True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  06:46:19 AM  Show Profile
BERRIES,
Sounds like you had a well deserved RAOK week. I'm sure it gave you a nice break from quilting to play with your new toys.
yes I can imagine that Dec. must be really busy for you. Don't get yourself sick, you did get over that cold and sore throat didnt you?
Anyway love hearing about all your gifts, and try not to work yourself into a dilly.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  07:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Nancy Jo! Yes, I'm doing better, - I had to. Sew many quilts, sew little time!!!!

But it is so nice when those boxes arrive! I just sit and am thankful for girlfriends like all the ones here. It is truly a blessing!

Hope you are doing well too! Hope your tests all came out A okay!

My sons are coming for Christmas so I want to have everything finished so I don't feel the weight of it all! But I'm not complaining, I need the business!! :>)

Happy Holidays and keep posting those pictures, I do so enjoy them!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  1:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thank you bluewrenn for the seeds and barn check book cover it is very cute I jus tlove barns. Thanks again. Will these seeds bloom in utah I guess I will find out in spring. I hope so they look like a lovely flower ( never heard of purple bells before. )

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  4:16:51 PM  Show Profile
I was looking over the RAOK list and I didn't see where anyone did cross stitching. So I thought I would check here. Does anyone on the list cross stitch? Also are we going to do a new list in Jan?
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  4:38:24 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
Tasha is the one that would know about a new list, as this was her good idea.I 'am sure a lot of us do cross stitch, I do mostly embroidery now, but I have made a ba zillion samplers and such over the years. Counted cross stitch makes me dizzy, so I don't do that anymore.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  4:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I cross stitch but I embroider more my daughter is learning cross stitch

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  6:18:35 PM  Show Profile
I cross stitch..but enjoy embroidering more right now..I sorta go in phases. I love needlepoint too, and havn't done any in awhile.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  6:36:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok Thanks. I have a few patterns and was looking for who on the list to send them to.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  10:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Elizabeth, I love to cross stitch, but on the list it does say Bridgette (bridge) cross stitches - I just sent her some charts that I had done - glad you liked them, Bridge!!! I do all sorts, but I always have a little one on the go as well as a big one, like the Mirabilia or Lavender and Lace angels (love them!). I have all sorts of cross stitch mags (magazines are my downfall - can't resist them!) I like the British ones.
Best wishes to all,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  10:33:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jayne,
I will send you a few in my FQ package and then some to Bridget. I am sending some to Sunshine too.
Magazines are my weakness too. I get about 15 a month. I love the AU ones.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  10:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Be watching your mailboxes I mailed out to everyone on the list Saturday a card and a little gift.
Enjoy,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  9:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Today I recied a very pretty card fron Jayne and a package from Bonnie. Beemoosie. I posted a picture on my blog of what Bonnie made me. www.turtlelane.blogspot.comThanks to both of you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  10:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Today I received a very pretty hankie from our Aunt Jenny. Thank you so very much. It is with my treasures now!
Di
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  08:09:29 AM  Show Profile
I recieved a neat package from Erin(bluewrenn) a recipe booklet,checkbook cover, seeds (luv em') and a notecard
Thanks Erin, It really brightened my day!!

Yesterday I recieved a card, with a pretty napkin and a tea bag from Elizabeth Quigley (candismom)
I have the pretty napkin & tea sitting on my desk waiting for a break ;) Thanks

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  08:10:32 AM  Show Profile
Yup I also love to cross stitch!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  09:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the cards. Elizabeth, thank you also for the tea and pretty napkin!

Sunshine, you might want to try starting the flowers inside in the Spring first, then moving them outdoors once they are a bit sturdier.

P.S. I have new ranch news that I will be posting today to my blog (with pics)... Lots going on in Texas!!!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Edited by - Bluewrenn on Dec 13 2006 09:16:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  10:29:32 AM  Show Profile
I recived a wonderful card from Aunt Jenny yesterday and a hankie with blue roses. Thank you Aunt Jenny.
Bridgett I will sned you some old magazines.
Enjoy.
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  5:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you farmgirls for all the lovely Christmas cards & good wishes! I only have ONE card NOT from a farmgirl so far! Elizabeth the tea was YUMMY! Thanks again girls!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  11:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to all who have sent me cards also and Elizabeth thanks for the tea and santa napkin
shirley
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  07:35:49 AM  Show Profile
I got cars yesterday from Shirley and Margie. Thanks you so much So very pretty.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  5:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Got a wonderful surprize in the mail today from our Mella in Canada...a cute cow tag (I hung it on the tree!!) a sweet little pie cookbook and an Anne of Green Gables patch..just so fun!! Thanks so much for the day brightener!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  5:38:43 PM  Show Profile
And thanks to Shirley for the adorable strawberry pin cushion! It is adorable. It made my day! Thanks to all who have sent things. I am behind in Christmas cards as well. But.....

much love to all, farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  5:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of my farmgal friends that have showered my mailbox with cards. It has meant alot to me! Thanks gals. Love ya'll!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  6:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny and Elizabeth brightened my box with a wonderful floral hanky and some lovely tea and napkins. Thank You ladies I enjoyed them both as I read my cards from all you wonderful farmgirls!

If you haven't received anything yet from me, fear not I haven't given up, I'm about 2/3rds through the list!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  4:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
It was Christmas At my House today or at least it felt like it to me and my girls after this weekend thanks every one I really appreciated it.

Bramble I just wanted to say thank you for the gift in the mail today. My girls and I got so excited when I opened it. Couldn't ask for better gift, fabric , Mother of pearl buttons and others too, spools, tin, Christmas cd, pin on buttons for my girls,potpourri wax ( funny I use to sell that about 10 years ago when I worked at a craft store ( I'll make wax ornament out it smells good) then the vintage embroidered piece that was beautiful WOW. What a way to end a miserable weekend. Thank you

Candismom thank you for the Cross stitch books for my Daughter I told her I get to borrow them every now and again as there are about 5 patterns I want to make. Some nice beginner patterns for her and advanced patterns for me. Will be fun in teaching her more so she gets better at it.

I also want to thank Miss Bee Haven For the bag of buttons and what a bag it was mother of pearl buttons vintage plastic ones with patterns, brightly colored one of it was just so much fun to look at.Mother of pearl buckels oh those are hard for me to find and there were a few of them thank you ever so much.

I think I spent about 2 hours or more just looking at all the items today it was such a lovely thing seriously if you had been in my house this weekend you would have gone screaming away we were all so miserable. Thank you again everyone this just made me and my girls day.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic RAOK List... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page