Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  06:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Farmgrils are AWESOME! Oh how I wish could be there when each of you receive your farmgirl mail and see the smiles on your faces, to feel loved is the best thing in the world. Thank you all for being the wonderful farmgirl sisters you are and making each other so happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Debbie....I agree with as tough as life gets somedays, sure is nice to know farmgirls are so caring. Everyone's treats are so interesting to see.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

youngbunny
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Jeri
Kirkland WA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  09:22:13 AM  Show Profile
LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SS. SHE SENT ME A SET OF HOMEMADE QUILATED SNOWMAN COASTERS!! LOVE. MY SS IS THE BEST!! I'LL HAVE TO POST A PICTURE IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THIS CAMERA WE GOT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH HUGS TO YOU....MADE MY DAY!

Simpler Life = Happier Life!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  10:40:47 AM  Show Profile
You are doing so great with the posting and acknowledging your treasured gifts Yay!!! to all of you! You make Debbie and my job easy lol

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  8:25:21 PM  Show Profile
They are really nice gifts and fun to see them too.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  05:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, The deadline to send out a little something is approaching, so let's not disappoint any of our farmgirls :)
Enjoy your day everyone

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  11:35:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to my secret sister for the bright and cheerful card with the monogrammed stamps! I will definitely use them for stationary! Thank you very much!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

my doTerra essential oils online store:
http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/tracyajohnson/

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Jan 25 2013 11:37:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Secret Sister, I received a great package in the mail today. Thank you so much. I received a beatiful handmade card with a hint that she has blue eyes, and I know that they are beautiful. Some pretty paper for using on my inchies, some stickers and little embelishments and the cuties little purse that I can use on a quick trip to town or I can use it to put my little inchie projects in when I travel. Thanks again Secret Sister, this is so fun. Have a great weekend.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Yippie!!! I figured out how to post pics from my new iPad! Though I don't know why it was placed after my signature. Better there than nowhere!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

my doTerra essential oils online store:
http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/tracyajohnson/

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  1:28:45 PM  Show Profile
You did great Tracy, thanks for sharing everyone, nice gifts and sentiments all of you are receiving.
For the farmgirls who are unsure how to post your pictures of your treasures if you email me the picture I will post your pictures for you.
Thanks for being such wonderful and caring Secret Sisters to each other, y'all are the best!
As Joan said remember your Jan. 30th deadline to get your first card/gift to your secret sister.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  12:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh thank you my SS for these adorable gifts. Did you crochet that doily. Very pretty. Oh and enjoy your vacation

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

BarnHeart
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Autumn
New Albany IN
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  6:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Secret Sister, for the thoughtful gift of roving!!! Nothing makes me happier than wool! I'm already planning on what project to use these beauties on. They are curly locks, and they will be just beautiful as hair on one of my felted figures. How sweet of you!
Lots of Farmgirl Love and Hugs!
Autumn

I love wool! Visit my website at www.heartfeltwool.com to see my creations!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  07:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, how are you all today? I love all the sweet gifts each of you received from your SS. Just a reminder to some of you who haven't sent out yet. The 30th is just around the corner, so please take a moment to send a little acknowledgement to your SS. Thank you all for your participation in our swap.

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:21:22 AM  Show Profile
I just love all the wonderful gifts you girls are getting, so much joy going around, it is wonderful
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Momofseven
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Melinda
Elliottsburg pennsylvania
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Received a very pretty red dish towel and my favorite candybar (hershey w almond bar) from my SS. Thank you. To answer your questions: Yes, I do have seven children. 6 girls and 1 son. Ages are 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 13, and my son will be 2 in Feb. We have 24 goats. 2 of which are bucks. One is a oberhasli and the other a nubain buck. Two Sannens, 1 alphine, 1 oberhasli doe kid and the rest are nubians. Last year we only had one goat milking so didn't have to worry about the milk. This year we have potentially 15 goats to milk come the middle of feb on to April for kidding. The rabbits LOL rough estimate 100. Mostly meat rabbits in various stages of growth from babies (Newborns) to 4-5 lbs ready to go the the buyer. Don't have a small farm Yet. Still looking need more room desperately. Not sure how to teach someone to crochet over the computer, but I enjoy crocheting more than knitting. Knitting after crocheting is slow. Keep the questions coming. Enjoy the time to talking to another adult sometimes. LOL
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:07:04 PM  Show Profile
My Melinda
you really have your hands full. I bet your little 2 year old son is quite different after all the girls. How wonderful and all you animals you really are kept busy. I bet your crocheting and knitting is quite nice. I don't do either well but I did find that knitting was a lot slower for me. You have a nice day, I just thought I would say Hi.
Hi to everyone else also and have an awesome Sunday night!
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to my secret sis for the card,glass magnets(I really like the rooster one!), and papercrafting embellishment stickers.I already have some ideas for some of them.Thanks again!

