jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  12:08:50 PM  Show Profile
I remember the 1950's kitchens so well that I do not lust for them! It is funny how when you remember something from your life, it is not quite so dear as the eras preceding your memory.

My kitchen (and my whole house) is Williamsburg. Now many girls who remember that style from the 80's probably think yuck. But the floors are antique heart pine, the cabinets are custom dark wood, and there is a floor to ceiling window. My house is on a raised foundation, so I look out that window from a nice height. I love my kitchen but it is tiny. There is a round oak table in the center that I also use to roll bread dough and cookie dough on. I finished that table when my daughter was a toddler in her bouncy seat. I cannot part with it. But when you look at it, it is definitely a country kitchen. I have a handmade pine cabinet that holds my cookbooks and dishtowels. And of course a high chair is there for my grandbabies. I love to sit in my kitchen, and even though tiny, it always draws everyone into it when we have dinners.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  12:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Loved the hoosier story, thanks for sharing that and bless your MIL, what a neat thing to do and such a keepsake for you! Love your cozy rooms too. Did I see a scrapbooker? I never thought of making a page like that, neat idea!! Thanks!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  4:21:04 PM  Show Profile
The scrapbooking is neat. I have never seen it on the computer like that before.
jpbluesky...your kitchen sounds darling! A nice window to look out of is my favorite thing!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  08:46:35 AM  Show Profile
A while back we were talking about and posting pictures of what our kitchens look like, anyone else want to join in???

I love looking at pictures!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  08:51:55 AM  Show Profile
I would love to take photos of our little kitchen, but a few ceiling tiles fell about 3 days ago, and it looks like heck! We were going to replace it anyway, but hadn't planned on QUITE so soon!

I love my kitchen and the stuff on my walls, though, so maybe :)

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  1:20:09 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing everyone's kitchens!! It's refreshing to see real life in America!!!Not "magazine" models!!
I'll try to get mine up soon.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  05:12:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh, isn't that the truth Autumn?!!! My house never looks like a magazine, and most days I don't want it to!
Jonni & Autumn show us your kitchens!!!!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
here is my kitchen:

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  10:05:11 AM  Show Profile
I just wandered into this thread! I'm so relieved that there are a lot of kitchen "works in progress" out there. I was a little worried that everyone else had a kitchen straight out of a magazine.
Mine is very "naked" with cream walls and dark cabinets, white applicances. I'm looking for a way to make it look "mine" but am in a VERY strict budget and hubby has a few rules, like no painting the woodwork (men!).
Alas, I was in Walmart yesterday and was looking at the ready made curtains and found some with yo-yo's on them!!! I think those are going to be a starting point and pick paint and such to coordinate! YAY! An idea!

Jana

Edited by - Jana on Aug 10 2007 10:09:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  10:27:19 AM  Show Profile
LOVE your kitchen Frannie! I just finished updatng mine a bit. Made new curtains from sheets from the thrift store! My big spluge was a hoosier and and old window-it all looks very farmgirl!!! So excited! We also have a long pine table where we eat all our meals! Very sunny too! If I wasn't camera challenged I'd post pictures!!! So happy!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  4:50:52 PM  Show Profile
I printed off the directions from the Welcome Wagon section. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I went to paste to the message section of the forum. When I paste it, it only gives me the text and not the pictures. Any ideas of what I did wrong? Thanks

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  5:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks, mima, i love my kitchen too even though it is very rustic. i didnt really show those angles. i wish i had a big pine table in my kitchen i love those. but we dont have room and the kitchen gets really hot. any way, i know what you mean about being happy when you love your kitchen, we spend alot of time there!
cheryl
when i was learning to post pics i thought i was gonna pull my hair out.
are you using photobucket? are you clicking on the last option?and are you inserting it in the middle of the imgIMg icon.
those are the only things i can think of to help. keep trying, when you finally get there it is fun, especially if you still have all your hair.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  5:31:43 PM  Show Profile
cheryl- I had the same problem but I clicked on submit reply and it came up as a picture. So maybe just try that and see if it come up too. Mine in under squeezo strainer
Angie

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  6:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Angie & Fran, thanks for the help. I will try your ideas.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  06:46:58 AM  Show Profile
OOOPS! I was having so much fun I forgot to go take a picture of my kitchen. Gonna get one up today!!!Keep posting girls!!!
Frannie- I used to have exposed floor joists and we put up drywall- I MISS my wood above head!!!!
Love your kitchen- primitive & rustic is so fantastic!!!
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Edited by - DeepsouthMamma on Aug 11 2007 06:47:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  09:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
autumn,
when we first moved here we had a funny tile that was held together with canning lids!
part of the ceiling looks ok, exposed wood, but the other part is horrible. the whole house is actually 2 sharecropper homes put together probably in the 30s, so some of the wall, ceiling etc parts dont match. we have made do and really i love my little rustic home.
but i know some folks would think it is a little weird. we call our style here "sharecropper chic".
ps. i'm so glad you stuck with us, you are a neat farmgirl.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  11:57:38 AM  Show Profile
I live in a small apt in NYC so it's not very big but here's a few pics-

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Aug 11 2007 11:59:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:34:11 PM  Show Profile

Here's mine! Kinda hard to get a look at all the stuff I love- but look at the
backsplash. My sweet hubby put corrugated iron(tin) up for me. We are a work in progress- this is year 20 of progress!!!:)

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  3:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Mine is a little cluttered at the moment but this is what it looks like anyway. We keep our computer in the kitchen that way we know if any visitors who visit our house are not looking at something we would not agree with. So when ever I am talking to you all I am in my kitchen.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

jennym
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Jenny
Green Lane PA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  07:52:43 AM  Show Profile
I have so much enjoyed reading over this thread, and especially seeing all the photos. They are all beautiful kitchens - every single one just looked so homey and comfy, like you would feel right at home as soon as you stepped into them. I'll try to get some photos of mine uploaded today...it's a work in progress. Actually, pretty much my whole house is a work in progress!

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  08:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Here is my kitchen (if I figured out how to do it!)

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
oh I love the black hutch so pretty.

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  11:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i really love seeing everyone's kitchens.
sunshine is this in the new house, it is beautiful.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  11:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
yes frannie this is in the new home my old kitchen was 1/3 this size half of my pots and pans where in other rooms at that house the refrigerator couldn't even fit in the kitchen it was in the dinning room made it very awkward to make anything with our refrigerator in the next room.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  12:08:27 PM  Show Profile
What fun to see everyone's kitchens, all are lovely and so cozy! Sunshine, I love all the storage you have! My kitchen photos are posted here somewhere I think?

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's your kitchen look like??? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page