Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic
Page: of 7

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  11:35:43 AM  Show Profile

CJ...

I always remember you saying...pray without ceasing...The Lord should be on our mind all the time...night and day and even when we wake in the middle of the night...it has been such a blessing to see all the wonderful posts and comments as I stated before...there is nothing better than a true praying friend...Blessings To All of You...

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  7:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello FarmSisters,
How blessed we are!
This day of prayer has inspired me to continue praying more diligently.
I have my time with the Lord and His word each night, but focusing on
prayer throughout the day makes me feel so much closer to Him.
I keep a little prayer notebook in my purse and now I'm carrying it around
and jotting down prayers as the day goes on. I am finding that as I write,
I pray. I find it difficult to remember all I want to pray for--I read the prayer
requests out loud to the Lord. He knows I have a memory problem, so I know
He understands.
Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and friendship.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  04:50:20 AM  Show Profile
I want to say thank you for the nudge back into the fold. I send up prayers when I read of some ones troubles and tell myself that I will put them in MY Prayer Journal. Put then forget to actually write it into a journal......it has been a mental journal. Today I will be searching my many blank page books that I have around my house (journals) that still have blank pages and I will begin to actually write the persons name and the reason for the need for the prayers. I intend to only add names never cross them off and be better at sending the prayers to heaven. My list will grow and fill this book up and when full I will get another journal. That's the way I intend to keep my friends needs up front. If someones needs are meet then I will pray for them in other ways.....they will remain in my journal and in my prayers. This one days events has been so inspiring....so heart felt....drawing me nearer to my Maker. Thank you all for this gift. Love and hugs to you all. Your names will be in my journal.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  07:15:15 AM  Show Profile
One of the RAOK I did for this month was gifting my Sisterhood Membership that Mary Jane gave me with another farmgirl who could not afford to renew her membership. I had Mary Jane's Blessing and it made my heart sing that together her and I did two RAOK and have made another farmgirl so happy , thank you again Mary Jane.
Hugs & Blessings,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Oct 19 2013 09:54:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Daizy, I love your idea. I'm so glad that this day has helped you. I know it did me.
Debbie, you're awesome. What a great idea. What a blessing you are.

Love and hugs all!

I'm counting my blessings today instead of my calories.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a very large amount of gratitude. A.A.Milne

Jenny, Blessed Sister #4359
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  09:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Daizy what a wonderful idea!! Thank you for sharing it. I do thank everyone, again, for this forum. It really helps keep me focused on where my heart & eyes need to be.

God bless you all
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  07:29:16 AM  Show Profile

Daizy,

If this whole Day of Prayer had been for no one but you...I thank God that He touched your life in such a miraculous way...your testimony has blessed me more than you could ever know...God always wants us to bring lost sheep or those who have strayed away back into the fold...I am so thankful that He touched your heart on this wonderful Day of Prayer...this is what it is all about...offering a helping hand and prayers up for all mankind...thank you once again for your beautiful testimony!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile
IT FEELS SOOOOO GOOOOD ....

Love,
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  10:42:48 AM  Show Profile
I have always had a corkboard in my kitchen and a prayer list on it, so I can see it and pray while I am washing dishes. Seems I am always washing dishes! LOL!! I also keep family members pictures that live out of state on it, so I can see them and pray for them also. We all get busy, and the older I get ,I need more sticky notes!,LOL!! At one time my prayer list reached the floor. Daisy, I love the journal idea, I will do that too, and put it with my sewing things on the table beside my comfy chair. I don't think there are any of us that could not use a prayer every day! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  11:57:45 AM  Show Profile
What wonderful ideas ladies. I know I should be praying more. These ideas will definitely help me to do so.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page