JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile
Okay, you can call me a ditz...I said in my previous post that I don't see anyone wearing dresses or skirts when I go to town. So today I went to town in a skirt; and I turned the corner in the store to go down another aisle and I almost ran over with my cart a Mennonite woman who was wearing a dress...Duh me!!! I live amongst the Amish and Mennonite people. but we don't always see them around shopping and I totally forgot they wear dresses. I didn't remember them I guess because I was thinking more of the other ladies from here. Any way, I loved wearing a skirt and the only ones in the store were me and the Mennonite woman and her two cute little girls.
Call me a ditz :)

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  05:06:42 AM  Show Profile
Malena I love your idea of long johns underneath and cut off long johns in summer, I can't stand regular undergarments but didn't know what else to do. When I was having a painful medical problem I was wearing men's boxers out of necessity, they're SO comfortable but couldn't see myself wearing them on a regular basis so the cutoff johns sound perfect for me! Just wish there was more to choose from out there in the way of underwear to wear with dresses and skirts. I've been wanting to sew some old fashioned bloomers complete with lace trim, hilarious, but I bet I would LOVE them and wouldn't take much at all to sew them up. That may be this weekend project, oh wait it's Father's Day this weekend, may have to wait until next weekend. I have a hard time finding thinner long john's in plus sizes and now that it's summer I probably can't get them anywhere, maybe try EBay.

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

BumbleBees
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Rebecca
Soquel Calilf.
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  09:28:34 AM  Show Profile
I too can't believe this subject came up. Just yesterday I spent time at the fabric store looking for a skirt patern. Along time ago I had a white jersey skirt that was so comfortable and versatile. It was a drop waist with a light gathering. I couldn't find a pattern so I came home and made one. I have so much fabric so I'm looking forward to being creative and making a few. I think wearing a skirt is so feminine. As a child I always remember my Grandmother wearing a dress. I too would love to find a pattern that's not to hard to make, does anyone have a pattern they would like to share?

Hivesalive
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  7:44:05 PM  Show Profile
I have been wearing mostly dresses or skirts for quite a while. I find jeans and pants uncomfortable and like many of you, I feel more feminine in a skirt or dress. I am treated differently with a dress on, most men will open the door for me.
I usually wear long skirts. In summer I wear sandals and in the winter I wear boots.
I hate hose, but have to wear them sometimes when my job requires professional dress days.
I make a lot of my skirts from a pattern that has elastic in the waist and usually I wear a t-shirt with them.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  10:32:23 PM  Show Profile
I wear danskos 90 percent of the time-winter time ones look like this-mine are the black ones, but now that I see them in cranberry I MUST get the cranberry ones too!
http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-dansko-kitty-chocolate-milled-leather-p_id228723

For summer I have these in both dark brown and red-
http://www.6pm.com/dansko-sissy-crimson-veg?zlfid=186&recoName=6pm_pdp_acc

It's hard to tell you the fit. They are "true" to their size. Once you find your size in them they are pretty consistent. BUT, they are European shoes. GOOD European shoes. Good European shoes all fit me about the same size. BUT, they are NOT made like american shoes. American shoes are rather narrow, and with small toe boxes. Good European shoes are wider with a larger toe box.

I suggest finding a local store that sells them-try upper shoes stores. Sometimes, once in a great while a upscale department store like Dillard's will have them. But, here the upscale shoe stores all have them. Also look for shoes stores that cater to nurses (if you can't seem to find them, ask a nurse where she buys hers!) or older people! lol

Gabor is also a VERY pretty stylish comfortable European shoe! But, they are generally two to three times the price of Dansko.

For skirt patterns I like a couple that I use over and over and over again.

Knit-
http://www.elizabethlee.com/patterns/nc307.htm

Woven-especially cute quilters cotton-
http://www.etsy.com/listing/100199613/e-pattern-florinda-maternity-skirt?ref=shop_home_active (for non maternity, just use woven instead of knit on top-I have made about 10 of these with more in the works!).

