Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed Next Topic
Page: of 17

NancyOH1
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Nancy
Columbus Ohio
USA
88 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  11:44:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. Trying to catch up with the thread and everyone. I have received three new blocks this week from Toni, Marti, and Sally. All of the blocks are extremely beautiful.

I would be willing to participate in another block swap as well. Just let me know if the theme is the 4th of July and if we are using the flower star pattern.
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  12:41:32 PM  Show Profile
I haven't got Toni's yet. looking forward to seeing what the rest of these awesome blocks are.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  04:21:28 AM  Show Profile
hmmm I was looking at other patterns on the "to the pattern page" on this link that Terri gave us http://www.quilterscache.com/S/StarflowerBlock.html and The Attic pattern appealed to me more (maybe a little easier for a second time piecer?) I'm just not comfortable with something so intricate as all those triangle things yet. AND i do work full time too. so time is a thing to consider for me as well. however, whichever you ladies choose I'll do my best to make as lovely blocks as my talents permit :)

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  04:22:52 AM  Show Profile
I THINK the pattern i liked was called Attic Window.. and maybe this link? http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AtticWindowBlock.html what do you all think?

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  06:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Marti the Attic window block is probable harder than a star as you have to use a pattern or template and they can get wonky quick.
Elenor Burns is my hero in that she has very easy methods of making a star and having it turn out right every time.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on May 04 2013 06:58:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi,
Count me in, obviously.
Marti, I agree with Diana. I don't like templates. The star pattern is made up of half-square triangles and they are pretty easy to work with. They can also be mass produced, sting pieced, and several can be done at a time.
I already have my blue and red. Need to get some white.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  1:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Ok then. i trust u girls. the star thingie then lol. count me in please

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  7:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Shanda,
I got your block today. Love the colors and that pattern might work for the R-W-B one up next. What pattern is that?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  8:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi All,
Guess I am excited about this. I found a "July Fourth" pattern in the cache.
Terri
http://www.quilterscache.com/J/JulyFourthBlock.html
Go to Top of Page

Simply Silly
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Amy
Woodbine Georgia
USA
78 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

Terri, Isn't that the friendship star pattern "July Fourth"? Sounds appropriate! I really wanted to do a patriotic blanket next - so count me in! Amy

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:12:02 PM  Show Profile
I like that block too Terri. I may have to ask questions tho... pivoting at the square lines? er.. um. but i can do it!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:14:13 PM  Show Profile
I have gotten blocks from Diana, Sally, Shirley, Nancy, Amy, Terri, and Nancy. Still waiting for Shanda, Toni, Kim, Melinda and Nettie

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:14:47 PM  Show Profile
ooops, i only got one from Nancy lol

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile
I want a lil stop sign thingie under my name.. what is that?

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marti,
I was thinking it might be because we bought the Farmgirl necklace.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  2:58:49 PM  Show Profile

These are great stars How about any star you want. I really don't like to do 12 of the same.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Diana,
Those are wonderful. I agree with you now that I see some of the star blocks made into a quilt. It can get too busy and lose the pattern.
I like that quilt.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  04:02:29 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Diana, too much of the same... even made by different hands. it's fun to see the different patterns and ideas we all come up with. The colors will be the unifying factor. let us know, i'm ready!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

Sally55
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Sally
Wampum PA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  08:53:18 AM  Show Profile
Ok...so I'm a bit confused :) Are we doing just star blocks? Or any R-W-B Block?

I want to start looking for a block unless you are having all do the same one?

PA Farmgirl #3766

Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up
Go to Top of Page

Sally55
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Sally
Wampum PA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  09:24:32 AM  Show Profile
I didn't purchase a necklace....I wonder if it's because we are members of the MJF Sisterhood?

PA Farmgirl #3766

Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  09:38:10 AM  Show Profile
I am a member too. maybe merit badge?

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  2:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Terri, I'm glad you liked it. It's called a friendship star. I like the idea of just doing Star Blocks. There are so many different star blocks that the quilt would look amazing. We could pick red, white and blue as main colors, and everyone do their favorite Star (one or a different one each time). Just an idea. I'm in, what ever you decide.

BTW sent out more blocks toady. The rest will go out on Wed. and all of them out by Fri. Sorry I'm lagging behind!

Blessing

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  3:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Nobody is lagging behind.
So Shanda are you in for the next quilt block swap?
The hexagon is for amount of posts made I think.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on May 06 2013 3:23:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  4:16:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi All.....would like to join your swap. Have always wanted to make a red, white and blue quilt. Stars of our choice, right?
The hexagon is for 'paid' memberships. I slipped from that status last year but am going to re-apply. Thanx for considering me! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mel,
Nice to meet you.
I think you may have a good idea. Any star pattern done up in red-white-blues would make an interesting quilt.
Any comments Ladies?
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page