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  6:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Praying with all of you and for all of you.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  7:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I just want to let you know that the Lord gave me several opportunities for acts of kindness today, and I took Him up on each and every one, each time smiling and thinking of you. :) Couldn't have been a more wonderful day, truly! Thanks again for including me in this day! It's so good to be a MaryJane's Farmgirl! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  7:14:59 PM  Show Profile

Hey Girls,

Wanted to check back in before I turn in for the night...I want to thank all of you once again for your support in our Day of Prayer...it has been so wonderful to see all the prayer requests...encouraging words to each other and all the sweet comments from so many farm sisters...as we joined together for prayer today...let's continue to do as CJ says..."Pray without ceasing"...also thank each of you who sent me an email telling me how wonderful this day has been for you...Jenny and I are so happy this day meant so much to so many farm girls...please continue to pray for each other...all of our families and the leaders of our country...

Have a blessed Friday and a safe and wonderful weekend! Thank you Lord for such a wonderful day!!!

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

jerseygirlsue
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Susan
Mantua New Jersey
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  7:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Denise,
Prayers for your family in this time of sorrow. Also I pray that there are safe travels for those who go to the services. You are so right, that we are all here for each other in our times of need. The Lord is with you all.

love and peace
Susan, Farmgirl Sister #2555
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  8:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Checking in and turning in for the night. Goodnight to all of you and will be saying bedtime prayers for all the request. Was glad to be part of this wonderful day of prayer.Blessings and peace to all of you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Oct 17 2013 8:06:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  07:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Mary Jane for you gift. What a Blessing you are. This is a lifeline to so many women and I feel so fortunate to be a part of this sisterhood. Whenever I go somewhere I'm always talking about my "Farm girl Sisters" and everyone wants to hear more! LOL! Of course I tell them. When I couldn't be on here during my Chemo etc., because I couldn't see and feel my fingers, I still was a part of MJF because of all the cards and gifts I received from my sisters. Some I knew and some I didn't. They kept me going. Thank You All!

Denise, I am sorry for your family matters and you are in my prayers as well as your sister and father. It sounds as if your sister has made her Peace and is that is a blessing. May her strength sustain you all as you maneuver this difficult journey with her.

Judy and Jenny, SUCCESS! Everything works when God is in it. Thank you for starting this forum.

Still praying for you all.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  07:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to say that yesterday was a truly blessed day for me. I found that even during my mid-terms I was praying for all my farm girl sisters and their needs and found a peace within me during the tests. I do believe that is why I did so well. Thank you Judy and Jenny for putting this day together.
As for me, I want to thank all of you for your prayers for my husband and my peace of mind.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  10:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
THANK YOU FARMGIRL SISTERS for this opportunity.
I don't know about you but I intend to continue being in prayer "Praying without ceasing"!!!
It is the MOST powerful tool that we have and we use it the LEAST!
Let's keep praying, moment by moment!
Thank you!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  11:16:57 AM  Show Profile
I am with you CJ and will continue to pray for you all each morning when I am doing my morning prayers. Thank you everyone for your prayers!

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  11:25:31 AM  Show Profile
I will continue my prayers for everyone too!

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page