Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

MagnoliaGirl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Diane
Hermitage Arkansas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  09:49:27 AM  Show Profile

Thank you to our hosts Debbie and Joan for organizing this project. It is sad about the Secret-Sister results and I probably would not join another one either.
I wonder if maybe some of the sisters who sign up have the best intentions, but then forget they agreed to follow through. At least that is what I hope. It has been fun and a connecting experience for the sisters who planned and mailed gifts to their ‘sister’. And girls... April isn’t over...maybe gifts are still to be sent or received. Note: If you are a Secret-Sister and you did not follow through with your promise... you can still redeem the time. If you feel badly about being neglectful...do what true farm girls do....FIX-IT :) mail cards or gifts as you promised, it is not too late....((Hugs to all ))

Sister 4595 loves to Smile, Laugh & Giggle!
~Creative Stitching at Sweet Bay Magnolia~
http://dianedoodles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  5:41:41 PM  Show Profile

I found out who is my Secret Sister! Debra (Sunflowercritters).
Debra, I have enjoyed all the surprises that you have sent my way.
I looked up your blog. You must live a wonderful life.
I love the bag you sent me with the goodies stuffed inside the pockets. The bag is beautiful. I can certainly make good use of it with summer coming on. Our first trip is in three weeks to Abilene, Tx, for a rodeo. This bag will certainly be on my shoulder. My IPad will fit snugly inside. The size 12" high, 18" wide and 7" deep is just right for stuffing all my travel musts into. I could not believe that you sent me a package of Lays potato chips. Every time we go on a trip I buy a Diet Coke and a bag of Lays potato chips on our first stop. My favorite snack.
Thanks again and Hugs.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  7:26:47 PM  Show Profile
It is so sad to see the end of S.S.( Hopefully just for now). But Debbie and Joan you both did an excellent job it is not your fault that
sisters did not follow through as they should. But this S.S. was awesome fort me . I had the best treasure hunt while doing this. Even my Hubby noticed. He said, " You love doing that don't cha" .
But I want to say THANK YOU for all the hard work that you both did and I speak for all the sisters we so appreciate it.
Love you both!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  09:03:09 AM  Show Profile
Debbie & Joan - Thank you both for taking this secret sister on; I am fully aware of the problems hosting this brings; as I have hosted the secret sisters several times. When I saw that so many sisters had signed up for this I was hopeful that things would work out quite smoothly...

I still, to this day, cannot undestand why this happens!

Thanks again, Joan and Debbie for all your hard work and time!
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  1:25:33 PM  Show Profile
I still haven't sent my "reveal" package yet. Still getting it together but it will go out the beginning of next week. Haven't gotten the reveal package from my SS yet and can't wait to learn who has been spoiling me.
Debbie and Joan: Please know that you have done a wonderful job and we all so appreciate all the work you did to host this swap. You have no control over other people's actions. You have been great!! Hugs to you both, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  9:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Joan and Debbie, I have had a wonderful time with this swap just trying to figure out what I wanted to send to my SS, I know she liked it all and I think you two are awesome for putting this together, what a lot of hard work collecting the names, picking SS partners, that takes a lot of time and planning. I am so sorry for all those who tried to make it work and did make so many happy, Mine made me very happy.
My SS sent me a package today and I can't upload on this computer so can show what I received but it was so special, I got the cutest towel with the crochet top to hang. The towel has a kitchen window and a flower box on the outside with geraniums in them and sitting on top of them just relaxing and happy is a tuxedo kitty wit green eyes and contented face. so cute! Also a really nice sketch book I can practice my zentangling and my writing with my new quill pen and ink and 5 rolls of really cute ribbon. I love it all.
She said she would surprise me with a reveal package soon. I am really excited about that.
People think before you sign up, sometimes something gets in the way and you can't do a swap but let the hostess know that your computer broke or you just aren't able to follow through. It is the best thing you can do and go to the Library and borrow a computer there if you can't use yours. That way no one is hurt or angry. We just want everyone to be happy and there are the angels out there that will help if only they know they are needed. Communication....
I love you all
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile
My dear Sue, thank you so much for all your thoughtful and wonderful SS gifts. You were a wonderful SS to me!

The handpainted wine glass is adorable, the cute storage box, packet of basil (yummy) candle holder, gifts cards ME, and the cutest pink socks I ever seen.
:)

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  11:46:45 AM  Show Profile
so excited to find out who my secret sister is...so looking forward to found out who:)

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  6:36:06 PM  Show Profile
Diana! You spoil me so. Thank you for being my secret sister. The blue and white apron is my favorite of all. Oh my, I'm in love. I can't wait to try some of the recipes and the lotion is yummy smelling. Thanks again!

Kat

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

http://lazymomgardener.wordpress.com/

http://littlehawkyarns.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile

Jenne...thank you so much for being a wonderful secret sister. My husband enjoyed the surprise packages as much as I did. The shawl you sent in the reveal package will certainly be used. After being in Texas for almost 4 years the Michigan weather has me chilled to the bone. I wrapped up in it this evening while we watched a movie...was just what I needed. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Thank you Joan and Debbie...know that you can only do so much...and you're appreciated.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/sets/72157627628326507/
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  06:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Christy,
I am so happy you like the things I chose for you.
It is so much fun and gratifying to make a gift for
someone and know they are enjoying it. I hope you have
many cozy warm times in it.
Jenne

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness what a wonderful surprise last night in the mail. My wonderful secret sister is Erin aka mtngrlbythebay. She has been such a wonderful ss. My reveal box had the absolute best card form her, got to learn a little about who she is and her likes. So on to the gift, it is such a relaxing one. Dear foam slippers cute and pink, love them! Barista coffee and Starbucks cocoa...yummy, cherry kisses and a super Gooseberry Patch cookbook to read. Also got a darling welcome sign with a bee on it, oh I am hoping to have some bee hives soon, just love the little critters. And last but not least some really cute earrings my daughter is hoping to get to wear. Thank you so much Erin this was really fun and you have really outdone yourself. Love it all!

