Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  10:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Christy
I am so sorry for you bad experience. Please don't give up on secret sisters. As you have seen, most of the girls are wonderful at posting proper Thank Yous.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  11:07:44 AM  Show Profile
Christy...I have been in Secret Sisters for 4 years (I think). I have experienced it all...and I know how disappointing it is when
you don't even know if your pkg got to your Secret Sister or not. That seems so rude and UN-appreciative. But I have to tell you...
that this happens every Swap...and I don't care what Swap it is. There are always those who sign-up who should never do a swap because
they have no intentions of ever following through...and that is just sad. Oh, they like receiving just can't be bothered with giving.
And there are always those who think they have less hours in their day than you do...so can't be bothered to let you know that they
got all your lovely gifts.

Well Girl, I decided a long time ago that I WAS NOT GOING TO LET THOSE TYPES OF PEOPLE RUIN MY FUN AND EXPERIENCE ON MJF. LIFE IS TOO
SHORT AND THERE IS TOO MUCH FUN TO BE HAD!
I don't have time to waste being hurt or disappointed. So, I take control of my experience by sending thoughtful little
gifts to Farm Sisters that I love and appreciate and admire when there isn't even a Swap Going On. And they do the same for me.
Also, had I been you...after the second gift that was not responded to...I would have let the Hostess Know that you would no
longer be sending another gift to that person. You have to take charge and decide to make your MJF Experience Fun and delightful
despite those kinds of people.

On The Swaps I Hostess...If I hear that a Farm Sister has not sent out what she is suppose to she is immediately dropped from my
Swaps for good. I don't want my gals feeling like you do right now. I would rather have the Offender have hurt feelings than the
gals who are really committed to the Spirit of MJF hurt over her indifference.

I am not saying that Debbie handled this wrong...far from it. I am saying that it is more your responsibility to how you plan to
deal with people like this in the Future. If you drop out over hurt feelings...YOU LOSE! That is more sad to me than what has
happened to you. Abraham Lincoln once said "People are about as Happy as the want to be." In other words take control yourself
and determine that no one is going to hurt your feelings again on MJF. That you are going to make the Experience the Best It Can
Be and that anyone who tries to rain on your party...will get personally uninvited.

Hope this sheds a little bit of a different perspective on the situation. WE CAN NOT CHANGE ANYONE BUT OURSELVES. (Even if we are
the good person in the situation).

Love and Hugs and Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 14 2013 11:13:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  11:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann you said it all just right. Thank you
And Christy hang in there, there are alot of great farmgirl sisters out there I know.
Have a great week.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  12:06:58 PM  Show Profile
As the hostess of this swap I am sadden by your post and I do understand Christy your feelings but, I wish you would have contacted me about how unhappy you have truly been as I could have fixed it. I did my very best to do everything I could to see that everyone did what they were suppose to when I got emails from you gals. But, I guess I did not do my job good enough and I am so sorry. But, in the emails I did get from you Christy you did not express your concern quite like you have here and I feel horrible as now it is too late for me to do something about it. Peggy, there were SS I would not allow to join because of past performances, but Christy's SS was not one of them as she had always followed through and was a good SS.
Again I am sorry Christy you are so unhappy with our Secret Sister Swap and me, I can not fix what I do not know was so badly broken and just wish I had known how unhappy you were.
I too am very unhappy by your post, and my heart is broken too, I just do not understand why you did not send me the email instead of posting it on the forum, it is not usually done that way.

Again I am sorry I let you down and anyone else who thinks I have let them down as I truly did my very best, perhaps someone else will want to do the next SS. Yes, I am taking this to heart and it hurts me, my tears and apologizes can not make it right.

Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
[/quote]

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 14 2013 12:09:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  12:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Debbie you always do a wonderful job with swappes. Things just happen sometimes.
Farmgirl hugs to you.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  1:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Your swaps have always been good for me debbie and I understand how Christie feels but communication is the word we all need to remember, so our hostess is on the same page of what is happening, she can't fix it if she doesn't know what is happening.
I have enjoyed this swap but am waiting for my reveal person. I love doing this no matter what.
You farm girls ROCK!
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Apr 14 2013 1:11:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  3:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow, where to begin....first of all I have to thank Debbie for the TREMENDOUS amount of time and effort put into this swap, especially given the fact that she did this during such a horrific time in her personal life (if you don't already know, her husband just went through a truly life-threatening surgery after months of pain, diagnosis, etc). There were so many farmgirls in this swap to keep track of, I just can't imagine all the work involved. I personally know how much Debbie wanted this swap to be fun and wonderful for all of us. Debbie is a wonderful farmgirl, friend and hostess and she takes this commitment very seriously. I know how upset she must be to think that anyone is unhappy with the swap. So, we all need to give her a giant pat on the back and a huge farmgirl hug for taking this on!

Like Peggy said, this happens in just about every single swap. There are always farmgirls who don't follow through with their end of the swap or they complain about what they got, or they don't acknowledge their gifts. I just went through the exact same thing in the last swap I was in. One of my swap partners (I had two) received her package and I never got so much as a thank you either on the forum or by personal email. She had another partner whose gift never got acknowledged either. I would have loved to post a scathing comment on the forum, but a) it's not the hostesses fault and b) I just don't think we need to air our complaints on the forum..best to send a private email. I guess I am a bit cynical, but I really don't believe that there are very many valid excuses for not acknowledging a gift. To me, it's just plain lack of class and manners. The old "I'm going through a tough time" just doesn't cut it. It takes 5 minutes to go on the computer and say a quick but heartfelt thank you. That's really all anybody wants...to have their efforts acknowledged. That said, there is only so much a swap hostess can do, especially if she doesn't know what's going on. Unfortunately, the type of person who doesn't acknowledge a gift probably isn't going to respond to the hostess either! That person is just rude..period.

Like Peggy, I have now become extremely picky about the swaps I join. Sadly, there are farmgirls who have been mean, rude, flaky, etc. who still continue to sign up for swaps. When I see their names on the signups, I immediately say "nope..no way". I, like Peggy, have taken mostly to sending out little surprise packages to my friend-farmsisters for no reason other than I want to. That has become more fun for me than an actual swap. It's just too bad that some thoughtless women have ruined it for others.

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  3:41:39 PM  Show Profile

Thank You so much Tina for being my Secret Sister. I have really enjoyed all the wonderful things you sent me. Yes, I will have Tea and Scones with you. I do like scones. Will try the recipe you sent this week.

Sorry about the mistakes I made in the beginning. It's the first Secret Sister I ever participated in. It was such joy and excitement to recieve things from someone I never met. It means a lot when someone takes time to purchase or make things for another. I will always remember the kindness and caring.

Thanks again,
Lavender Rose aka Brenda

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Apr 14 2013 3:45:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  4:40:32 PM  Show Profile
You Sisters are the BEST!

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  2:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Mine is on the way:) tomorrow... keep watch...
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  3:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I am so glad you were pleased with everything.I had a great time being your secret sister!

~Tina

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

Farm Hen
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Shannon
Salmon Idaho
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  10:04:08 PM  Show Profile
To my wonderful Farmgirl Secret Sister. Finally got my pictures uploaded. Thank you so much for everything. I have really enjoyed your treats and coffees. So has my husband :). I am using all my gifts. Thank You!
Go to Top of Page

Farm Hen
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Shannon
Salmon Idaho
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  10:19:51 PM  Show Profile

My granddaughter hung the bird house in the crab apple tree.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  05:44:17 AM  Show Profile
Patsy Baker...our very own Dirt Duchess was my secret sister. Patsy, thank you so very much for bringing some much needed sunshine into the last few months of my life. Every single time I would open up a box, I would oooh and aaah over everything and be humbled by your thoughtfulness and kindness. This last box just about did me in. I love the seeds, the book, I LOVE Carolly Erickson and I have not read the book you sent me yet. The soap is amazing, even my older son said mom that smells so good!! The umbrella is so very cute and I just love it. But the thing that touched me the most was the amazing book that you made me. I am still looking at in in awe. Girls, she made an amazing book with tons of pictures and glimpses into her life. It was so awe inspiring to learn about another farmgirl sister in her own words and through the pictures of her life. I am not a picture person, in fact, I will run for my life when I see a camera coming. But after being gifted with this wonderful book, it is something that I want to do myself. Patsy, again thank you so very much for being my secret sister. I could not have asked for a better one and I hope we stay in touch for many many years.

