Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5 Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  5:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda!!!!! You've made this wonderful story so much better with the pictures. Now the story and the pictures show the love, care, etc... that you gave to this beautiful Darla and her adorable puppies. Here's a giant hug (*************) for you, Darla, and all those cute little puppies. Thanks for the pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
It is hard to believe that anyone would dump such a pretty lady, let alone believe if once bred by different breed that would continue to effect her future offspring. It is refreshing to know there are still a lot of good caring people in the world!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  7:27:31 PM  Show Profile
OMG...how precious are they? What a sweet face that Darla has, and what a wonderful lucky girl she is to have been found by you!
Bless your heart and soul for taking her in and being such a wonderful mom to her!
Hugs

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  11:13:32 PM  Show Profile
She is a beauty! I have a special spot in my heart for setters. If I didn't already have a dog, I'd offer to adopt a puppy, but I know it wouldn't be fair to Boxer. he's been my only buddy for all his life. Plus I work full time and couldn't accomodate a puppy's needs. I hope you find homes for them. Bless you for saving her and the pups.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  06:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm so glad you're keeping Darla--Lisa said she's a real sweetie and such a good mother (as evidenced by these photos). I posted the pictures on my facebook page, and am also sending some to my Aunt in Rockford (one of the best pet parents I know, who is getting over having to put her 15 year old "pup" down before Christmas). You never know--she talks of getting a dog now and again.

Keep us posted!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  12:16:49 PM  Show Profile
That's great that you're keeping her! And oh my WORD how many puppies can one poor dog carry?? That's quite the litter! Good luck placing them all :)

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Highland cattle, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, Silver Fox rabbits, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  09:01:05 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by oldbittyhen

they dumped her because she was bred by another breed/mutt, and some people have this notion, that if a purebred gets bred that way, they are ruined, and always will have mutt puppies, really silly, but I have heard this many times from ignorant people, over the years... PS, remember she is a bird dog, so becareful around chickens and poultry till you are sure she isn't going to retrieve them all for you...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

I've heard this too. Even as a kid, couldn't understand it!!

OP, bless you for taking her in and birthin' those puppies!! Ya dun good!!

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  5:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Saw this on facebook...they are just beautiful!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Winona I have no idea where this dog came from or what her background is. God only knows why or who and how she got here. I live in a very poor area and people dump animals like trash. I was told by a neighbor 5 miles away they had seen her traveling on the road and when they drove down the road she had traveled well over 4 miles. Thats when she turned up our road and my husband was coming back from a walk with our dog and was at the bottom of our driveway.She spotted him and she was plum wore out by then and she followed him up the driveway. Thats how she ended up here. Thats a long way for a starving pregnant dog to travel. Its made me cry to see her.
For all i know she could have run away because of being so hungry and pregnant. Either way I will never know why but lucky she found my farm and we were able to get her the help she needed asap. and she is doing well and the pups are fat and sassy.
I have to bring them in the basement during the day because we have been having 104 degree days and they can't handle it. I put them in their outdoor pen around 9:30 at night when its finally cooled off and run a fan on them overnight and then back in the basement at 10 in the morning cause its already 90 out.

Hopefully when its time i will find great homes for them. I will have more pictures once hubby gets home and brings the camera. They have sure changed in a week.

Take care everyone and thanks for all the great comments and support. You all have been super duper great!!!

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 08 2012 04:23:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  06:35:07 AM  Show Profile
She is beautiful...And you are an angel. I had an English Setter before she has her face. Love the spots...I would love to see pics of the pups when they are getting around...

Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  08:14:57 AM  Show Profile
She looks like a beautiful hunting dog. Maybe she got lost when they were out hunting, and got bred afterward. Especially if she is inclined to wander and not listen. She may have just been lost for a very long time. Someone may be looking for her, but of course that is up to you. You have put a lot of effort into saving her. So I guess it would be your call as to whether you choose to keep her or not. I wouldn't try to keep a bird dog around here, but my daughter had a chocolate lab that she has trained to leave the chickens alone and he is a pretty good ranch dog, of course she trained him from a puppy. She had to train the wandering out of him too.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  7:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Linda,

You have a very beautiful soul. So glad that dear, sweet dog found your husband that day. It makes me tear up to think about what she had been through and how blessed she was to find you and your husband, and I know you are very blessed by her companionship and those beautiful puppies! I know you will find loving homes for them all!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  7:32:51 PM  Show Profile
How are the puppies and Darla doing? I hope they are all doing great. Darla must think she died and went to heaven with all the love she has now.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ramonaj
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

rhonda
gibsons british columbia
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  8:04:38 PM  Show Profile
May your kindness be returned 3 fold. Poor dog came to the right place for compassion and care.

happiness to all sentient beings
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Bless your heart for all you have done for this sweet dog & her pups.... It takes a special kind of person with an ever more special kind of heart to take in & care for any animal...
We are firm believers of rescueing animals,,, giving them 'a good forver home'...
Again, Bless you....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. I just saw this. What a wonderful thing you have done for that dog and her pups. Such a sad thing to see people dump animals.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  11:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We have a Brittany Spaniel mix that looks alot like you new friend. She was around 6-8 weeks old and starving, skinny, and thirst. She is the best dog we ever had. I am not a dog fan, but I love this dog. Who ever said that a Brittany is a poor watch dog never met Katy. If someone comes up to me or Bri she backs them up with teeth showing.

God Bless you and thank you for caring so much for all these gifts. Thank you.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  11:56:03 AM  Show Profile
trying to load a pick. I am testing this out.

omg it worked !!!

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 16 2012 11:56:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  12:04:47 PM  Show Profile

deleted

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 16 2012 12:07:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
trying one more time.

OMG it worked again. Hope you ladies enjoy the pictures. They are all doing great and will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. These pictures were taken yesterday.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 16 2012 12:15:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
OMGOSH!!!! TOO CUTE!!!

Looks like some lab in there.

I would be sitting with them for hours. Lots of puppy love. LOL

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  4:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Linda!!!!!! The puppies have grown so much!!!!!!!!!!! They are just too adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you. Thanks, again, for caring for them. I love, love, love the pictures.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  4:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, those puppies are so adorable!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  10:34:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh! They are so adorable, Linda! Such beautiful ticking on a few and I love the one at the feeder who almost looks like a Panda with his mostly white neck and upper body, but the rest black!
How is momma, doing? I bet you are just eatin' these little things up--I know I would be. 5 weeks old, and they are strappin' healthy looking little things!!! Great job!!!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  8:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Thats so funny Jonni because I had actually named her Panda bear. The other one I am holding with all the ticking is also one of my favorites. Her name is Piper. She is really layed back and sweet.I love them all but those 2 really tug at my heart.
Mama is doing fine she is just eating like a bottomless pit. All she does all day is eat. She eats so much sometimes she gets sick. I keep hoping she realizes that there will always be a full bowl. She just keeps emptying it at a alarming rate. She is still thin and I have wormed her 3 times now. Hope she starts putting on some weight. She has put on a little but she is not where I would like to see her.

I ordered their puppy shote today. I dread next tuesday I will be giving 11 pups shots. I hope they forgive me and don't hold a grudge.

Take care
Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic pregnant dog dumped- updated pics on page5 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page