Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please keep my Dad in your thoughts...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep my Dad in your thoughts... Next Topic
Page: of 3

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  12:20:22 PM  Show Profile
He had the main blood vessel into his eye rupture, the docter operated for 3 plus hours, and thought he had it repaired on monday, yesterday it started leaking again,more surgery, and today it blew again, he is in horrible agony, and they had to sedate him to keep him from thrashing, his white cell count is low, as well as his platlets, hes not clotting properly, and is developing fluid around his heart and in his lungs, they may have to remove the eye, and that is very dangerous because of the clotting problem, on top of his blood pressure is sky high...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  12:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina I will prayer for your dad. As that is just horrible. Sending prayers and hugs!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  1:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina!
I certainly will pray for your Dad and also for you for the strength to get through this with him.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going out for you and your poor father having to go through all that. I do hope he does not have to lose his eye and that all heals fast for him.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  3:14:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina,
I am so sorry about your Dad's pain, praying that his pain will be lessened and for his speedy recovery. Take care.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  8:43:48 PM  Show Profile
FRIEND!!! I will be praying for your sweet dad.
I will be checking in MJF in the late evenings. Keep us posted please. Hugs to you and the family.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile
my dad did a complete personality change yesterday, went from this sweet, loving man, to a raging monster, screaming at everyone, throwing what ever he could get hold of, telling everyone to f-off, telling his 2 nurses (my mom and my sister) to get the f- out of his room...they did a MRI and found that he has had several small brain bleeds, and with much further testing, they found out why he is not clotting, he has lukemia, his DR's appt 2 1/2 months ago showed no problems with all of his labs...the DR does not believe his personality will go back to normal, he will never be able to go home, and with the bleeds, he could have anywhere from a day, to a couple of months

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  12:36:44 PM  Show Profile
prayers on the way for you and your Dad......you've both been thru a lot....(((hugs)))

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

https://www.facebook.com/MandolinBabesPickinParlour

http://www.banjobelle.info

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,clarinet playin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  12:37:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm so very sorry things turned out like this for your father and your family. It is terribly sad and heartbreaking. You are all in my prayers.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  1:07:57 PM  Show Profile

Bless you my dear, your father and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  9:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Tina FRIEND: what can I do? I will continue praying for your dad and mom and you. I will pray for those other sweet ones, also. A million big tight hugs to you. My heart is hurting for FRIEND. Keep us updated please.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  04:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I am so so sorry to read about your Dad, I will keep praying for him. Even though he is going through a rough spot now, I hope they will find a med that will keep him less agitated, for him, you and your family members, so that you all can be together.

My father had a brain aneurysm and was in a coma for 9 months ... no chance to say good bye ...

So friend, I will pray for you and your family ... if there is anything I can do for you ... PLEASE just call on me. Take care of you too!

Teri

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  12:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I just saw this post and I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through.
I will pray for your Dad, for comfort, and for you, your mom, your sister and the rest of the family for strength and peace.
Hugs to you,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  7:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Teri, so sorry about your dad. Big hugs to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  07:15:27 AM  Show Profile
thank you for all of your prayers, there has been no change in his overall condition...this is so very hard, and not being able to talk to him at all...

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  08:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I just saw this. I am praying and sending good healing thoughts his way. I'm so sorry he's having to go through all this.

My step dad has been in the hospital since Tuesday. They were finally able to take him off the ventilator this morning. So I am hoping you get to hear some good news soon too. Are you able to be there with him?

Kris

The good beekeeper is generally more or less cranky. C.P. Dadant

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  06:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
Prayers to your Dad and you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile
there has been no change in my dad's condition, but I do want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers...

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  2:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Tina,
Still keeping you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  4:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I just saw this as well. I am praying for you and your family through this incredibly hard time.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile
Tina I am so very sorry, I will continue my prayers for your dad in hopes of a change of personality again and prayer that the Leukemia goes away. I will be praying for you and your family also to be able to deal with this horrible thing. God's blessing to you and his comfort and love.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  12:54:58 PM  Show Profile
things are no better, they have been giving my dad an average of 2 units of blood every 12 hours for 3 days now, they have moved him to the Cancer ward and at least my Mom has a bed in there for herself, and full use of the kitchen by the nurses station, cause getting her to remember to eat has been hard also, I know my Dad has had a wonderful and full life, but none of us are ready for this... the DNR and directives are in place, cause no matter what, we will not let him suffer...

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6638 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6638 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  1:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Continued prayers Tina for you and your family.
Big Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  1:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Dear Tina,
I hadn't read your previous posts and found it hard to see the problems getting worse. Prayers are with you. Pain can cause terrible behavior issues and with bleeding in the brain that is even more likely. I am praying for your family, that your dad's pain eases, that the doctors can help him and are wrong about the changes being permanent. I am praying for you, your mom and the rest of your family as well for peace to deal with what needs to be done.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  1:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina,
I am so very sorry to hear things have not improved ... Still sending prayers your way.
At least your mom is there with him, and she has a few creature comforts.
Anything you need friend, I'm here for you.
Take care.

Teri
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  8:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Tina I am continuing prayers for your dad that the problem will heal and that he will get better and for your mom there with him through all of this and hope he realizes she is there for him.
blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please keep my Dad in your thoughts... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page