Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  9:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Joey, The two smaller trees to the left are orange trees. The tree by the lake with the fruit on the ground is a lemon tree! Good lemons, and the tree produces tons of them. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  9:02:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Joey, we also have fig trees, and a kaumquat tree, and a Japanese plum tree. Good, good, good fruits.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  06:57:30 AM  Show Profile

This morning I am thankfull for coffee, and my husband. I love coffee (all decaf), and my husband. My husband has my coffee ready before I even get up in the morning. My sister in law called me one day, and told me she just had a yearning for a really hot cup of coffee in a very pretty cup. So...the next time she came up, I made coffee in my old percalator on the stove, and served in my pretty blue cups. I love coffee.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  07:34:40 AM  Show Profile
Tiana,
I love coffee too! I get French Roast Beans from a small artisan roaster and grind them fresh right before brewing...so good!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Ooh I can smell it now. lol sometimes I dream of smelling coffee.
Wanted to ask Diane do you get fiddleheads and cook them off of your farm?

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Tiana,
I grow a lot of ferns, but haven't cooked any fiddleheads yet. Maybe this spring. I just like the name.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:45:20 AM  Show Profile

I painted this in a clients home a few years ago. It really says a lot.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:48:44 AM  Show Profile
Sure does, Diane. Four words, but speaks volumes.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  09:37:11 AM  Show Profile
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/fiddlehead-ferns-and-angel-hair-pasta-recipe/index.html
Diane love the painted wall, kinda what most of us do I think. I speak of thanks all day as I am moving through my day. A recipe for you.

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  09:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Tiana,
That sounds really good! I will have to give it a try.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  10:21:50 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for my farm girl friends...not just today but everyday!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  5:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Love all these pics!

Portia

I am thankful for each and everyday my Lord gives me and for my family and friends, including Farmgirl friends!

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  05:08:50 AM  Show Profile

Today I am thankful for this beautiful soul and how she has brought so many of us together in Farmgirl Sisterhood.
I took this picture while I was staying at MaryJane's Farm Bed and Breakfast the summer before last.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh How thankful I am for Mary Jane and what she has created and has taught me!!! God has blessed my life with this lady!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  1:15:46 PM  Show Profile
OK, today this is my little gift. I think we all should stand in front of a mirror and sing "I like everything"...daily! Also, "I can do anything great, I can do anything better than anyone else!"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=393561765678

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  3:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I sing almost every day. My hubby was singing as he drove in from work. Today, I am grateful for the warm weather here in SW Louisiana.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  3:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
Did you watch that video? So inspiring!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Diane, No, sorry. I have to install a new flash player. I'll come back to your thread when I do. Thanks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  08:49:39 AM  Show Profile

Today I am thankful for my DH and his service to this great country. He recently retired after 28 years combined in the Army/Air Force. This picture is of a flag that flew in Iraq when he was deployed there. His fellow Airmen flew it on an F-16 and brought it back for him.
If you haven't done so already, you should go and read The Ranch Farmgirl's latest blog. Shery Jesperson has re-ignited a fire in my belly for love of country and God

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  09:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Diane, the flag given to your husband is such a beautiful sight! I thank him for serving our country. I'm off to read the blog you've mentioned. Thanks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  4:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Today, I am so, so grateful for my outdoor cat; Nadia, Pepper, Moon, and Audrey. They make me laugh and love to chat with me.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  4:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Love them! Too bad I am allergic :(

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  5:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
I too am a cat lover. I had two brother cats that looked like the tabby on the left for 16 years. Now I have a brother and sister, the female is all black and the male is an orange tiger. They are so loving and entertaining. I am thankful for them as I hope they are for me.
Bless you,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  9:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Terri, entertaining is a good way to describe my gang, also. I can watch them for hours when they are chasing lizards. Pepper, the black & white, cat drags snakes to me. She'll run so fast with the snake in her mouth, that the snake is waving in the wind! Mine are funny kitties.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  07:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
they are just beautiful- and I bet they are entertaining!! Holy cow would I like to see her run with the snake in the mouth! Watching the cats play with a glass of sweet tea- seems like a perfect day....and something I would be very thankful for!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page