Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:16:24 PM  Show Profile
I received my secret sister reveal package yesterday and what a package it was! Ruth has been my secret sister these last 3 months and I have been so blessed with her kindness, generosity and talent. In my final package there were pretty flower seeds, gardening gloves, a little bird house plant stake, a beautiful glass calla lily necklace, a gorgeous garden journal, a cute, cute tote with birds on it, licorice for a treat and the most awesomist (I know its not a word, but it should be :) plant stake she made from an old bottle for a rod or dowel, a small plate, an old candle holder with a marble in the center. It looks just like a flower and it will have a place of honor in my peony garden. Thank You Ruth does not seem enough for all the happy days you have given me with your packages, notes, postcards and magazine subscription, you truly are an amazing secret sister.

Debbie and Joan I can't thank you enough for being 2 of the greatest hostesses. Thank You for all the hard work and time you put into this swap. I so hope we will continue to have it.

Many Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

MrsTracy
True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile
I received my lovely box from my SS a few weeks ago but as we were dealing with a birth and other life changing things I wasn't able to come on and say thank you. So I'll say it now, THANK YOU! I love the beautiful beaded bracelet. You have SO much talent! I loved everything in it! God bless you. I remember thinking how much a blessing it was to come home and find that box after having such a hideous day! Thank you!

Aspiring Titus II and Proverbs 31 Lady.
Go to Top of Page

MrsTracy
True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:34:50 PM  Show Profile
To my SS, Wendy, I wanted so much to get your box to you earlier but our finances hit a turn and we had family issues piling up. I don't know if you got it yet but it was mailed out last week. I pray that you enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

MrsTracy
True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:45:12 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I know how busy you've been. I was wondering if you were able to convey that message to my SS?

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:53:15 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Tracy I did convey your message, I am sorry I thought I emailed you and told you. All is good:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:57:42 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
What a bounty you received. the plant stake is so
pretty, I love the colors.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile
My dear Joyce, You are so welcomed!! I have enjoyed every minute of being your SS. I am so happy you enjoyed all my little trinkets over the past months. Hugs and Hugs to you!!!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Julie,
You are the greatest. I got home to find this wonderful package I love the entire gift. These potholders are great I love them and the towel and those place mats. I love everything. Thank you so much again for being my ss. You have been very thoughtful and I know how busy you are this time of year. Like you I want to dig in the dirt. Happy planting. Would love to meet you some day. Thank you again for all the wonderful surprises you have sent me.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

MrsTracy
True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  10:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for my lovely gift box Kat!!! The little sunflower is going into a special pot dedicated to my first and only granddaughter, Sally Victoria! The beads will be put to use post haste and the gloves are being used this weekend! Thank you for your kind and generous spirit!

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  3:48:15 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Peggy, What a wonderful surprise I received when we got home today. Your "reveal" package. I never looked at the boxes (post mark) when they came because I didn't want to have any idea who they might be from, so I was totally blown away :)!
I am a tea type of gal, so you really nailed this one, as well as all the others. You do know me well, sweet lady!
I love the two tea cups & saucers w/little spoons. (On the photo, I took photos of both cups facing different directions.) Yummy Tea to put in the cups. Love the geranium napkins (like you I love the color red). The cutest green polka dot dress note pad w/pen - almost to cute to use, but I will. Sweet shopping bag with Butterflies, that say "Spring"! Will go shopping with me this weekend :) A lovely Victoria Tea Book ( a quick look, there are lots of recipes and ideas), a neat Stitch/Craft magazine, can't wait to get into that. A Beth Moore Book (love her). Then a Beautiful note telling me you were my Secret Sister. And I will add a very, very special Secret Sister.
Thank you from the bottom of my little heart, you are a very special lady and friend. You sure know how to spoil your Secret Sister, and I was the blessed gal being spoiled :).
love you,

Ruthie

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  3:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Mrs. Tracy it was fun being your secret sister. So glad you can use the beads. Congratulations on your grandaughter!

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

http://lazymomgardener.wordpress.com/

http://littlehawkyarns.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

BarnHeart
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Autumn
New Albany IN
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  6:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Sherry (Sweetea59) -

My package came in the mail yesterday and I wasn't home to enjoy it until today. WOWZA, lady! You sure know how to spoil a gal! I love how thoughtful each and every one of your gifts have been, and this was no different. I loved reading about you and your family, and wish you all the best. I hope we're swap partners in a future swap as well - I'd love to spoil you like you have me!