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  09:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have THE BEST ss EVER :) I'm so excited to tell you my story...

Today I had to go to the post office to mail a letter, I saw this really pretty box with dragonflies on it - and thought to myself, how beautiful! I love that paper! Someone is going to be excited to open that box! Well...hahahaha the post office lady said to me - oh, I have a box here for you, and it was the dragonfly box...I was THRILLED. I waited patiently until my three kids were down for nap/quiet time and am now sitting with my cup of tea and just opened my box :) It was torture waiting, but I wanted to do it in quiet...well, I'll tell you what was torture, when I opened up my notecard, just to find out that she wouldn't tell me in her letter, I had to go and find a little envelope in a notebook!!heehee...it was torture but a ton of fun..and who is it?? JOAN!!! :D SimpleLiving...and she just spoiled me for the past months. I just loved getting her gifts, and she made this GORGEOUS birdhouse for me..can you believe it - she MADE IT!!! And then, I had all these beautiful notebooks she especially made for me, with music in mind (I'm a music teacher) and also a gardening book and scrapbook paper - all this just for me for things I love..I feel soo spoiled and am just so thankful to have had you as my secret sister Joan - Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! Hugs Joyce
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  1:36:53 PM  Show Profile
I got my Secret Sister reveal package last night and I couldn't post for crying. My hubby was laughing because every time I said look at this I would wail.
So my Secret Sister is TammyC. I didn't really know because I wanted to be surprised. And my awesome sweet crafty friend did just that. Tammy there are no words big enough to say Thank you. Oh my goodness sisters here is why my S.S sent me...

1. An awesome vintage journal which I Love to bits.
2. Good Gracious Cook Book Country recipes
3.Vintage Book of Paper Crafts( she knows I love vintage).
4. Plastic bags full of tags, charms, stickers, vintage photos, paper flowers, and tin of little ribbons, sticker tags, decorated clothes pins..
5. A Victorian days Remember Book/Calendar
6.Chocolate Sea Salt Cashews , they're gone. Yummy
7. Lavender (Scottish) Soap, whew that smells good , 2 bottles of shower gel, French Vanilla Hand therapy cream
8. Mary Englebreit 1 package of note cards and 1 tablet and ink pen
9. A stamp that says Tea is a cup of Life.
10. And a beautiful necklace and a bracelet with little square boxes with pictures of scrappy girl, farmgirl sayings and vintage pic of girls. It is just so beautiful. (Did you make that Tammy).The necklace has a vintage pic and says scrap sisters.
11. And a beautiful paperbag she decorated to put some of it in.
My sweet sister thank you so much. Does my sweet sister know me or what. No wonder all the wonderful things that I got from her was so totally me,
she knows me very well.

Thank you my sweet sister I am giving you the Biggest Hug . I can't say enough. Love Marlee

Sending you an email my friend.

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  1:38:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh and a big bag of Reese's (mini's).
Hugs Marlee

Working on those!!!!!lol

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  3:13:44 PM  Show Profile
wohoo Marlee! Isn't it fun?? How exciting :) I'm so happy to see and read the "reveal" letters :)
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  3:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Lovely gifts everyone, glad more secret sisters are being revealed with more everyday.
Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  3:39:26 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing all the pictures of all the
goodies everyone got. This has been so much fun.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  5:31:46 PM  Show Profile
It is so much fun Joyce! All the reveals to see who is who.

Marlee

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  5:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, I loved being your Secret Sister. It was so much fun looking for things that I thought you would like, and finally being able to make you things!! I am just so glad you liked everything and had a good time with this swap. Having you made it so much fun for me! Thanks to Debbie and Joan for all of their hard work, time and LOVE they put into making this a great swap. We appreciate you sooo much. You are the best!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  6:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marlee, yes I did make the necklace and bracelet...with you in my mind the whole time :)

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  10:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Christy, I have had an email from your SS, and I did email you. She has gotten your packages and is thrilled with them. She has been having computer trouble and not been able to access MJF. So, know she is appreciative and just was unable to let you know. I am just so happy that her and her family are alright, as you never know what could be going on in someones life.
Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 23 2013 10:58:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

Thanks Debbie for being a great and caring Hostess.

Thank you for all the fun this Secret Sister provided. I'm very pleased with all the gifts and being able to see what others recieved. You have all filled a void in my life and I'm greatful for each and everyone of you. This was so exciting, hope to be able to do another some time.

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Brenda, it means a lot that you enjoyed this round and it brought happiness to your life. That is what SS is all about.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  11:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Marlee...Oh, Yes Tammy C. knows how to spoil one really well!!! She is an Expert Spoiler like nobody else I know.

I am so glad that you got to be the Recipient of her Wonderful Pkgs of Love and Thoughtfulness.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page