Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic
Page: of 15

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3480 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3480 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  12:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Jenne....first Happy belated Birthday. Boy your gift looks beyond wonderful, enjoy it all.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  1:00:06 PM  Show Profile
It sounds as though you had a good birthday Jenne, That yellow apron just says Spring, I love it.
hugs.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  2:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Secret Sister,
I just your your postcard from Cozumel, it only took almost 2 months to get here. I love Cozumel so much we go for a week every winter, I missed you by 2 weeks. Thank you for the nice surprise in my mailbox today, I am so touched you thought of me on your vacation and in each port, cruises are so much fun aren't they.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  3:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your package and card secret sis!
I have been slammed at work and travelling arond my great state, so I have not been on the forum for awhile. Your box arrived Monday, and I gobbled up the huge p-nut butter cup while fending of my dog and husband! The assortment of sticky notes is wonderful! I'll be leaving love notes all over the place for Hubby! I'll get a picture your wonderful package up soon (minus the p-nut butter cup)
YOu have been a blessing to me these last few months, and I am looking forward to meeting you.
Thank you dearest sister!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

my doTerra essential oils online store:
http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/tracyajohnson/

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  05:46:54 AM  Show Profile

Dear Secret Sister,
I returned home yesterday from a fun trip of back roads and antiquing and checked my mailbox. Wow! A huge box from you. Just made my day. Fingered through all the tissue paper and found...a book on Blocks and Projects, knitting needles, pink yarn, a knitting book, goat soap, a pretty porcelain box, scarecrow and turkey material, tea and sweets. And a real diamond-like ring. Love jewelry. The tea and sweets made our after dinner time. I have been wanting to learn how to knit so now I am really going to try.
Thank you so much. Just can't wait to find out who you are.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  05:01:51 AM  Show Profile
My secret sister is absolutely THE best. I have received the nicest and sweetest things. So who is she? I will now give Darlene a great big thank you and wish I could give her a hug in person. Darlene, what a special person you are. This last package with the candy, art things and beautiful post card of the glass beach in CA are wonderful. I am unable today to post a picture because my computer is down and I am writing this on my neighbor's laptop. Please forgive me as I would really like everyone to see what you sent me.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  08:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Marlee, Marlee, Marlee is my secret sister, so glad to meet you my dear! What a wonderful secret sister you have been to me! My reveal package arrived today, the chocolate is already gone and also included: a really beautiful scrapbook/memory book. Did you make that! Really, really nice! Lots of material (for my stash), Cute sticky notes, a brunette headed doll to dress, a sachet, some lace, an air freshner doll. You were truly good to me, and I so agree with the treasure hunt you spoke of in your note; I, too, am always on the look out for little gifties for my farmgirl sisters! Thanks again Marlee!
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  11:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Dear Secret Sister,

First, an apology for taking so very, very long to post this thank you. I have just finished a MAJOR exam for school that took me weeks to write. I am just now able to pick up the pieces for the rest of my life...but all is well : )

I so appreciate the wonderful Peanut's Gang box that you sent and all of the goodies inside. Thanks for the little garden "rock", the dried tropical fruits (yum!), the peanuts stickers, and the pretty blue notecards. Your gifts are so thoughtful. And most of all, thank you for your good wishes and your prayers. You have been a bright spot during a very busy time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to see that secret sisters are being revealed and I love all the happiness coming through with the words you write. I sure hope all of you had as much fun as I have had reading all your post and helping where I can, being your hostess with Joan has been such a blessing for me, and I can not wait for our next one, watch for the details. I hope all of you will want to join us again for the next round to meet yet another new Secret Sister and getting all the wonderful farmgirl mail in your box.
Remember Sisters you have 22 days left to reveal yourselves to your Secret Sister, I know all are waiting patiently.
Thank you all for making this one of the best and most rewarding Secret Sisters and I look forward to hostessing again for the next round.
Joan are you up to it?
Hugs to all,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  2:15:40 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am so glad you liked everything. It was hard for me not to say anything.
I thoroughly enjoyed putting it together.
Hugs to you
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  2:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sue, I was so happy to be your Secret Sister. I enjoyed the treasure hunt every month. I am so glad you enjoyed all the goodies that I sent you. And yes I did make the scrapbook/journal . I thought you could put things in it from all the sewing you do. From patterns etc... Whatever you want to use it for. You were always so appreciative, it always made me happy. And your welcome!
Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  11:55:29 PM  Show Profile

OH MY GOODNESS MARCY LUNDY...you get the Award for spoiling a Farm Sister until she stinks like the pig-pen. LOL
Can I just say...I think we are twins...because you just know my likes and loves so well. How can that be humanely
possible!? I don't know...but I do know that this has been such a Delightful Experience this Round of Secret Sisters.
I have had good rounds, bad rounds, nothing rounds and fabulous rounds in the past. But I have never had anyone get
it so "Spot-On". Thank You So Much!
This is what I got...as you can't see it all very well in the picture.

