shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina for the beautiful picture. I love Gerbra daisies and it will be framed and go in a very special place in my home.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun.
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  04:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy Jo, you know how to make a mailbox smile!!! I got such a nice surprise today, a blue (fave color) jounal which I will use next, I just love the simple look and clasp, a little ice cream recipe book and some old looking cards! Thank you, your giftie outweighed the bills!!!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Berries,
Glad you like the embroidery, I think putting it in a quilt is a great idea, you are just to handy!!
Sue, you are more then welcome, your right farmgirl mail sure beats bills.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy...I forgot to tell you..that adorable fabric you sent me awhile back with old fashioned labels all over it is now an apron. My new favorite. I would post a picture but it has alot of cow slobber on it at this moment..so after I wash and iron it I will post the picture. Mona must have loved the fabric as much as me...heeheee Thanks so much.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  07:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
I wouldn't mind seeing the apron with cow slobber on it, its been along time since I have seen that it would be rather nostalgic.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Tina, Thanks for the beautiful Gerber picture!! It has sat on my desk all day and made it sunny even thought it's very gloomy outdoors!!

Rhonda, Thank you so much for the grand package that you sent me!! I love all the Marjolein Bastin stuff!!

This is so fun being and receiving from our MJF RAOK angels!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~

Edited by - Bridge on Oct 11 2006 12:41:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  05:41:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I printed my list out this morning.
I am going to work on my packages this week end. I plan to get them in the mail next week. This is going to be fun. Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile
I mailed out a few tiny things this week..more to come. I think I am going to try to mail a small item or two to each one on the list as I can until I come to the end...while I look for more stuff...Sure is fun.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  09:29:49 AM  Show Profile
Well I am the slow poke here but promise to start on my list this weekend! Cranky teething baby= cranky, crabby woman(me)!Nancy -I posted my thanks over at the thank you spot but boy did you make my day yesterday! Your a sweetie!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  11:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Jenny!!!! Thank you so much! I love the dishcloth you knitted! I won't be able to use it, you know...have to save it as special!!!!! :-)

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  12:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thank you Jenny for the lace and the little apron they are very cute I even posted them on my blog if any on e wants to see what she sent.
Thank you again very cute.
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  12:19:46 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bramble

Well I am the slow poke here but promise to start on my list this weekend! Cranky teething baby= cranky, crabby woman(me)!Nancy -I posted my thanks over at the thank you spot but boy did you make my day yesterday! Your a sweetie!

with a happy heart

What, are you here at my house? and are you me? LOL, I am in the same boat but do want to do a bit of shopping. Just not taking crankster anywhere!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/

Edited by - ~Tracey~ on Oct 12 2006 12:23:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  12:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda!!! I got my books and they are beautiful!! I have a seasonally decorated table and that is a favorite of the children. Can't wait to get some time to work on projects from that book!! the doll book is really great too!! Umm, my 8yo confiscated that one so I will have to look when she lets me :). Did you make anything from the books?

THANK YOU!! Such a lift it gives when someone does a RAOK!! I started to have this wierd feeling like, "I don't deserve this, what did I do to deserve this?" then I realized that I don't really, it is just because you are so NICE!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  6:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina! I got a photo too...be watching FarmGirls, I am mailing things out tomorrow.
Love and light to you all
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  6:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I thought this is a "Random Act of Kindness". I want it to be a surprise when someone gets something from me!!!!! :>)

said with love, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  7:59:25 PM  Show Profile
That's what my thinking is Gloria....I almost said something one day, but then I didn't want anyone's hopes to get up and be dismayed a few days later when nothing arrived for them.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  8:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes Tasha, I was reading this and couldn't hold it any longer. I felt like the list is a guide, not for us to just purchase something and send them all out! I want to do it random, and from the heart - right? Or did I misunderstand it all?

again, said with love, gloria g. Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  8:31:38 PM  Show Profile
maybe if someone recieves something ..just a private email to acknowledge would be better?

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  9:07:39 PM  Show Profile
oh no not at all....I think the sending needs to be random...you dont have to send to everyone, or even close to everyone, but yes, just a guide and I think that a public thank you is very appropriate and if you are anything like me, it's like Yule and its exciting!

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  11:08:42 PM  Show Profile
I got a cute little cross stitch kit today ,from junebug
Its 3 pumpkins with faces stacked up. am anxious to start doing it.
Thanks Sue so much.
I figured I wouldnt ever get anything. hehe
This is so much fun and its fun getting things from far away states
shirley
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  12:55:20 AM  Show Profile
Yes Tasha, that's my thought. Sending our gifts would be Random. Thanks you on line is wonderful. I didn't just want to think I had to run out, get something on the list and send to each and everyone. It's random who we send to, and when we send to. It may well be that we eventually send a little something to each and everyone who is participating, but not a have to! Was that your thought? I'm just trying to make it clear for me.....sorry......

all this is send with love, hugs and strawberries as always, thanks, gloria g.

Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  04:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Tasha and Gloria for bringing this up. I was starting to think this was a race and I was falling behind. I sent a couple of things out this week. It made me feel good to do it and I hope the recipients enjoy what I sent but they weren't homemade and I didn't send to everyone and I was starting to get an inferiority complex. I think it's great that some people were able to jump in and send off lots of wonderful things right off the bat but I'm happy to know not everyone is following that game plan. Sending things makes me feel good so I'm sure I'll do it on a regular basis and I plan on sending something to everyone eventually but I'm going to try to relax about it.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  06:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Yep. that is all it is is random. have fun and worry not.....

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  06:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Your so welcome Shirley, enjoy it!! No stress girls, lets not forget why were doing this, random acts of kindness means just that, so pace yourself and simply enjoy the art of giving and making someone smile!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  9:47:10 PM  Show Profile
I was just trying to do whatever everyone thought appropriate as for the thank you's and if we were to announce what we had recieved..... didn't know exactly how it was supposed to go...online thank you's or private thank you's.. or if we were/weren't supposed to say what we had recieved online...I reckon I got a wee bit confused there a few posts back...and I did randomly go through the list...and certainly was not trying to make anyone feel like it was a race/competition...it is just in my nature when I have something I want/would like to do..to do so in as much a timely and quick manner as I can and as much as I am able to...I certainly hope noone took it as being competitive or trying to do the most..or to make anyone here feel inferior.Certainly was not the intent. I have enjoyed doing this.And certainly enjoy the fact that you thought up this idea Tasha and have orchestrated quite alot of fun here.
Thank you!
~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Oct 14 2006 10:09:19 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic RAOK List... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page