Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  12:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Got a package from my Secret Sister yesterday. Thanks! I just love the snowman and the cccoa. It's the caring and unexpected things that brighten the day.

Thanks a bunch,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  08:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Remember that Jan. 30th is the mail out date for your first correspondence with your SS it does not have to be to your SS by the 30th, just mailed out by then.
Again, as Joan said please email us if you have found you can not fullfill your SS commitment (for any reason, personal, financial etc) so no SS is left out, we have SS Angels who can step in at a moments notice. And, we will certainly understand as things happen that we can not predict so just let us know.
Thank you again farmgirls all of you are so special.
Later today I will share a past SS story with you and why I think SS is so special and must be kept going.
Hugs,
Deborah

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 30 2013 08:05:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  12:04:11 PM  Show Profile
One more thing that has been brought to my attention, if you can not get your package out by today's deadline (Jan. 30th)please let us know and we will email your SS and let her know she is not forgotten but you are just a bit behind. Thank you.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  2:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Secret Sister, Thanks so much for the wonderful package that was on my front porch when we got home today from running errands. Love everything, so thoughtful! Where do I start?? first thing I noticed was the wax red heart seal, I have wanted one of those for so long :)!,precious heart made out of vintage Hankie (I collect them too, hankies that is) the book sounds great, can't wait to get into it. Then we have Valentine notes, so pretty and victorian - :)! Vintage Valentine postcard - don't have any, might just start a collection as I love them, thanks for starting one for me! Chocolate/gingerbread candy bar, sounds yummy, cutest dress note pad, can never have enough of those, Valentine socks, so cute, valentine pencil, neat Calendar, have never seen one like this, and last but not least, your very sweet note. You have made my Valentines Day very special, thank you so much. many hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  2:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Very nice Ruth, what a special SS you have as well, such wonderful treasures.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  3:25:13 PM  Show Profile
I agree Debbie, Ruth hit the SS jackpot!!!! Great treasures!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  4:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Ooo how sweet Ruth...special lady.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  1:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my Secret Sister. I received so many goodies today from you.
I love the Snowman picture, the tea, book pad, quilt block templates and the Happy Birthday card. Yes, I had a wonderful birthday for about three days. My husband and I were born on the same day. We were born 20 miles and 5 hours apart. He is my best friend. We have been married for 50 years. I guess we are soul mates.
I absolutely love the tea cup pin cushion. I am back to cross stitching again. Right now, I am making yo yos for a pillow to go on my bed. I will think of you each evening when I have a needle in my fingers.
Thanks again for being my Secret Sister. Can't wait to find out who you are.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  4:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, Your tea cup pin cushion is the cutest! Enjoy your sweet gifts from your Secret Sister! I'm sure enjoying mine :) !
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

BarnHeart
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Autumn
New Albany IN
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile
I am so impressed with everyone's SS gifts! I'm very glad to be a part of it!

I love wool! Visit my website at www.heartfeltwool.com to see my creations!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  9:42:08 PM  Show Profile
What a neat idea with that Tea Cup pin cushion.
Such nice gifts, I love reading about the gifts and seeing the photos too.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  04:43:41 AM  Show Profile
Hopefully you all received something from your SS by now.If you still haven't, please let Debbie and myself know. Now that February has arrived (closer to Spring yay) remember by February 30th another SS surprise goes out to your SS. Have fun!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaGirl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Diane
Hermitage Arkansas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Secret Sister...You are awesome!
I received a beautifully wrapped gift package from my sweet farm-girl secret sister today!
She must know me very well :) I found my favorite chocolate bar, a wonderful book with a very chic bookmarker, and a beautiful card...all wrapped together with a fabric fat quarter and sparkly ribbon. The fabric is perfect for a springtime pillow to take GLAMPING! Thank you sweet sister <3

Sister 4595 loves to Smile, Laugh & Giggle!
~Creative Stitching at Sweet Bay Magnolia~
http://dianedoodles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile
Sorry forgot to post but last week from my secret sis a humongus package with many many things cookes which were opened immediately tea a tea mug tea strainer dish towels and sone others really pretty package tnx secret sis
Go to Top of Page

BlackRabbit
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tina
Dallas PA
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  1:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Send BlackRabbit a Yahoo! Message
Thank you secret sister for the wonderful chai( which i love!) and the very pretty card. i gave the new addy to debbie, but if you mail anything to the old addy, it will just be forwarded. so you dont have to worry about it so much. thankyou secret sister!

live life with no regrets
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  9:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to my sweet secret sister. I received the cute card and nice letter today. I will try to answer
your questions here. My husband and myself both had previous marriages and we too have five children in this combined family.
we do not often see the two oldest ones or our grandbabies which is hard but they are young and know everything and we are old and stupid..yada yada..it hurts but one can only help so much and then they must work it out themselves and learn the hard way.
the three I gave birth to are still at home for now. Kristen 18, Joshua 13 and Jayden 11(a girl)..she said I must let you know since. There are boys named that as well.
grandchildren..Alexis 7 and Bentley almost a yr.
My husband drove for Batesville casket company for 13yrs but now he drives for Crum. Yrs before that he hauled explosives. He s driven a semi since he was13 with no license..teehee.