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6650 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6650 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  06:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Melinda for sharing a bit of your life with all of us, you are truly Blessed. Remember you can ask your SS questions and she can answer here without giving anything away. What a wonderful way to get to know our Sisters.
Thank you so much all of you for making this such a wonderful and fun swap, Sisters new to the farm I hope all of you are enjoying this swap and getting to know your sisters better.
Only a couple of days until your mail out deadline, January 30th will be here before we know it.
Have a beautiful week everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  11:26:10 AM  Show Profile
I was just taking out the garbage, when I nearly stumbled over a lovely box left by the postman! All the family had heard about my Secret Sister Shindig, and all were anxious for me to open the box with that tell-tale Return Address.
Voila!

THANK YOU!
DH and the boys and I LOVED the candle (but I'm the only one who actually likes Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream, and this SOOOOOO made me want to dash to the store for a carton!), and I enjoy calendars greatly. HOW THOUGHTFUL of you to include your "Secret Nephews" as well! I'm looking forward to sitting down with them and a box of crayons to share amongst us!

BTW... who knows of a fun use for recycled calendars?

Oh and, in addition to my DH and boys, I love my 2 hens, 3 dogs, and 1 cat. I can't wait to get started on building a better coop this Spring. I love my 1970 Honda 90 CT Trail Bike and plan to restore it. I enjoy RE-PURPOSED things like many other FarmGirls. I like to sew and am behind on embroidering my FarmGirl Badges. I collect Sock Monkies and am always hoping to find someone's abandoned lunchbox from the 1970s. I'm not a big fiction reader, but like How To Books and many magazines. I am a nostalgic gal and appreciate traditions, even though I don't follow many!

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com

Edited by - MtnGrlByTheBay on Jan 28 2013 11:33:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  11:37:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my secret sister for my mail today :) It was a delight to open up my mailbox to a beautiful box (no 2 boxes!) full of candles! They smell so yummy :) Thank you so much for thinking of me!!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  3:53:15 PM  Show Profile
You all are making this swap very successful, thank you from Debbie and me!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  06:02:23 AM  Show Profile
It's me again, Joan, :) Good morning everyone...just a simple reminder again. Only TWO days left to acknowledge your SS. If for some reason you are not able to send anything, please don't hestitate to inform Debbie and I. It's better you let us know than having your SS wait in anticipation. Thank you all!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I just received a lovely surprise from my secret sister. I got a lovely card, a yummy box of raspberry chocolates and some awesome fat quarters that I will be using in a scrap quilt. Thank you so very much for making my day.

big hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Just received a lovely package in mail yesterday afternoon. Got a beautiful knitted cowl, which I just love. A chocolate bath crystals which looks fun! and just love the material. Hmmmm...what to make with it. I do think maybe a chic hobo bag or apron...Snowman kit my grandsons will love...cann't wait for them to come down...
This is so much fun...just love all you farmgirls...always brightens my day know matter what comes my way...this package came in just in right time...
Thank you SECRET SISTER:)
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  11:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Look what was at my doorstep yesterday when I got home! A beautiful, beautiful mug rug, a mug to go with it, some YUMMY tea, a box of Good and Plenty, the latest issue of Tea Time and a beautiful card! Each wrapped oh so pretty and tied with different ribbons. THANK YOU dear Secret Sister for brightening my wintery day, warming my heart and my tummy! I just love it.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jan 29 2013 11:54:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page