Anyway, onto the goodies. :) I got several packages of seeds (basil, squash, radish, moonflower, and forget me not) that I can't wait to get in the dirt...only a week away now from our frost-free date, woohoo! Also a beautiful, vibrant pair of garden gloves that are almost too pretty to get dirty! The cutest little flower shaped watering spout. Notecards, paper, and a beautiful journal. A package of napkins that will look great next to the cup of watermelon peach mango tea and package of blueberry scones mix (I'll have to invite girlfriends to enjoy with me!), a little wall plaque that says "Discover the small joys tucked in the corners of each day," which is a beautiful statement. A flour sack towel with a bright and cheery design. A super cute kleenex pouch cover in a pretty pink print. And a lovely skein of merino yarn that I'm already forming ideas about what it will become. Oh, THANK YOU!!!

You are so very sweet and thoughtful. I am blessed to have had you as my Secret Sister! Sending a big ole' Hoosier Hug from Indiana!!!

I love wool! Visit my website: www.heartfeltwool.com
Blogging successes and failures at: www.thegrastysyarden.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  04:30:08 AM  Show Profile
So excited to find out who my secret sister is...I have been keeping watch in my mail...Maybe today I will find out...
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  01:11:34 AM  Show Profile
OOOHHHH RUTH...YOU were so much FUN to have as a Secret Sister...especially since you had me once and blessed my
socks off too!!! And you made me that ever so Sweet and Adorable Scotty Dish Drainer Quilt. You were Fabulous to me.

Enjoy the tea cups and tea...wish we could sit down and share a cup....wouldn't that be Lovely?

Big Hugs and Wishes for a Wonderful Summer,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  3:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy I would just love to have a cup of tea, or two with you. I almost feel like we are neighbors, but there is a whole country in between us! Dave and I are heading out West the end of May, but won't make it all the way to you :( . We are going to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons. Plan to be gone for two weeks. We will fly to Denver and travel as much as time will allow. Have so much to see, lots on my "bucket list" :-)

You were an awesome swap partner :-) . Thanks again for everything.
Many hugs,
Ruthie

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  4:22:40 PM  Show Profile
You are flying into Denver? My son is the Baggage Supervisor at the Denver Airport, and it is less than two hours from my home in the mountains. Ummm! But, you will be heading the opposite direction of our home:-( And you can meet Marilyn too MountainMama, she lives just a few minutes from me.
When do you fly into Denver and how long will you be there? Just Curious:-)

Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 27 2013 4:51:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  4:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie...your plans sound like so much fun!!! Hope you have the best time ever and get to cross off
many of your Bucket List Wants. The thing I love about our Bucket lists is that we can just keep
adding to them...as time allows.

Enjoy yourself and do everything you can do in that two week period. Life is too short not to Have Fun While You Can!

Love and Big Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  5:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh my what a wonderful surprise in the mail today.....so excited it is just like Christmas, Birthdays, I have so enjoyed your packages in the mail...today I found out who my secret sister was MARILYN #408
Thank you so much for the lovely gifts: couple bars of soap, old cook books(which I just love), calender, cross stitch, note pads, angel box, magazine, hand towel, wash cloth, pot holders. Oh how I just loved the jean purse you made. I emptyed my old purse and put everything in the one I got today. I will post a picture of ALL my goodies I got tomorrow. I have been under the weather today, so the package couldn't of came in at the right time.
Thank you again , so loved all the thoughtful gifts. so excted to do this again....
Hugs Deb

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
168 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  05:49:59 AM  Show Profile
Debra, I am so glad that you liked the things I sent, I did not make the purse. I think I forgot to put my farmgirl name on my card I am Mountain mama, I think I forgot to put that on your card. Hope you are feeling better. I have enjoyed sending you little things. Hope to have you again as a partner in a swap. Enjoy your summer. I have been on vacation and was afraid your gifts would be late.

Marilyn
Farmgirl #408
Stress relief: go fishing, play in the dirt. go on a road trip, talk to a farmgirl.
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Here is some pictures of my "Secret Sister" gifts I recieved...
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart to the top:)
This was so...much fun....
hugs Deb

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  11:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Deb, that purse looks so "cool" :-) what is it made of. Did your SS make it?

This was a great swap and our Hostesses did a fantastic job!
Hug, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  6:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Ruth it is made out of jean's..just love it..really like being part of the farmgirl site..you meet so many new farmgirl friends. My secret sister was the BEST...:)Thank you again for all the lovely gifts.
Hugs Deb

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  5:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Debra,
I really like that denim purse. It is so cute!
Did you say who your SS was or did I miss it?

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  5:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I missed it.
Marilyn, You sure sent some nice things to Deb.
thanks for sharing.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  6:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Mountain Mama was my secret sister...so enjoyed my secret sister
she was the best...
Deb

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page