1. A Wonderful Revealing Card
2. A Flower Bracelet that I know you made...and I Love,Love, Love it!
3. The Charm Necklace I thought was for me until I read the pkg and it is for my car! My Sassy Car (VW Bug) will love it.
I call her Sassy because she has Eye Lashes with Purple Rhinestone Eye-Liner....around her head lights. And Yes, I put
them there. I get so many great reactions with her. So, more Bling for Sassy is always good! LOL
4. Mary E. Friendship Stationery and Pen (I had just looked at those yesterday at Michaels and almost bought them...but
got Mary E. Teapot Stationery instead for a Tea Swap. So, yahoo...I got them anyway!
5. Two adorable tiny white ceramic birds...already sitting amongst my plants with other birds.
6. A bird Tea Bag Holder...I'm presuming. So Sweet.
7. Note Card Stock...always nice to have for my Mail Art Swaps.
8. Note Pad
9. Adorable Journal
10. Two Skeins of Yarn...which I hope I can find more on-line because I want to knit a Shawl with it.
In fact started it tonight. (I have always been optimistic!) LOL
11. A Button Factory...what FUN that is going to be. Can't Wait to play with that.
12. Dark Dove Chocolate...one of my favorites.
13. Hazelnut and Choc. Supreme Cocoas.
14. Shea Butter Strawberry Lip Balm
15. A Craft Magazine that is so Wonderful that I am going
to buy one for My Secret Sister's Reveal Box too. Lots
of cool projects I want to try in there. Fun Stuff!
16. A Tinee-Tiny little page book marker with a bird nest on it.

I hope I didn't miss anything! What a Huge Pick-Me-Up each of my
packages were. My family is going through a lot of ups and downs, highs and lows, including several huge Crisis we are dealing with.

So, I just want to say to Each Secret Sister out there...You Just
Never Know How God will use your love and generosity in the life
of someone else. To you...it might just be such a Fun thing to do...shop and fill a box of goodies for someone. But that someone
might just be hanging onto Life by a Thread at the moment...but your
thoughtfulness and love...might be just the Thing that keeps her going another day....because somebody really does care.

Thanks so Much Marcy...for strengthening my Thread!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 11 2013 12:05:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  06:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy,

It was an honor to be your secret sister. I tried so hard to pick out things that I thought you would like. I'm so glad that you did!! I thought I really took a chance on some of the things, but you seemed to like everything. YEAH!! lol!! Will always keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope we can stay in touch.

big hugs and much love
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Marcy on Apr 11 2013 06:15:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  08:23:52 AM  Show Profile
I have been following this thread from the beginning and every time I saw one of Peggy's pictures I thought WOW her Secret Sister really knows sweet Peggy!!! Good job Marcy!

I am almost ready to send out my reveal package but my husband ate something that was supposed to go in it :(

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  12:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Marcy....Tammy knows me really well too...another Sister who hangs out in me closet and loves a lot of the
Same things I do...so I could just hear her cheering you on in the background. "Yeah, she's going to love it!" Lol

Thanks for the love, prayers, and encouragements and yes...we must stay in touch!!!!