Dress/slips I have made this countless times. Both slips, dresses, and nightgowns-
http://www.elizabethlee.com/patterns/nc301.htm

I will say the ELD patterns there is a LOT of ease. According to my measurements I should make most her patterns in XL, BUT, medium usually is amply big for me in her patterns!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  04:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Heather I love European made shoes, to me they are exceptional quality, comfort and fit. I actually got my Dansko Mary Janes from MJ Farms when they use to sell them, wish they still did, but like you say you have to find your proper fit first.

Farmgirl #522

Edited by - neeter302 on Jun 19 2013 04:53:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  09:59:44 AM  Show Profile
Awe I didn't know she sold them too. I just love European Shoes. I also like SAS (American Made) but most American shoes are NOT made in America, most are made in Mexico, or China, etc. And they are just....ARG! lol But, SAS is very limited in their styles. I like that Dansko has a lot to choose from. I like that SAS stores are so much fun though and American made! lol ;) SAS is about the only American shoe I like though.

Go to Top of Page

Cannonball
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Sue
Hulbert Oklahoma
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  11:55:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on wearing dresses and skirts. I grew up on a dairy farm, in the 60s & 70s, 3rd child first daughter. I wore a lot of my brothers' old overalls with the knees out. Then in the middle 70s my dad , for religious reasons, made us wear dresses. That was very hard for me, because I loved to ride my horse every day. Then my heart started changing to my dad's belief. I don't have any pants or jeans. I don't even remember what it was like wearing them. Yes, I do still ride horses, just wear fuller, longer ones to cover my legs.
To Emily: I have 6 daughters who all wear dresses. Remember they don't want to look like mom. They like bright colors, ruffles, and themes. They even like to create their on look and stile. I let them, but we make rules first, what they can or cannot do. Have fun learning with you daughter.
To Heather: I've heard all the time growing up, " I'm just trying to make a lady out of you" . Some my or my not think I'm a lady, I don't feel it. I'm still that tomboy at heart.
To Jeannie: You can wear the same shoes that you wear with slacks. I get the slack socks and sew ruffles on the top. Really cute with a jean skirt or jumper.
To Nini: Thanks for starting this talk. It's nice to know that women want to be treated like women. I was beginning to wonder.

I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  03:44:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue! Welcome to MJF! I'm so glad you enjoy this strain! :)

I have to tell you, Heather: I got my first pair of Danskos over the summer on clearance at a nurses' uniform store. I started wearing them a couple of weeks ago when the weather started turning and I love them! They did hurt my heels for a week or so. I'm so used to having Birkenstocks that just mold to my foot, but these clogs were not that much of an adjustment. These are actually prettier than my Birks, and they go with everything. I found a couple of dressy pairs I really like online at the onlineshoes.com link you shared with us, but I have to wait - they are too expensive right now. I did want to let you all know that they are having a 20% off sale right now on the site on all purchases over $80. You just have to use the code GETFALL. There are some restrictions, but I haven't had a chance to really look and shop. I have to say, the sale price on my clogs really spoiled me! I'm going to hold out for the perfect pair at the perfect price, but I'm definitely going to find myself a dressier pair for the holidays, that's for sure! :)

I wanted to share with you my new favorite everyday dress: http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-34-Sleeve-Solid-Tiered-V-Neck-Knit-Dress-Search-Results.product.A226766.html?sc=A226766-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-A226766&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/66/a226766.001?$uslarge$ Over the summer, I picked up one in every color. I wanted dresses that I could wear plain for homeschool everyday, but that I could also dress up and wear for Church and other functions. This one is so pretty - so GIRLY - with its tiered skirt. You can wear it with a belt, an eternity scarf, a regular scarf, a sweater or a jacket... I can dress it up with jewelry and boots, or wear my Danskos or Birkenstocks, or even flats and ballet slippers... I have also purchased several pairs of pull-on leggings to wear with it over the winter (I get so cold)... And can you just imagine how fun it would be to change the look with different hats?! Such fun! The fabric is neither too light or too heavy - it's just right for fall, and for layering in winter. The quality is wonderful, too. I know with proper care, my dresses will last for quite a few years. I just love basic pieces like this, don't you? SO versatile! I just wish I could sew... I bet this would be an easy one to sew if you could get the tiers right. I also bet I could make a pattern from the original. I am really going to have to break down and bring out that machine!!! :)

