Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  6:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Quilted portraits are exactly what they sound like you pick a photo of someone or a favorite animal and make a textile portrait with different fabrics and quilting textures. Email me if you want more details.
Malena
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  6:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes Debbie...she got lots of good info from our hostess(es)

Hugs,

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  10:03:28 AM  Show Profile
By now your first cards and or gifts should have arrived at your SS or on the way by now. I have contacted the ones where there were concerns and hope they will be resolved soon. Remember if the deadline for the first mail out was Jan. 30th and a few were late please give it a week or so for the package to arrive.
Now there are no more deadlines, no pressure just fun, now you mail out something to your secret sister whenever you wish, weekly, biweekly, every 3 weeks or once a month it is what every makes you happy and your SS gets something at least once a month. Then your Reveal Gift has to be in the mail by the 30th of April. So send now when your want, we are here to make each other happy and it sure makes us happy to know our package was received. Even in our busy lives we can take a minute in the early morning or late evening to post and let your SS know her package has arrived.
Please again remember any questions or concerns let us know. I am quickly getting responses and getting them to the Secret Sisters who had concerns almost immediately.
Have fun farmgirls and a beautiful week.
Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  12:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Secret Sister, Just a note to let you know I sent off a package to you today. Hope you like the items. This is sooooo much fun. I love to get things for others.

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.

Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  11:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Ladies...remember that Secret Sisters is suppose to be about keeping it SECRET! LOL

If you say you mailed out to your SS and Malena for just an example gets a pkg in a
couple of days...she is going to know that you are probably her Secret Sister.

This isn't like other Swaps...you don't say when you mailed out. You are going to
have me laughing all the way to bed tonight.

ROFLOL,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  05:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for such a great SS swap. Our first month was wonderful. You all acknowledged each other and made each one happy :)
Debbie and myself are thankful .... let's continue the fun in the next couple of months

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile
I have the BEST SS look what came to my mailbox yesterday!!! A beautiful handcrafted necklace and earrings, so pretty and I can't wait to wear them. This gorgeous little hart shaped crystal dish whch is going on my dresser to catch my earrings when I take them off. A Sweet candy bar cleverly wrapped in the beautiful scarf (so dear husband doesn't see it!) a 1909 postcard, I just love the picture on this one, so romantic,and a wonderful note with a very sweet message. Dear secret sister You have truely made not only my week, but also my Valentines Day incrediably special. Thank You, Thank You so much. I love it all!

And to answer your question, yes I do love seeds, I plant flowers everywhere there is a bare patch of ground.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Oops, not sure why the picture came out sideways.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Dearest secret sister, I tried to post a picture of all the wonderful things you sent me however it will not load.
I received this gift at a perfect time, I was astonished how did you get all those treats in one box. The quilt is fantastic I have hung it on the upstairs railing now everyone can enjoy it as much as I do. I will not even try to list all the wonderful surprises in this box. All I know for sure is that I am very thankful for you.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  06:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Oops! I'm still learning. Please have patience with me I've never done a Secret Sister at all. Trying to figure out what I'm suppose to do.

Lavender Rose aka Brenda

Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  09:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirls, today is the 7th by now I feel everyone should have gotten and sent out their first SS package.

Any farmgirl that has not received a package please email me at blessedincolorado55@yahoo.com, I have so many through my google account it is all getting confusing and running together. Joan and I promise that it will be taken care of and you will get your SS packages.

Catherine, I am sending you another email, your package from your SS is in transit and another will be mailed Feb. 11th so please do not give up they are coming.

Please email me ASAP as Joan and I do not want any unhappy farmgirls, this is suppose to be a fun and happy swap to meet new farmgirls.

Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Thank you again to my sweet secret sister!
I loved the funky socks and card, the tissues are in my purse, and the nut and candy mix is in my happy tummy!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

my doTerra essential oils online store:
http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/tracyajohnson/