Love and Sguishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile
I had Marcy for a swap partner once and she is so good, Thanks again Marcy.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  3:27:11 PM  Show Profile
I checked my mail today as it has been a few days, and there is a big box from Julie (treelady). I knew it was her reveal gift for her SS, as she is on vacation and I ask Julie to send it to me, and when she returns from vacation she will make her own post.
But, also in the box was something for me, imagine my surprise to find out that Julie was half of my Secret Sister Team (Angels), my Dear Friend Joan was the other half. Don't you just love Angels? Wow, wow, I was so surprised and happy to know who had been sending me all the wonderful gifts and cards and now I know.
I have posted pictures of all the lovely gifts that I had received over the months and now I post the picture of my reveal gift from Julie. A beautiful MJF Pillow, I love it as I love pillows and it looks so nice on my bed, and a beautiful pink Girlfriends Book with wonderful Girlfriend/Sister Sentiments such a special gift. And, a sweet card, thank you so much Julie and Joan for always making me feel so special and sending just lovely gifts every month. As y'all know I love farmgirl mail, heck ask Tammy she will tell you, she and others are always sending a little gift or card, especially now with what I am going through with my hubby, it does not matter if it is just a card or a letter from my many pen pals, and other Sister Friends, I treasure it all as it was sent by very special farmgirls Sisters and there are many.
As has Peggy the last few months have been rough and we both seem to have a long road a head of us with our hubby's, but it is our farmgirl Sisters, who bring joy to our lives and can with just a little note put a smile on our faces, so thank all of you so very much. I feel Blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of women.
And again thank you all so very much for making the round of SS so successful and I hope all of you will join us for the next round.
Thank you again, and again Julie and Joan for being the very Special Farmgirl Sisters and Friends you are.
Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 11 2013 4:56:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  4:48:31 PM  Show Profile
As this round of Secret Sister winds down in just a couple of weeks I wanted to share with all of you the Secret Sisters who are still my very special friends and we still keep in close touch and it has been almost 4 years since I had my first Secret Sister.Now these are just the friends I have made through Secret Sister, not other Swaps and barters. In no particular order I am honored to call Sue Feely, Ruth Yarbrough, Shannon Carlson, my very first SS, (a young mother who lives in Canada), just received another long letter from Shannon today, Pam Barnes-Palty, Liz Taylor, and now Julie and Joan (Although Joan and I have been friends for sometime, and Julie and I have barter ed together a few times). Of course I probably missed a couple of farmgirls and I apologize, I can not find my list, it has been 4 years but you know who you are, each of you are very special and have touched my life and I thank all of you. And, this is why I chose with Joan to be the hostess now of SS, a wonderful way to meet and get to know wonderful women who have come into my life.
Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 12 2013 09:11:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7638 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7638 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  7:54:12 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful world we live in...Thank you for the farm and all the wonderful farm sisters.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  12:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Debbie...the pillow and journal are lovely! And isn't it true the Wonderful Friendships that can be made
from Secret Sisters (and yes, other Swaps too). It is just a huge blessing to find women all over the
country who become True Blue Friends and are there for you through thick and thin!

Thanks for Hostessing Secret Sisters and always being on here to enjoy and share together.

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1249 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1249 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  3:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy, You have been so sweet in this Secret Sister Swap. I received my reveal package today. Wow! I loved all my goodies. The apron you made. Another Dotee doll for my collection, she will be keeping the other two company now. Love love love the necklace and the sewing book, I just keep picking it up and looking through it. Now I want to go get started making something. Thanks for the journal, my coin pouch, the rubber stamps, the hankies, some great tea that I have not tried before. The little wooden tray is too cute, my grandaughter and I will have to have tea one afternoon and use the tray. And I can put the heart boxes to good use in my scrapbook-craft room. Nancy thank you so much for being a wonderful secret sister. I do not have a real sister so this has been so much fun for me. With all the surprise boxes that you have sent. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6651 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6651 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  3:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Everyone's reveal gifts are wonderful and seems to be perfect. Everyone has a lot of joy when they open their boxes and you can hear the happiness in your email's when you post. Thank you for that farmgirls, it is great!
I am so looking forward to the next one.
Love to all,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  05:02:45 AM  Show Profile
The recent Secret Sister Swap left me with a sour taste in my mouth...actually my heart. The lady who has been receiving my carefully thought out packages has not once acknowledged receipt of the packages. I wish I would have taken a photo of each one before I sent them out. I'm not a gushy, sweetie, honey type of person...but do need to know if what I do is appreciated...just a little bit. More than a note via the hostess of the swap that you've been out of town...that covered the first package...what about the others you've received??? I'm sorry if you've had some tragedy in your life that has taken up all of your time, prevented you from typing a thank you. Let someone know...those kinds of things can be overlooked, allowed for. You would most certainly need the bit of cheer that a package in the mail delivers...I'm all for that and could have showered you with kindness. I'm a good person. But I can't be a proper secret sister if I don't know these things. Or, drop out if you just can't be bothered.

I hope I have sufficiently acknowledged the packages I have received ... I did look forward to them and thank you for each and every item. It was a bit of sunshine for both my husband and myself. He texted me at work to let me know when they arrived...
"You got a package from your farm-girl friend today".

Sorry for the sourpuss post...I just want a good partner one of these times :(

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/sets/72157627628326507/
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  05:30:26 AM  Show Profile
I am glad you like everything Sherry. I have had a lot of fun being your SS. I don't have a sister either and always wanted one. Being on MJF has given me many "sister" friends.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  10:23:35 AM  Show Profile
Christy, I'm sorry you have had a bad experience :(!
Sending you hugs,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Thank you and Pictures Post Here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page