Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  09:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Diane, what an absolutely beautiful picture.
Lori, feel better soon! Maybe you need warm weather!!!!!! Chocolate helps body aches. ;)
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  2:23:50 PM  Show Profile
Love the picture Diane. Lori...Feel Better Soon!
HUgs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  05:38:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm at work today- feeling a little better, still have my sore throat and a VERY upset stomach- I'm sure one of our patients shared with me! :) Only work until noon today because I work this Saturday am... so I hope to get some rest this afternoon.
Thank you ladies for the well wishes!!
Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  06:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We had a neat sunrise this morning. It was beautiful, but muted by fog. Really neat. I wish I had had my camera to get a shot of it.

I too am fighting off a cold/sinus something. I had to get my Rooster from work early, take Bri to AHG, and go to Bell choir practice last night. I really was thankful to slide into our comfortable bed and wrap up in my old quilt.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:06:31 AM  Show Profile

Flowers that my SIL sent me.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:59:16 AM  Show Profile
Kristina,
Beautiful!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful flowers!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  12:25:07 PM  Show Profile

Today's gift...spearmint tea in my favorite cup and Seed Catalogs!
Dreaming of my garden on this cold and snowy day.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile
"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." Henry Ward Beecher.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  04:46:59 AM  Show Profile

Today I am grateful for nests. I collect them when I am out wandering with my dogs. The close up is a little nest that was abandoned
in my hanging fern last spring. There was one perfect intact egg left behind. Feather your nest!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile
I love the nests, Diane. They make me smile. Thanks.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." A. A. Milne, "Winnie-the-Pooh"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  09:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
Love Piglet!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  4:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Diane. When I read it, it fit perfect in your thread about gratitude. Piglet had lots of gratitude, as you may know.
I love Piglet, also!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  08:44:59 AM  Show Profile
"Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary." Margaret Cousins.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  09:11:21 AM  Show Profile

The sun is out today and we are supposed to get into the double digits!
These are some sunflowers in my garden last summer. I just love sunflowers.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  11:45:49 AM  Show Profile
Diane, absolutely beautiful picture. We had sunflowers but they were the huge faced ones. Just looking at the pictures makes me feel all sun-shiny!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Freezing rain today, so I am thankful for a day to lounge around in my jammies. Baking banana bread and crocheting then I am going to re-pot some houseplants.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Diane, that banana bread looks so yummy! I made pumpkin bread yesterday. Enjoy!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Diane- your bread looks so yummy!! A very cold wintery day here in Wisconsin! I took a nice nap this afternoon and it felt good- Jack (my dog) and I snuggled up and had a wonderful nap!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  3:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are feeling better Lori! Nothing like a doggy snuggle nap to cheer you.
Marly, pumpkin bread sounds really good!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  4:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Pic of our house from our pond after a peaceful snow.

Diane, thank you for this thread; I need this.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, lets see, sunflowers, banana bread, and a gorgeous view of s now covered pond/house...
Oh I just LOVE this thread!
Today, while I was out filling the bird feeders and suet feeders, a tufted titmouse came and almost landed on the very feeder I was filling. Then he decided to land on a branch about 2 feet away from me. He sure was pretty! Just made my day!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  7:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, Beautiful photo, so peaceful looking.
Laurie, Don't you just love feeding the birds! How amazing to get so close.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  7:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, beautiful picture. That could be a postcard picture! Thanks for sharing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page