FreckledNiki
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Niki
Baldwinsville NY
USA
69 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:48:07 AM  Show Profile
http://www.bloomin.com/ Not sure this is the same one from Racheal Ray... but I found this one online.

Niki
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  12:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I am so sad!

The place I was really hoping to have for my wedding fell through. They are having issues with their sewer system not meeting code so they are shut down!! Now they are auctioning off the property. It is possible that the new owners will re-open after they fix the sewage problem, but I don't think it will happen in time for October. I am now on the hunt for a new location!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Oy, finding locations can be such a pain! My brother is getting married this summer and they're expecting between 400 and 500 people so finding a location to fit that many people was an issue to begin with...then add that they're getting married on what I'm guessing is the most popular date this year 7/7/07 and that the little town we grew up in decided to push back their festival one week later than usual to that weekend. The last one really presented a problem because they'd reserved the only hall in town for their reception before anyone knew they were changing the date of the festival so when they went in to put down the deposit they were told that they couldn't have the hall because they do bingo and such at the hall all weekend for the festival. Things really came around for them though as some friends of ours have a huge, like 60'x100', pole type building that is the shop for their seed farm and they've offered to let them use it. Thankfully they're not charging them as they needed to rent tables, chairs and linens and porta-johns and buy material to drape across the ceiling to help with the acoustics of the place.

So I wish you good luck with finding a new place to hold your wedding!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  11:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Liz :)

I am sure we will find a place. Now it looks like fiance's brother might be able to get time off from the Navy in September so we might have to change the date to a whole month earlier to accomodate his leave time. There are tons of places that are just beautiful around my hometown, it is more of trying to pick one. If we do end up having the ceremony in September then it might work out better to have an outside ceremony which could be neat.

I am going home in about 2 weeks for around 2 weeks and a lot of the wedding stuff is going to be finalized then. Wish me luck!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay-

Wedding has been bumped up to mid september. We are going to do a garden wedding in my parent's yard and I am hoping to find a victorianish type wedding dress that is floor length (no train). Wish me luck!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile
That sounds nice! Have fun planning :)

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/