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  12:11:33 PM  Show Profile
cute socks!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  2:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Well I am going to try to do this again. I wrote this thank you this morning and was almost done and hit something on the key board and it disappeared.
So here we go
A big thank you to my SS for the gift I did receive on Feb. 1st. It is so cute, first in came in this purple tin with hearts all over it, what a neat idea! I got all the tape off it and opened the lid and inside was a darling sunshine yellow dotee doll named Marygold. It was my SS first dotee and she did a beautiful job on her. Marygold is very happy visiting with here dotee sisters and has become very close to Laya Lei who came to us very recently. Marygold is wearing a bright checkered yellow body suit which covers her head also. she is wearing a darling white apron with yellow tie around her waist. The apron has a decoration of a silver metal button with flowers in the middle. She is wearing some silver cross earrings of which she said we could share sometimes. She has her pretty yellow hair up in a bun and has turquoise and silver decoration hanging from her skirt. She has such a happy face and I love her. Thanks also for the peach/mango tea in the cute little cloth bag and the Quilling strips, It was and amazing surprise,
Thanks so much.. and I am sorry for the mix up. But it is here and I love it.
I will try to post some time soon
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  3:35:13 PM  Show Profile

Hi Secret Sister,

Thank you so much for my cute note and the goodies in my first package. They arrived a week and a half ago I think, but I was out of town at a conference, got back and then my husband left for a meeting. So its been crazy as usual around here. Cant wait to try something in that cook book and of course.....LOVE my little sheep friend.

Will start working that tonight while hanging out with the doggies tonight

Thank You and Hugs!

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  3:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I would LOVE it if you could post a pic. of your dotee doll. I make spirit dolls so that really interests me.
Sweet Secret sister, I got your package in the mail. Bag of mixed, delicious candies that DH and I polished off quickly, and a really cute stuffed heart door hanger thst says "I love my friends." Isn't that the farmgirl spirit?! Thank you so much. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  09:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Secret Sister (I think) :)
I received a package in the mail that had no card or letter or return address. So I am assuming it was from my secret sister.
It was a adorable recipe box, recipe cards, little tin and a big ol Hershey bar!!

Thanks so much!

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  09:47:01 AM  Show Profile
Joey. What is a spirit doll that's interesting to me. I have a doll project started my first ever..well the doll is done but he still needs britches. I be several other unique patterns for dolls using different things for joints and I be always been fascinated by kachinas etc. Please share
thanks its so fun to learn from each other.
malena
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Yes, farmgirls please remember to add a little card or note to your SS and just sign it your SS so she knows what swap it is from.
Ladies if you can do post pictures of your gifts for all to see.
Thank you.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile
Okay Secret Sisters I count only 33 farmgirls who have posted they have received or sent packages. We have 42 Secret Sisters who have signed up. Please, please email me at blessedincolorado55@yahoo.com if you have not received a package from your Secret Sister so we can email them and see what is going on. I will be personally emailing Secret Sisters who have not posted at all but it would help if you could email us as well. It is important to us and it does matter. So, please Secret Sisters let us know, remember Joan and I want and need happy Farmgirls:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile

Malina, this is one of the first spirit doll I did. This was a commissioned piece. The bride loved the Buconeers football team but the groom loves the Dolphins so I put them together in one doll. They are a Christian family and she had breast cancer, hence the charms. there is alot of symbolism and especially so with my commissioned pieces. I have sold some place spirit dolls as well-like a doll from Florida, California, Oregon, etc. I still do alot of commissioned pieces thru word of mouth. I make angel dolls in the same spirit. It is all done by hand-designed, sewed and beaded by me. It relaxes me and I really enjoy making them.
I'd love to see what you've done. One of the things I love the most about this forum is learning from others. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Edited by - Joey on Feb 10 2013 10:43:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  1:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Joey, they are beautiful, thank you for sharing them with us.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  1:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Whoohoo! I got a package from my Secret Sister. And let me tell you I am doing the Happy Dance. She sent me three packs of Starbucks Hot Cocoa, a Mary Engelbreit tablet, and a wall hanging with a picture from probably the 1930's and underneath it has the words" Crafters Club. And the sweetest vintgage card with words Friends on the top.
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU AND GIVE YOU A BIG HUG. My Secret Sister knows what I like. This is so much fun. I cant stand it. LoL Two more months and then I will find out who... Love my Secret Sister.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  2:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Today I got another package from my Secret Sister. Thanks a bunch! It was wonderful. It included chocolate heart suckers, a very nice quilted heart to hang. By the way it's already hanging in my living room. Also, some Butter Cream Lotion that smells fantastic, and some cute socks. How generous of you!

Brenda

Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Feb 09 2013 2:57:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile
I just love seeing what you all received! As Debbie said, if there are any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page