Have a great day!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  08:34:44 AM  Show Profile
I love to wear skirts, but I have a unique issue that I'm hoping y'all can help me with. I work at a Natural Gas Production Plant. We have 35 men and 2 women in the office. The dress is very casual here. The few time I have worn skirts, the guys make such a fuss about it. Not in a bad way.....it just draws attention to me. (Sometimes, I'm not thrilled when attention is drawn toward me) Anyway, the other gal in the office feels that I am trying to draw that attention. The truth is that I like to wear skirts. They are less restrictive and more comfortable. This is important when you set at a desk all day. What do you think about this situation?

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  10:26:16 AM  Show Profile
I don't like what they're doing, Sherone. None of them really have a right to comment, unless the way you dress is extremely questionable, and purposefully and seriously distracting. In some circles, what the men are doing, regardless of whether they mean to do damage or not, would be considered sexual harassment, would it not? And the other woman in your office? Regardless of how she feels, her comments, if meant to embarrass you and get you to conform to her style of dress, sound an awful lot like mild bullying to me. If you're within the company's dress code, they should all just keep it to themselves and deal. ;) They need to get back to work and do the job they're being paid to do. Shame on them for wasting their employer's time on such foolishness! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile
I used to get a great deal of attention from some neighbourhood men when I wore shorts during the hot weather. Finally, after they started getting overly provocative, I said to them "I dress for my own comfort not for your pleasure". The comments stopped.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  3:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Loving how skirts with tights and a cotton slip are so much warmer than pants now that the weather has turned cold!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

April Whitehair
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

April
Salem WV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  8:08:44 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad I found the farmgirls. I feel even more at home reading this. I always wear skirts in public. It started when I saw the Duggar show a couple years ago, I thought that it was cool that they only wore skirts as a sign of respect for their religion. I had not wore a skirt other than to my sisters wedding since prom. I could not think of myself wearing skirts, I didn't even own one except for the dress I wore to said wedding. I don't have much money and the money I do have I like to be very frugal with so when I noticed that I only had one pair of jeans left that would fit my ever-increasing waist line I had to go find me some. I went my normal route and checked out the local good will. Sadly and frustratingly I could not find any pants at all that would fit. I happened to walk past the skirt rack and seen a blue jean skirt that looked like it would fit, elastic waist. I tried it on and it fit, very well in fact. I also found about three more skirts that also fit and bought them all. I got four skirts for less than the price that I would have paid for one pair of jeans if I would have went to Walmart or some where else. I came home with the skirts and I felt a little strange wearing them to be honest, my husband didn't seem to mind though. I still did wear that one pair of jeans that I did have mostly but more and more often I was wearing the skirts. Every time I went to a yard sale or thrift store I found more skirts that fit and no pants that did. I even started sewing the long shorts that my aunt would send down for the church rummage sale and turning them into skirts for me to wear. I began to feel just not right and uncomfortable wearing pants in public, like something in my head was saying something is just not right, you should be wearing a skirt. Now that is all I have, that last pair of jeans is packed away. I do still were sweat pants and shorts around the house if I am not expecting company. I figure one day that will change as well. I have even played volleyball with my extended family in a skirt where I received a negative comment by a teenage cousin about wearing a skirt and playing ball to which I acted like I didn't hear, but my sister stood up for me and said that I could do anything I wanted in anything I choose to wear. I am pretty sure that most people think I do it for religious reasons, and that is fine, I had never told anyone why I started and continued to wear them. Let them think what they want. Then I told my husband that I needed to write someday why I only wear skirts on my blog and he said, "You haven't even told me." So I told him this story and I have recently told my closest friend. And now I have told you all, it is kind of freeing. I became aware of the possibility by the Duggars, I started because I gained to much weight, and I was to cheap to pay the price the stores ask for. Not really a story I am proud of but I do like the outcome. I have a closet full of pretty skirts, leggings, and cool boots. I too am glad to hear that I am not alone.

