Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  06:49:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm thankful for my 3 grown kids and that Jeff and I will meet them for brunch today. What an amazing thing it is when they grow from children to adults you would like even if they weren't yours!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  08:02:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you my sweet pom-pom friend, Lori! On my cat calendar this morning, this was the quote. I'll post this one just for you!!!! "The greatest sweetener of life is friendship."
Thanks for your friendship, Lori.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  09:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Susan,
You are so right about the kids. When did they get so smart?
My 25-year-old daughter (my one and only child) is coming to visit me today too. She lives 65 miles away and tries to get here once a month.
I am grateful for that.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  10:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Great gifts...keep sharing!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  10:39:34 AM  Show Profile

Store bought, but wanted to brighten the table up!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  2:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Laurie: Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a flower person, so I have no idea what kind of flowers those may be. BUT- they are very nice. Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy your flower today.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  2:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Laurie,
So pretty and springy! I often buy flowers around this time of year just to have a little spring in my house. Here are some tulips that I photographed last spring.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  3:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Ha ha ha Marly, those are daffodils (a spring blooming bulb).
Diane- those tulips are so pretty! The daffodils were only 1.99 for 10 stems- just couldnt pass them up!
Come on Spring!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  4:00:03 PM  Show Profile
today- I am also thankful that we made it thru another first- it would have been my mom and dad's 51st wedding anniversary....I am very thankful that they had the chance to celebrate 50 years together before the Lord took him home!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  4:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Diane, such beautiful tulips.
Laurie, I didn't mean to say I don't like flowers, I just don't know how to identify them. LOL. The daffodils were beautiful, BUT... I could not have put them in my house. My Gracie cat would have had them all over the place. Any thing that has the slightest wave to it, Grace is after. For instance, the toilet paper. We actually have to put it in a drawer, or she'll unwrapped the whole role!
My sweet Lori: my heart is with you. 89 hugs to you today. Hugs to your Mom.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  8:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Laurie,
These were my gift from the previous homeowner. I am grateful for that.
Terri

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Terri, very pretty flowers. I like the vase, also!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  11:35:03 AM  Show Profile

We are supposed to get 8 more inches of snow! I will just keep posting
pictures of my gardens. I am grateful for the promise of spring.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Diane- that is so pretty- I am not so good with the names of plants- but the colors are so pretty together! I hope that we don't get hit as hard as they are predicting for the snow tonight. I have the Spring Fever in such a bad way...Holy Cow it can't come soon enough for me this year!!
Love to you sweet friend!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Lori, You are not kidding! Those plants are in my front porch garden. It is very shaded so I have to plant accordingly. There are coleus and sweet potatoe vine in the planter and lots of hostas down below. The roads are still not very cleared from the last snow and ice and now Mother Nature is going to dump some more on us!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Lori-Hugs to you, and Happy 51st Anniversary to your Mom and Dad. I bet they are having a party up in Heaven.
Teri- your Daffodils are beautiful, and I love the pitcher they are in too!
Marly- I know what you meant- that you just didnt know what kind of flowers they were!.LOL. When it comes to flowers and gardens I learn something new EVERY day! So much to know!
Diane- Love Coleus and sweet potato vines. It is only in recent years that I have come to appreciate "foliage" just as much as pretty blooms of flowers.
Stay safe in the weather- hope it melts fast!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  7:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Lori and Marly,
That pitcher I am using for a vase for the daffodils came from South Carolina. I love it.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  8:36:28 PM  Show Profile
I love my cats!!!!! I found this really sweet quote. I am very grateful for all of my cats. My cat Pepper is a talker! Below is her picture.

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." Martin Buber

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  8:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Here are my sister and brother kitties, Izzy and Twink, I adopted last May.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  9:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Teri! Izzy and Twink are so beautiful!!!! I'm so happy you adopted them. Do they talk to you? My Pepper cat surely does. Especially when she is hungary, she'll keep chatting until I bring food.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  04:30:56 AM  Show Profile
What lovely kitties! I will enjoy them from afar, I am allergic!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  05:48:18 AM  Show Profile

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  09:19:56 AM  Show Profile
So true, Diane. Good one!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile
Diane- -that is perfect for the day!! Thank you for always posting such uplifting quotes! they help my heart and spirits every day!!
Hugs to you!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Marly,
My two kitties definitely try to communicate. Izzy, the black female, obeys orders, like "Get in here!" and "Lie down and go to sleep", so cute. The brother, orange tiger Twink, is almost constantly in motion. He is not an outside wanderer like his sis but since he can't sit or lay still for very long he is a really bad bedfellow. Thanks.
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page