junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  12:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, it's such fun looking into others kitchens! Can you believe that rooster towel holder was only 25 cents at a thrift store? Jo, love the tile, such nice work! Ladies, come on and share your hub of your home too!! We love pics!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  3:51:06 PM  Show Profile
What creative kitchens, they are wonderful!
We have a tiny kitchen but when we can afford to add on I want to get lost in it! For now I just pile things on top of each other, and grumble a lot.

Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  3:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Jo, that tile is gorgeous and I am in love with that little creamer/pitcher sitting there....*wiping drool*

pictures tomorrow, I promise....we are doing a little Fall cleaning for our Dumb Dinner, so my kitchen will be pristine....

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  10:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Well it's standard Army beige with brown cabinets -- the kind with no handles. I have a white valance over the window and pretty white napkins turned on point and pinned for the back door. Right now I have up a grapevine wreath sculpture on the one long wall --- just shaped when wet and hung with cup hooks. but I really want to get some old windows/signs instead.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  05:03:59 AM  Show Profile
My kitchen isn't at cute as some I've seen here...I've kind of been working on it slowly the 2 yrs we've been here. I collect moose if you can spot any of them in the pictures.

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE it...very cute! I always love to see green..my favorite color. What a fun thing to collect!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile
Beemoosie I love all your moosie!!! Very cute!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  10:28:36 AM  Show Profile
Okay Bonnie, email your address to me, I have something moosie for you. Jo from mooseville.....

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  10:29:36 AM  Show Profile
Moose above was eyeing my new spring shoots I believe. Husband poised with camera instead of slingshot........

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  11:03:21 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE it! Thanks Jo! I will email you!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  11:05:04 AM  Show Profile
Ah, Jo...you have that BEAUTIFUL "woodsy" tile I loved! That is great!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  04:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Cute and big green kitchen, love it!! It must be hard to find moose things? Really love the live moose pic!!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  05:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue!
Someday I will have to take a picture of all my moose collection in one spot...somehow they seem to find me!!!

Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  05:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OK!!! I know I'm home now....kitchen talk. Jenny, your kitchen is adorable.
And while we are talking about kitchens... I have been looking for a hoosier for years( i just recently found out what it was called) All I knew is a free-standing cupboard with a flour sifter in it. Im not looking for anything refinished or fancy...antiques stores have many of those. I want something that feels like it was loved. Other than flea markets?? Any ideas?

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  05:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Birdi!
Welcome again...you may want to pose that question on farmgirl barter...these women seem to be able to find anything!!!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh Birdi..a hoosier is my dream for some day too...I think they are wonderful. My SIL has the neatest one. She tended to rotate things out of her house (she loves to shop) and I have dibs on it first if she decides to sell it, which I doubt she will do for a long time..They are so neat!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  12:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Too funny Bonnie!! lol Add me to the list of hoosier fans, someday!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  6:05:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, we finally got all of the old vinyl up thanks to all of your suggestions. We also found that by using a heat gun, it helped to loosen the old glue. It took my sons all week to do a floor the size of a small bathroom. The kitchen opens out into the dining and living room. My new kitchen floor is almost complete. The carpet installer just needs to come back and put the toekicks on under the cabinets. The new carpet in the dining and living rooms look so pretty and it is really cushy with the new pad too. I may get an added bonus as well!!!! The carpet installer saw our used little car in the driveway with a For Sale sign on it and asked me if I would like to barter two rooms of carpet for the car. So I countered his offer and asked if he could carpet my family room (about the size of two bedrooms) and fixed my ceramic tile as well. He agreed!! So if everything works out, I will have more new carpet ; ) I also will save on my insurance by not having the car and it will free up space in our driveway. I just love this barter thing!!

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  11:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Here's something for you Hoosier lovers! Years ago my MIL took me to an auction in the middle of nowhere. Very few people were there that day. When this came up for sale my MIL commented that she had always wanted a Hoosier Cupboard... She was the high bid at $300! After the bidding ended she turned to me and said "Merry Christmas, it's yours". I stammered..."But it's only July" and she just laughed. It sure is a beauty, with all the pull outs & extras you could ever want. I think my favorite is the flour bin. You can keep about 20 lbs. of flour in it and it sifts flour right into your bowl! As you can see it's heavily laden with all kinds of junque!

Here's another picture of the corner of our kitchen.

I'm going to do the walls in a sepia wash...too much white for me!

I'm a one girl revolution.

Edited by - abbasgurl on Nov 03 2006 11:57:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  03:20:52 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful story Rhonda! I love your kitchen!

www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  04:56:56 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda, your mother in law must have taken great joy in doing that for you! That's something my mom would have done. I admired a sapphire bracelet once while we were shopping, and it was under the tree for me that Christmas. And once she had some exquisite diamond stud earrings that I admired on her ears, and she took them off and said "Here, now they're yours." It took my breath away.

Now it's our job to pass that kindness on.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  05:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda,
Love your cabinet, my sister has one and I always wanted hers, not going to happen. Your kitchen looks oh so cute, no fridge no stove, but who needs them anyway. HA!JUNQUE?? Can't have to much of that. The thrift stores and garage sale circuit would have to shut down.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Wow!! what a great hoosier and a wonderful story!! That is so neat. I love how you have all your cute things displayed on it too. I love it!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

lvg4him
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Colorado
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  10:10:50 AM  Show Profile
We just had a scrapbooking challenge about this. PReserving todays pictures for tomorrows antiques. You know how our kitchens don't look anything like great-grandma's kitchen. And my children's kitchen will prolly look nothing like mine today. So here is mine:

click on the picture to see it larger

And I also did a page about my must have appliances.

Edited by - lvg4him on Nov 04 2006 10:14:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's your kitchen look like??? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page