AW
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  8:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farmgirls April. I am glad to hear the story. Another farmgirl on this site has started a Summer With No Pants challenge which some of us have taken. I have always wanted to make myself a Seminole pieced skirt. This year may be the year I do.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  07:58:44 AM  Show Profile
Not much has changed for me since I last posted. Still love wearing skirts/dresses although I am ready to put the tights/boots away for the Spring! I have now taken to only wearing jeans on the motorcycle. Everything else I can do just fine in a dress/skirt. I do think it is cooler in warmer weather to not have pants on. That said - I think we should figure out what works for us and go with that.
Tammyb
sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  6:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, a lot has happened since I last posted here.

First of all, I ended up buying both cranberry and brown of the above dansko shoes. And I found a GREAT new site... I have bought three pairs from them. And while they are supposed to have some sort of flaws, I haven't been able to spot the flaws on any of the three pairs I bought.

https://www.danskooutlet.com/Home/

Secondly, the owner of SAS has died... his daughter has taken over. The original owner had not came out with new styles since the late 70's...the daughter is coming out with VERY cute up to date styles that are just as comfortable as her fathers original styles! And still made here in the USA (San Antonio, Tx).

So thought I would pass that right on along to ya'll looking for comfy shoes!

Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile
I read that how a teacher dresses makes a difference in the classroom. So I started to "dress up" everyday, wearing tailored clothes and pretty dresses. Guess what? The female students started to mimic me and everyone started to behave differently. The students paid closer attention to what I was saying, girls were treated better than before. Really strange but it does support a theory about how us ladies are treated depending on what we wear. I love the idea of a pants free summer. I have arthritic knees and don't like showing them. Long skirts for me. Love the tiered peasant skirts. Any patterns to recommend?

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile
I have been wearing dresses and skirts almost every day. I have fun buying really cool tights to go with them. They are all solid colours with variously patterned knits - plaid, flower, polka dot. I even have one that has an open weave. The second grade girls I work with really like them. I get so many compliments about what I wear now. I have found a sarong buried in my closet and am using that for a skirt by wrapping it around myself and securing it with a belt. Don't want that to fall off accidentally. I am having trouble finding simple, everyday dresses and skirts. Most of the ready-made look too fancy to wear in the garden or on a hike. I am planning to make some of my own using cottons, linens and denim. I am not all that satified with the patterns I see online or in the stores. If you are looking for a pattern, I can recommend Folkwear Patterns (http://folkwear.com/). There they have prairie dresses and skirts and a schoolmistress' shirtwaist. I have several of these patterns. The Asian and Old Eurpean collections are very good. They even have patterns for underthings. All of them are simple to make.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2014 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Marie - I have several of the Denim & Co. cotton knit dresses in different styles from QVC and just love them for every day wear. They wash up real nice and dry soft and smooth on the line. My favorite ones seem to be "retiring" but you can still purchase some on clearance.

This is one that I wear all during the cooler seasons:

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-34-Sleeve-Solid-Tiered-V-Neck-Knit-Dress.product.A226766.html?sc=A226766-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-39-_-A226766&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/66/a226766.001?$uslarge$

They have a similar one - a sleeveless tiered v-neck tank dress - that I wear all summer. Both dresses have back-ties, but you can remove them if you so desire.

