Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  8:08:35 PM  Show Profile
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  08:11:54 AM  Show Profile
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." Albert Schweitzer.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  06:54:13 AM  Show Profile

No other words needed.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  07:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Yes indeed Diane- Life is awesome!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  08:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Diane.

"Take hold of your own life.#8232; See that the whole existence is celebrating.#8232; These trees are not serious, these birds are not serious.#8232; The rivers and the oceans are wild,#8232;and everywhere there is fun, #8232;everywhere there is joy and delight. #8232;Watch existence,#8232;listen to the existence and become part of it."
Osho

Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  09:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Well, how cool and true is THAT! Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:50:41 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how those numbers got there, from the last post. Weird.
Sorry. Marly

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Being a California girl I have never seen some of the beautiful bunnies and snow scenes you guys share but since I moved from Orange County CA to Riverside County CA which is at a higher elevation, I recently saw a half-frozen hummingbird feeder hanging on my tangerine tree that was loaded with fruit. There were also icicles on my roses next to the buds. Life is different here. When I figure out how to download the pictures I will share with you.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  07:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
There was a most beautiful sunrise this morning. If I hadn't taken my hubby to work, I would have missed it. Plus it turned the lake colors too. Just so beautiful. What a way to start the day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  10:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Amy, I love to see the sunrise....it gives me such great hope for the day. It's always peaceful that time of the day in my house. A great way to start the day!! Thank you for sharing what you are thankful for!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Please, fellow farmgirls, feel free to post your little thankfulness' here.
Today, I am thankful that my DH is home for a couple of days. He has been on the road for the last couple of weeks.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  4:59:28 PM  Show Profile
I am thankful for the sunsets!!!! I love the colors. It's a close to a beautiful day. The owls begin hooting, the ducks are quaking, the armadillo is coming out from under the deck. There is a raccoon eating lemons that have fallen from the lemon tree.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  6:31:14 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to post my thankfulness for tomorrow- February 2...I'm thankful for my brother who turns 50..and I'm thankful that I'm not quite there yet!! :)

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  9:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Lori, when you do turn 50 you'll be thankful! Enjoy your brother's birthday!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  9:44:49 PM  Show Profile
This was our sunset today. Just beautiful. I took the second picture about two minutes later.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  04:29:15 AM  Show Profile
That looks very inviting Marly. We are very cold and snowy here.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  07:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for the "good old days". Click this link to see some amazing photos of children from the simpler but harder times.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271420/Wonder-years-Pictures-Americas-youth-early-20th-century-recall-bygone-age-innocence.html#axzz2JkpNwgQq

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  08:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Diane, when you get too cold up there in perma frost country, come on down! Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Today I am also thankful for snow blowers- helped my mom clear the driveway and sidewalks...my dad believed in purchasing quality- an awesome Toro snowblower- easy to start and move around...and also thankful for children- we had a special heart healthy lunch and Veggie Tale movie at church today and the little ones brighten my day and heart!! Thankful for so much!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  3:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I may take you up on that!
Lori, I second that for snowblowers and little ones!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  3:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Marly- If Diane is coming..I'm hookin a ride with her! And I'M BRINGING THE POM POMS!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  3:59:39 PM  Show Profile

The olden days and children of a simpler time.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  4:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Lori, don't make me go to Wisconsin!!!!!! No pom-poms here! LOL.
Diane, I love the pictures. I loved simpler times.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Marly, is that an orange tree? Do you have any other citrus? Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  7:16:27 PM  Show Profile
Great post Diane. Today I am thankful, that I didn't have to get out of my pajamas(that never happens) to go to work or anything. I've got a cold, but thats ok. I stayed in, stayed warm, did some sewing crafts, had some tea. So...thankful for a relaxing day,that almost never happens.Amen

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page