much love and big hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  11:22:13 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to tell y'all that I got a WONDERFUL package from my secret sister. I will post pics tomorrow. I got the best smelling citrus soap, a little strainer just the perfect shade of green and a necklace I love. I really enjoyed your node and can't wait to find out who you are. Thank you so much for my goodies.
I will be sending out my package this week. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  03:09:49 AM  Show Profile

Marcy,
I am so glad you liked my Secret Sister gifts. I had so much fun trying to find things that I thought you would like. I am so appreciative that you loved my book. I have probably a thousand pictures that I have taken. It was hard for me to decide which ones to use. I have never done a book like this one before. Yours was the first. I hope to do more.
I joined your blog. You are so talented.
Take care. Will be looking for you in the MJF forums.
Hugs,

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  06:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Karla,

Happy to let you know I'm your Secret Sister, but what has happened to you? Did you get the last 2 packages? Hope nothing is wrong.

It has been a lot of fun being your Secret Sister. Sending you an email.

Lavender Rose aka Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  09:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Happy to hear Sisters are being revealed.
It is with a sad heart that I tell you I will not host the next Secret Sister. Joan and I did not realize how many Sisters did not follow through and we have unhappy sisters. I understand now a bit better why no one wanted to be the hostess of Secret Sister, not sure why I thought I could make it better and fix the boo boos. I do not understand why farmgirls sign up for a swap or barter if they are not going to follow through, do you realize the sisters you hurt? So Sad.
I apologize to each and every farmgirl Secret Sister, I know it is not my fault, but it hurts me to know that some of my Secret Sisters were hurt by this and are unhappy.
Perhaps it is time to set Secret Sister on the back shelf for awhile as our hostess of RAOK did.
Thank you to all the Secret Sisters who did care about your Sisters and wanted to make them happy, all of you are the best.
Many Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 17 2013 09:33:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  10:19:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sad to hear about this Joan and Debbie - but I do understand your reasons...but I WILL miss it sooo much :(
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  11:14:22 AM  Show Profile
Debbie and Joan...I GET IT...BUT IT IS SOOOOOOO SAD! I will really miss it...but like you said, maybe if it just sits on the Back
Burner for awhile people will really miss it and want to truly dedicate themselves at a later date. I Hosted this Swap one Round
like you girls did...and my heart broke for all the girls whose Secret Sister did not follow through. WHY FOR THE LIFE OF ME SIGN UP
for something you aren't going to do. That just baffles my brain to no end.

OK...THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL YOU
TWO DID TO TRY TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFUL ROUND FOR EVERYONE. YOU ARE TOTALLY LOVED AND APPRECIATED!

WARM HUGS AND THANKFULNESS,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  2:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I sent you an email

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  3:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey SS's. I truely am sorry to hear that some of you didn't get happy thoughts or anything from your SS. Debbie and I are sick over this. We wish we could have been everybody's angel at this time. I had a great time hosting with our dear Debbie and thank you to all who participated and didn't let your SS down :)

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  3:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Debbie & Joan - I can't find the words to thank you both for organizing this swap - the HOURS you have spent and the constant support and guidance throughout the whole process...saying "thank you" doesn't seem enough - but thank you :) I'm so sorry that it will be ending and I wish it were on a happy note, not a sad note, you are ending the ss, but please know you are both appreciated and loved by many :) HUGS! Joyce
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  7:06:46 PM  Show Profile
I agree both Joan and Debbie have been wonderful. So sad when our farmgirl family seem to fail to do their end of the swaps. Most of us all seem to do our best at making our swap partner happy and bring a smile their way. I do Thank both Joan and Debbie as I feel they have been exceptional.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  07:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Joan and Debbie,
I am so sorry to see the Secret Sister end. I hope it
will return soon. I have enjoyed it very much and I
appreciate all the time and effort that was put into
this swap. You are both special Farmgirls.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page