My absolute favorite is completely sold out. It's a short-sleeved v-neck tee shirt dress with an empire waist. I wish to high heaven they'd bring that back because it's so versatile and can be worn in all four seasons!

The thing I like most about these dresses is their versatility - they can be dressed up with boots, worn with simple summer boat shoes or high heels; they look lovely with scarves, layered with sweaters and belts... you name it. And the material is a perfect weight: not too heavy, not too light. I really hope they come back with more styles in this fabric. I just love it!

I really need to learn how to sew... I bet I could make them and save some real money, huh? Maybe this will be the summer!!! We'll see!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2014 :  12:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Thank you. These are nice.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2014 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile
I have been wanting to try Dansko shoes but the high price has been putting me off. I have a very wide foot, EEE usually fits well, and have had bunion surgery so cannot stand any pressure in the big toe joint area.

I do not find that they have Wide sizes, only Medium, on the Zappos site. I buy Birkenstock sandals and they are exactly wide enough, but I am half German in my DNA, so clearly they are made for me ( I have my father's feet, and he was 100% German)

Any advice from experienced Dansko wearers?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  6:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, when I first got my Danskos I absolutely loved them, but as time went on (a rather SHORT time) they KILLED my feet. I guess I am just too used to Birkenstocks. <Partial German here, too! :)> My feet are wide, but not super wide, and after 6 months of my Danskos my feet would swell so much throughout the day that the sides of my feet started getting hard little balls at the bone at the bottom of my pinky toes (very bunion-looking, very painful). Although they shoes are wide enough at the onset, they were just so uncomfortable as the day wore on, my feet would swell and then rub on the insides of the shoe. Awful, awful, asful. . Also, they caused serious pain in the balls of my feet - felt like my bone was going to poke through, or part of the shoe would. SO, simply unable to take it anymore, I announced to my hubby the other day that as soon as fall rolls around, I'm going to order myself a nice new pair of Birki's. They are just so much more comfortable, and, as you know, once they conform to your feet, you just don't WANT to wear any other brand! Totally worth the investment, in my book! So, that's my two-plus cents. I hope it helps. I really wanted the Danskos to work for me, because they have so may different pretty styles, but nope - I'm going back to my Birks...

Good luck!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

lovenshire
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Lenora
Poplar Bluff Missouri
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  6:41:45 PM  Show Profile
I love dresses and skirts. I never wore anything else until I was 50. I have some health issues and my legs are always cold so I started wearing jeans. They are comfortable but I don't feel feminine in them. Lenora

Lenora
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  7:55:52 PM  Show Profile
I am looking at my wardrobe with a critical eye since I am at a stage where I am
- contemplating a career change (retirement!)
- just finishing a marketing campaign from Carol Tuttle "dressing your truth" that links personality to style
- have gained weight (a lot!) since Christmas and need new clothes

I have a lot of clothes in my closet that do not fit but I have sentimental attachment
I have a lot of clothes in my closet that are "damaged" but still have a lot of recyclable material (denim dresses) hat I cannot bear to just send to the landfill.

I just looked into a "image consultant" here in Metro Detroit area and they are very expensive, $450 for a 2-hour session to determine colors and style, or $650 to help you go into your closet and "pare down"

Darn it, I hate to spend money to have someone tell me what to throw away. So I am definitely not going for the closet session. But I am considering the shorter session because I always thought I was an autumn and Carol Tuttle is telling me my personality is more of a Winter.

My closet has way too much stuff that I don't wear in it but I am keeping, I guess for either sentimental reasons (wedding dress) or because I have false hope of losing weight. I have been buying clothes online and then I don't really like them after I get them. I think because the models do NOT look like me. but maybe I am buying wrong colors.

What do you think? I could easily spend $450 on bad clothing choices, should I pay for the consultant to tell me what colors I should buy?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Wearing Dresses Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page