Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please keep my Dad in your thoughts...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep my Dad in your thoughts... Next Topic
Page: of 3

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile
it was deceided to stop medical treatment, except for comfort and pain management, these decisions were not made lightly, and even before this medical issues came on, the directives and DNR were in place...my dad and I have always been very close, and as all of my wonderful childhood memories have been dancing in my mind, all I want is for him to have peace and be pain free...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  4:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Tina,my prayers continue to be with you and your family.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  5:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh friend,
I will keep you all in my prayers, and will pray for less pain for your Dad ... i too had to make the same decision, many years ago. Not easy to say comfort measures only. My heart aches for you, as I know what you are going through.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  7:03:37 PM  Show Profile
my dad is going fast, its just breaking my heart, please keep him with thoughts that he is as pain free as possible and is in as much peace as possible...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  7:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh my... Tina, I will be praying for you and your Dad. I'm so, so sorry. Much love to you - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  8:13:19 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I am so sorry that things are going the way they are and am praying for the pain to be eased and your dad to be comfortable and for you and your family for strength to go through everything with God by your side.
Blessings and love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Tina, Just saw this. I am praying for his healing , comfort and peace. The Lord heals all of us. Some on this earth and all
of us in heaven where we are perfect and whole. My father had leukemia and my mother a brain hemorrhage. I had to make the
decisions also. Be at peace. You are doing the right thing. You are all in my prayers.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  8:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Dear Tina,
These last few weeks have been so hard for your family.The change have come so suddenly and drastically. Your love for your Dad tells you he needs to be free of pain. Just as you love him, his love for you,if he could act on it now, would want you to remember him as the person you knew and loved and not keep him lingering so changed. My prayers continue for all of you. Knowing what is right does not take away the loss,but I hope it gives you peace inn some way.
Susan
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  05:14:50 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
I am praying for peace and comfort. I've been where you are with my dad too, and it is so difficult. I'm sending you hugs and comfort and support.
God Bless,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  09:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Tina prayers for your father and your family. I am so sorry you all have to go through this. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Hugs and comfort to you all.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  09:32:29 AM  Show Profile
My love, hugs, and sympathy to my Friend. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  1:56:14 PM  Show Profile
my Dad passed with the utmost peace today with my Mom laying next to him, they would have been married 64 yrs next month...he is with all family that has gone before him, and is no longer in pain...

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  2:11:20 PM  Show Profile
My condolences to you and your family. Know that he is in peace and no more pain. Praying for you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  4:26:53 PM  Show Profile
So sorry Tina. Glad it was peaceful for him and your mother and you too. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. And wow what a long time to be married... thats incredible and wonderful. Peace and Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  5:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Tina keeping you and your family in my prayers and very close to my heart. Sending you hug and strength. It is very good to know in your heart that he is at peace and in no more pain- but the loss we feel is so hard. Please feel the love I am sending your way.

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  7:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Tina, My deepest sympathy to you and your family. How sweet that your mother was able to be next to him. 64 years is an amazing accomplishment of dedication and love. Peace and God's blessings in this time of sorrow.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina,
I am so glad he was able to go peacefully with your mom there with him. 64 wonderful years together how awesome that was.
I will put you and your mom in my prayers for comfort and knowing God was there to make him at peace and now out of pain.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:27:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

Oh Tina,
I am so glad he was able to go peacefully with your mom there with him. 64 wonderful years together how awesome that was.
I will put you and your mom in my prayers for comfort and knowing God was there to make him at peace and now out of pain.

I would love to send you mom and you a card if it is ok.

blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  8:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. I wish I could be with you during your grief. I will be there in spirit. I will say many prayers for your dad, your mom, and your family members.
Big hugs to the boys. Please give each member of your family a personal hug from me. I love them all.
I was mowing some very thick & high grass today and I could feel J poking me. There was a rattle snake hanging on the fence I was about to pass by. Please tell J thank you. A million big hug to you dear Friend.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  9:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Marly I sure am glad you were protected out there. That must have been totally scarey. We don't have many snakes here but one day years ago I was coming in my back door and I looked down and their was a snake next to my door and I thinking garter snake and I by passed it and thought I should get it but it slipped down in to a hole under the sidewalk but I got a good enough look at it and it was a rattler. We think that it came off of a logging truck that came through. Anyway the next day it was sunning itself in front of the post office and someone came up and grabbed it behind it's head and took it away. We figured it was too cold out here for it so was not moving as fast as it could. We have never had another one thank goodness, and that was freaky.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  05:07:03 AM  Show Profile
God bless you and your family, Tina. May He be a tremendous help to all of you right now, and always. I will be lifting you all up in prayer. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  05:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious father. I'm glad your mother was at his side and that he is no longer in pain. Keeping you and your family in prayer.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  09:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
I just read your update.
I am sorry for the loss of your dear father.
How sweet that he went peacefully with your mom-his loving wife of almost 64 years right by his side.
His love is shining down on all of you from heaven right now.
Hugs to you.

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  10:03:55 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I am so sorry for your loss.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  4:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Wow! What beautiful words to Tina. Farm girls have such a big heart and such comforting words. Love and hugs to you Tina.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep my Dad in your thoughts... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page