Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5 Next Topic
Page: of 4

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  04:47:20 AM  Show Profile
I just love that little black and white Border Collie looking pup. So cute. And the lab pups look like Bubba. They are all so different. Makes ya wonder what happened. I know they can have lots of different daddies. When I got Bubba, all his brothers and sisters looked totally different and all sizes too. I'm so glad they all went to such good homes. I'm sure the other 4 will too. You and momma have done a great job raising those babies, Linda.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  05:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for saving those adorable babies!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Yes - thank you for saving them and the mom. And thanks for sharing the photos. They are all too cute.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  10:20:35 AM  Show Profile
Well all the pups are spoken for but 2. We are going to keep them.... they are both girls. I am going to find a new home for the mother. She keeps getting in with our goats and not respecting the electric fence. I don't want any mishaps from that. The pyrenese just about got her today when she went in again. She is truly a good dog but needs to be in a different home situation with no livestock. I am going next week to take her to the vet and have her checked for heartworms and have a checkup. The rescue is working with finding her a forever good home with no livestock. She is housebroke and leashbroke and loves people. It hurts me to have to let her go I hoped she would work out. But I can't seem to change her way with the other animals and feel this is whats best for her.
Too many heartbreaking decisions to make since she has arrived. Its been a rollercoaster for sure. Its been really hard the past 8 weeks but slowly good homes have been found and I see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Some of the new owners have sent me pictures already of their happy pups. Its does a heart good to see them. Here is a pictures of the 2 that are staying here.

Wanted to thank everyone for all your good wishes and listening to me these past 8 weeks.I really appreciate everyones positive feedback and support. You ladies are the best. Thanks so much !!!

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Aug 08 2012 10:27:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Aw, you're keeping the Bubba look alike puppy! She adorable. And so is the other one. WHat did you name them? I can understand how you feel about the mother dog. She will be better off without all thatdistraction for sure. You did good!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  8:28:30 PM  Show Profile
Kristin I named the black and white speckled one Piper. I am still working on the other one. The pictures doesn't really show her color but she is a golden color with a little ticking on her paws. She's a little fat butterball. I will have to go look at your website to see what Bubba looks like.

I took Darla the mom to the vet today to have her checked for heartworm. Thank goodness she was negative. The rescue already had a person requesting a dog like her. She has to be spayed first. Then she can go to her new home where she will be a house dog. She has gained 10 pounds. She is finally looking like a normal dog. She has come a long way and has been a very good mother through it all. I am so happy she is healthy again and gaining weight.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  2:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Well change of plans.
The rescue that had a home for Darla said the lady changed her mind. They said they would put her in a foster and try to find her a home. They said adult dogs of high energy are hard to find homes for. The lady that would take her as a foster would have to crate her 10 hours a day and let her out when she got home from work and then crate her again overnight. Darla is use to being a free spirited dog......I can't do this to her I think it would break her.I know they are doing the best they can for her. They are limited on foster help and the rescue is plum full. They are good people but just too many dogs and not enough room.The need at these rescues is great.

So we are going to keep her and the 2 pups and put in invisable fence and hope we can train her to respect it and hope it works. Hunting season is coming up and we fear she will go down the road and the deer hunters will end up shooting a dog running around at that time.... I have seen the results of it over the years. I love this dog so please pray it works out for all of us. We went from owning 3 dogs and 7 cats to 15 dogs and 8 cats. Now we are back down to 4 dogs, 2 pups, and 8 cats thanks to all the good people who took a pup. Life is sure full of suprises never a dull moment here thats for sure. I just hope it all works out. We are having them spayed through a mobile vet unit Sept. 9th called RASCAL. They are suppose to do the spaying for a discount. I am researching them and hope they are good at what they do.The rescue told me about them so hopefully it should be a good thing.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Sep 02 2012 2:26:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  6:11:44 PM  Show Profile
Linda!

What an amazing person with a big heart you are!!!! THANK YOU for all your kindness to the mother dog and her puppies. You are wonderful!!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  4:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Linda,

This is my first time reading your posts. All of the dogs are absolutely beautiful and you are such a wonderful person to do what you did for mommy and babies. "A righteous man (woman) cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  08:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm just floored. I've worked in rescue for many years, and for someone to do what you've just done, is no less than amazing. I mean, just taking on the financial burden... I mean challenge... of THREE LARGE DOGS is astounding, not to mention the added cost of the fencing. I bow down to you.

It's funny how I've read two canine stories today (the other in Family Matters) and have seen quite a balance of heart.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

Stacy~Creativemuse
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Stacy
Camarillo Ca
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  12:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
You are so Awesome!What a feat to accomplish!Congratulations for the Health of all concerned!Did you increase Cats too? I noticed 8 as the last number!The pups are wonderful looking! Prayers are abounding for you and all your furry children!

Warmly,
Stacy~Creativemuse

Somewhere over the Rainbow is Right Here Right Now!
www.Creativemusewhereinspirationsflourish.blogspot.com
www.Creativemuse.Etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Stacy peaked at your website. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading about your life. What a super nice website you have.
I did have 7 cats and then found Willie so yes up to #8. He is doing great now.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Cattle Cait
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Caitlin
Dansville Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  1:14:53 PM  Show Profile
How adorable! They gray one looks like an old dog of mine named Sunny :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page