My name is Malena with no "r" in it actually..I was named from a Dolly Parton andPorter Wagoner song.

At any given time I am likely to have a hundred or so projects going between sewing,painting scrapbooking etc. everything from quilts and aprons to costumes and curtains. I get bored easy plus I homeschool the kids. I stay busy. Newest project is quilted portraits and I paint murals etc.

I love snow and cold but I am not fond of heat because I have some health issues and it doesn't agree with me too well. I do not work outside the home because of my health also but I may have surgery before too much longer and hopefully in a yr or so I will be a somewhat normal person again.
I have dogs,and cats and the farm animals are with my brother for now.
cannot wait to garden told dh I'm planting it and if I end up in a wheelchair he best start widening the paths and be ready for his marching orders.
sorry gals for the length but it d be rude not to answer the questions..Love to all

Malena
it
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  12:56:26 AM  Show Profile

Oh My Goodness...I have the Bestest Secret Sis in the Whole World! LOL I got this pkg.
yesterday (but didn't have time to post)....so, this made my 2nd gift in two weeks. Wow!!!
I just love everything!!! She knit me a lovely dishcloth (which is already in use) and
the book looks really intriguing...can't wait to start that, then she did that adorable
embroideried dishtowel (which it will never be used on a dish because I will do something fancier
with it in my kitchen...it's just too darn cute to not be cherished) and then she gave me a Vintage
1950's Apron...but I am thinking it is older than the 50's. I posted a larger picture of it
so you could see the exquisite detailing in it. I am just thrilled with it as I have a collection
of Aprons and this is by far the oldest. So, see how spoiled I am already! I surely must be
stinking pretty awfully by now. (+: Thank You sooooooo very much! I am just thrilled with every
thing you've sent me so far. You know how to find some real treasures!

Look at the detail girls!!! Lovely isn't it?

I love Secret Sisters!!! I really do!!! I like getting spoiled!!!! How about YOU?

hugs, smiles, blessings and thanks,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2013 01:02:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  09:44:19 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that is such a sweet gift...you must have a great SS! But then, you deserve one!
All of you girls, so great to see your SS gifts :)

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Malena, You have peaked my interest with an answer to one of your secret sister's questions,
what is quilted portraits? You girls are all getting the greatest things from your secret
sisters. Peggyann your apron is just plain lovely!!
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  1:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh my I am having so much fun seeing all the secret sister gifts. Everyone seems so blessed with what they received.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Karlee2147
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Karla
White City OR
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile
First I want to say thank you so much to my secret sister, I arrived home from a long week of teaching to find a lovely note and cinnamon tea yumm, and a lovely hand made purple (my favorite color) scarf, such special items. I will post pics shortly.

My second comment is I am now worried my ss has not received her packet i sent out several weeks ago as I have not seen a posting. So Debbie, if she has emailed you she hasn't received something can you let me know, our mail service can be a challenge at times.

Karla
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile
I will check into it for you Karla and let you know.
Hugs,
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  4:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls please email me personally if you have a problem with your Secret Sister or wonder if packages were received. I am emailing each one personally and will let you know. We do not want to give anything away.
Thank you and I email the 3 who have told me when I hear something.
Hugs,
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  4:50:56 PM  Show Profile
Just checked my mailbox and there were not one but two packages from my SS! WoW! The first package had the new issue of one of my favorite magazines "Vintage Style". I love this magazine and hadn't gotten this new issue yet :) There were also four...yes four....GIANT milk chocolate bars. I love milk chocolate of course (is my SS trying to fatten me up)? I think I will have to share these treats with my husband and daughter since my husband always says I hide the chocolate from him...LOL. The other box had two wonderful smelling candles...vanilla and cinnamon pecan swirl. Lit them both already since I am obsessed with candles :) There was a sweet card enclosed too!

Thank you so much Secret Sister...you made my day!

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  5:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Nice Tammy, seems your Secret Sister knows you pretty well too:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page