Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Lori,
Warm hugs from CA. I lost my mom 13 years ago and I still miss her so much.
We will see them again one day.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  05:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you sisters- today is a new day and is a day to touch someone with God's love!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile
"Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns." Author Unknown
So true!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  12:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Great quote Marly!
Today I'm thankful for a warm fireplace :) its cold out here on the plains!

Farmgirl Bre

http://breanna-lifespoem.blogspot.com/

"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  06:48:21 AM  Show Profile
My gift today is a snowblower and my DH home to use it!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  07:02:24 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful gift Diane- I have a newer shovel and got the chance to use it quickly before work today- Oh Wait...Natalie and I have used it A LOT this winter season.

The snow did look so peacful on the trees this morning!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile
"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  03:59:17 AM  Show Profile

Just love Tasha Tudor and her simple but hard life.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile
On my cat calendar today, there is a picture of a beautiful cat sitting on a log outside, smelling a flower. The caption says: "Log off and go enjoy the outdoors." Great advise!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  7:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Marly,
Too funny...log off. How about a cat nap too?
It was a beautiful day here and I did get outside to play in my garden.
Terri
Hemet CA
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  8:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Terri: I did, also; got outside to play. Not the garden, but the yard. Not all day, but part of the day.
The weather was coolish, in the 50s, but the sun was out and it felt wonderful!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  05:51:03 AM  Show Profile
Lori- Big Hugs to you my dear! I agree with Marly, and am thankful for your mom and dad who gave us YOU! You are always so kind.

Diane- I love Tasha Tudor! I just started reading the book Tasha Tudor's Garden. The story of Tasha is amazing and OH the beautiful pictures of her, her home and her gardens. Extraordinary woman!
Reminds me of my dear grandma.

Teri and Marly- glad you were lucky enough to get outside and play a little. SOON, here on Long Island we will get to do the same! Spring is coming!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - laurentany on Mar 01 2013 05:53:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Laurie,
I know that spring is coming, but I am sick of the snow. I do know that we need it since we had the first drought in a long time last summer and we need the moisture. So, I will try to be thankful for that today since it is snowing again!
Thank you to everyone that contributes to this post! I love hearing about your little daily gifts.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  09:31:56 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful today for all the indoor plants that remind me that eventually spring will come.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  10:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Today I am thankful that when the neighbor hit the water main the water turned left and flowed out to the street. My yard was not touched.
I am also thankful that my sister and her family only live two miles away so they can stop over any time, like my niece and her two and a half year old did yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  11:23:13 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for my dear husband who is always kind and caring. He is so thoughtful. He was in Lowes yesterday and happened to see a book called "The Chicken Whisperer" A guide to everything you need to know to raising backyard chickens. Although I have several "chicken" books I dont have this one, and we are getting a new "flock" at the end of April, so he thought my DD and I would enjoy reading this one. How sweet he is! I just adore him!
And...he is the one taking time out of his day to look at the vintage "glamper" I am interested in. He is a gem and I think I'll keep em!

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Laurie- you are a very blessed woman to have such wonderful man...what a true blessing that is!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  12:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lori, Yes I am Blessed to have him and I thank God for him everyday. He is a wonderful husband and father!

On my out to the rabit hutch today I spotted these little purple crocus popping up! Now I KNOW Spring must be coming soon!

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  2:30:06 PM  Show Profile
WHAT??? Crocus'???? All we have is snow,snow and some ice under the snow!!! C'mon Spring!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  6:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Laurie,
The crocus are beautiful. Spring is coming. Yay.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  04:23:59 AM  Show Profile
They are so pretty- I'm just a tad bit anxious to see them in my yard too! Not too long now- I hope!!

Happy Saturday!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  4:34:05 PM  Show Profile
The temperature stayed in the 40s today. I'm ready for Spring. The sun was out all day.
"The windows of my soul I throw wide open to the sun." John Greenleaf Whittier
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  4:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Marly- I was thankful for the sun today also, it was only a high on 27 today...but the sun felt great. I had my car window open when I was driving to work...I also had the heat on inside the car... I know....I have the Spring Fever BAD!!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Well, bring your Spring Fever down to SW Louisiana. You'll warm up!!!!! But leave those pom-poms in Wisconsin!!!!!! I'll take you on a swamp tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  04:50:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm so thankful for my friend Marly!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page