Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Can I ask for your prayers and good thoughts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Can I ask for your prayers and good thoughts? Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  06:21:12 AM  Show Profile
This sounds so pathetic, especially in light of what the people of Moore, Oklahoma are experiencing, but, I am traveling by air with my 4 year old this weekend to Florida to visit a dear friend who I haven't seen in 3 years. I was so looking forward to this trip, but in the last week or so, I've totally let anxiety and worry overtake my excitement. Last night, I didn't sleep at all because I kept having "travel nightmare" dreams (my liquids exploded all over my bag, the TSA took me away because I kept setting off the alarm, stuff like that) and I simply could not sleep. I'm taking Violet to the Magic Kingdom for a day and that has caused some worry, too. Losing her in the crowd, etc. It's like without my husband, I'm more worried about my capabilities as a parent!?

I really haven't been on an airplane since before 9/11. I used to fly just about every month but for the last 13 years, I've been in a car and on the ground wherever I go.

Just think of me and give me strength not to lose it. I want to have a good time. I'd like to not worry. I'd like to keep my wits about me so that I can ensure our safety AND our enjoyment.

Girls, if you could, I know it's silly, but just a little prayer might help me a bit. Thanks.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on May 22 2013 06:24:32 AM

JaneMarie
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Jane
Camarillo CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  07:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Of course, we will keep you in our thoughts (and it's not silly!). You go and have a great time and remember that everything in life is a big adventure.

When you start to worry, do what Maria Von Trapp did (remember "The Sound of Music" and the thunderstorm??): Think of your favorite things! Everyone at the airport is there to help you if you need it. The flight attendants are wonderful people who really want your flight experience to be a great one. Let them know when you get on the plane that you're a little nervous about the flight (don't forget to do that!). They'll do everything possible to make it a great experience!

I'll think of you often and send good thoughts for a fabulous trip. And, we want to hear back from you, too!

Home is where your heart is.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  07:05:51 AM  Show Profile
That is not silly at all Jonni, with all the bad going on. I am sure a lot of people feel that way. I will pray a prayer of protection over you and your child , and pray for angels from our Lord to set about you.

Hope you and child have a wonderful time.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  07:25:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for not making me feel like a dolt. I keep thinking about what Archie Bunker used to say to his wife, Edith, when she got all out of control with worry and prattled on and on..."Stifle yourself!"

I very much appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I know that once in the air, I'll probably feel relieved, but until then, there's this little nagging feeling that I really want to go away!

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3474 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3474 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent, and do enjoy your trip with your darling daughter.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  08:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
I certainly understand how you feel. I have flown since 9/11 but i don't have to be concerned about a young child, so you're not silly at all!
Flights attendants usually are very helpful and caring . . .and I'll bet you'll find that to be the case with you and your little one.

I suggest you plan ahead for what you'll have to deal with in going through security and the TSA rules and be prepared. That way your security experience will be smoother, simpler and less stressful. You've probably already done that . . . but I just know how helpful it can be. I've seen soooooooo many passengers hung at security because they didn't do their "homework".

Hang in there girlfriend and I'll be praying! ENJOY your time!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  08:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck to both of you. One thing I learned when flying with my sons when they were little is to drink only water or 7up on the plane. They don't stain your clothes if there's a spill. I would think that this will be a short flight, so take some fun books to read and enjoy looking out the window. I'm sure it will be over with before you know it!

Relax & have fun at your friends,
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  08:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,
you and Violet are in my prayers for a safe and fun trip. It isn't silly at all.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  08:08:55 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I will be praying for you to let go of this anxiety and just have fun. You deserve a nice fun vacation right now and don't let this fear destroy it for you. Have fun!

Kris

The good beekeeper is generally more or less cranky. C.P. Dadant

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  08:08:58 AM  Show Profile
I appreciate this everyone!! Great tip about the water/7 up. It will be a short flight to Atlanta, but we have a lengthy layover then back on the plane to Florida. Here's hoping that the concourse where we land in Atlanta has good food or something to do.

I'll do my best not to worry..you should see my "list of to do's"! Since 9/11, I've picked up plenty of folks at the Louisville airport but not our local Cincinnati airport (flights are cheaper out L'ville most times) so my friend who flies weekly took Violet and I over last night to see the Delta kiosks and to see security. I think I might have been out of line, but the TSA folks were standing around doing absolutely nothing (all 10 of them!!!) and I kindly explained that Violet and I would be traveling for the first time this Friday, she has never been in an airport and I have't been in one since 9/11 and "could they walk us through the security checkpoint procedures?" And they did! They were so nice, but I think my friend almost had a heart attack when I asked because in every airport he's been in, they're jerks. But then, he is a self described "mean faced guy" so that could be it :) They even gave Violet a TSA "Badge" sticker and she was thrilled. Little ones don't have to take their shoes off now, but I do. That's fine. I'll still put her in some velcro trainers just in case.

I have all my tiny bottles in the front pocket of my luggage so that when we go through, I can take them out and put them into the bin with my purse and her little carry on bag. It is a little scary.

I appreciate your kind thoughts, all of you. Driving in a car is so much easier--everyone is contained, you can stop when you want to or when someone gets restless. This will be a challenge, but perhaps afterwards, I'll have Helen Reddy's "I am Woman" in my head instead of Archie Bunker's voice!!!!

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on May 22 2013 08:11:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  09:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Jonni am sending traveling prayers to your both. Those type of dreams you are having are frustration dreams. I have them before I am getting ready to do something I am not use to doing. Hopefully those will pass too so your not worn out before you leave. I hope you two have a blast and enjoy your visit with your friend. Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  10:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Linda--glad to know what they're about, these dreams. I was none too happy this morning when I woke up. The one I had about me setting of the alarm while the TSA separated me and Violet made me SO upset. I woke up in a pool of sweat!!

I surely appreciate your prayers--that I can let go of this anxiety and for safe travels!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  12:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I deal with anxiety attacks so I understand a bit. I will keep you and your little cutie in prayer for your trip. What an exciting time for Violet! I did not fly after 9/11 until my dd had her first baby girl. Now I just try to keep focused on seeing them and all when I fly. Your anxiety is most likely producing those dreams. I pray a lot while flying also.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Denise--yes, I really do feel anxious at times, over things that I really shouldn't worry about, and it takes a lot of energy. I've only ever had one "true" panic attack in my lifetime, and I try not to let myself get that whacked out, but it can happen to me very easily.

Good idea to focus on the "happy" destination and what we'll be doing. I've not been away from home for so long and I haven't been away from my husband for more than 24 hours since we were first married. I'm sure that's somewhere in my head, too, rustling around in there.

Yes, I think praying on the plane will help a lot, too. At least I won't have to send them too far "upward" when I'm in the clouds!

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  1:28:53 PM  Show Profile
You'll be fine Edith.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on May 22 2013 1:29:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  1:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Ha, Lisa

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  6:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni- a lot of what you are feeling is totally normal. When we travel with our little ones as a "mom" our instinct is to protect and worry about and for them even more than we already do everyday.

You are going to have a GREAT TRIP!!! How exciting! Oh how Violet is going to love the whole experience! And the Magic Kingdom??? Well, that goes without saying, what a wonderful time you will have. Even though Violet is 4 I would strongly suggest renting a stroller- it will make it easier to "contain" her in the crowds, AND trust me- you will be SO GLAD that you have that stroller. Little ones get tired out real quick in theme parks especially in the heat! Plus it will give you a "home base" and place to keep your packages/bags/snacks etc.
Have a wonderful trip- sit back relax and enjoy the ride my friend!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  06:21:05 AM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for you, Jonni. I don't enjoy flying one bit, so I do understand the anxiety! Hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  3:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Lauryn, I totally agree about the stroller--already on my list of "to do's when we get in the door! I'm getting a little better--checking things off my list helps, but yes, traveling with a little one is disconcerting. I want her to have a wonderful experience, so I am trying not to communicate or translate my fears to her.

Thanks girls for the good wishes and prayers. I'm very glad that heavy storms are forecast for today (and, as I type on the porch, it's dropped 10 degrees and the rain is coming in sheets) and tomorrow will be fair for flying.

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  9:47:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jonni, by now you have gotten through all of this and are in Florida. I have been thinking about you and feel as if all went well. I live in Florida, love Disney and used to work there. You will have fun, I just know it.
When my grandgirl was 4 and at her first trip to Disney, she didn't understand the whole castle thing and wasn't excited at all, but she sure loved the Princesses.
I know you are flying home again and just wanted to tell you a funny little story. For our 40th birthday celebration my BFF and I flew to Arizona together. We hit sure terrible weather. I don't fly well anyway and this just all so un-nerved me. My friend said "Joey, why don't you just pray?" I thought, "Of course, I talk to God all the time anyway, why not now?" As we are bouncing all over the plane I tried to pray and I was so upset by the plane bouncing that the only prayer I could think of was "Now I lay me down to sleep" so I just said that over and over. DUH! but it worked because we got on the ground and home safely.
Also, once my grandgirl got up in the air, she had no comcept of "airplane" so she thought it was just like a big car and didn't think anything of it. I can't wait to hear how your trip was. I do hope it was fun. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jonni,
I just saw this post so I am letting you know that you are in my prayers for having a good safe time with your little one at Disneyworld and in Florida and that you and your friend will have a wonderful reunion and a good visit, and that Violet will have exciting memories about everything she did. I also pray that the airport experience will be a pleasant one. Have fun!
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, both of you will be my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Can I ask for your prayers and good thoughts? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page