Page: of 17

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  5:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Awww how nice that you enjoyed such a treat today sunshine! I just love to hear such sweet things about MY farmgirls!

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  6:24:14 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome, glad they brightened up the day!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  7:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
You guys have no idea what those three packages ment to me today after three days of stress trying to figure out if I had to tell three little girls possible no Christmas with family. It wasn't the gifts that mattered to my kids it was the family they almost never see. It really wasn't the gifts today either that made the day special ( although I do have to admit they were all great) it was someone thought of us this weekend. After calling for help from a few neighbors to help shovel us out because we where so ill that it was pretty impossible to do and no one willing to help. Then struggling to get out of bed to do it so we wouldn't have ice pack today was just so exhausting and frustrating to us. So this ment so much that some one thought of us and thought of things we liked as well. Thanks again Sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  8:04:59 PM  Show Profile
How sweet! Sounds like a wonderful thing! I am so happy for you! Sorry you were sick, I will send a hug and a prayer for you all.

fondly, and farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  5:42:31 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful surprise from our Jayne today! A lovely rose china tea cup, tea, a sweet embroidered hanky with handmade lace edging and some quilting fabric...all the way from Australia! Thank you so much Jayne, it was so thoughtful. I am still packing your box
(and the books) so don't give up on me. My P.O. told me to wait to ship to you until the week after Christmas. Apparently international packages sometimes "go missing" during the big rush! And I guess the customs stuff! Your package came stamped in big letters IDENTITY RECORDED. What on earth does THAT mean? And those of you who have sent me cards recently thanks so much! Karin sent me a recipe card she decorated and I have it on my counter on a little picture easel. Everyone keeps asking which tin "those" cookies are in! I will make them, I promise! And ladies... at my house Christmas lasts until mid January so keep watching your mailboxes, more going out next week! Tis the season to be jolly....fa la la la la la !

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  8:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Karin..thanks so much for the beautiful recipe card!! I have never seen such a pretty one. The cookies sound like "must bakes" too!! I love it.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  1:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Haven't been online for 6 days now as we just spent five days driving across the Nullarbor to get home for Christmas. So while you have all been snowed in, I have been sweltering across the desert! It was an OK drive but I don't think I'd want to do it too often - there is just miles of nothing (and I love trees - I have to see them around me). My little two year old was a champion though, he didn't complain once about sitting in the car for so long.
Bramble, so glad your parcel arrived and you enjoyed it. The Identity Recorded on the parcel is put their by the post office when you post the parcel. It means that I showed them my drivers licence so they knew that the sender was also the person that packed the parcel. Since 9/11, it is a customs requirement here that any international parcel has to be Identity Recorded. You can still send it, but it will definitely be opened by customs without that sticker.
Best wishes for a lovely Christmas,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  08:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who has sent cards - esp. the ones with recipes which I am recording into my recipe book. I can't wait to try them!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  2:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I have had such a lovely mail week! So many of you have sent cards and I appreciate each one! I intend to put them to good use after the holiday making pretties to remember you by! Karin, your recipe card is just fabulous! I have it perched in the kitchen window among the decorations! It's pretty enough to frame. Hmmmm...maybe I will do just that.
I also received a package from our farmgirl down under. Jayne, I LOVE the little beaded purse *SQUEAL*! When I opened the parcel & saw the bag, My first thought was... "could she have MADE THIS HERSELF?"! Sure enough, you DID! The intricate constrution of this tiny treat is oh soooo lovely! I hung it from the switch on an ornate victorian lamp in my bathroom. It looks perfect in my "private sanctuary"! The soaps are just wonderful too! Handmade soap is a weaknes of mine! What a treat!
I have so many little things laid aside for farmgirls. After the holidays I will be sending out all the things I have been collecting. Hopefully it will help us with the after Christmas blues!
Thanks again ladies for making my week so special!
Blessings to all!
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  2:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda,
The first thing I am going to do when I come to your house for a visit is ask to use your powder room, and whatever happened to that purse?? Well I have no idea.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  07:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello to you all!!! And I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed Christmas. I waas wondering if someone could forward me the RAOK mailing list, I sure would love to join! Thanks, MElla

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  2:56:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to all who have sent me cards! You have really brightened my holiday. I am still in the process of getting things in the mail so hope to repay the kindnesses over the next couple of weeks. You gals are just the greatest and are the sunshine in my life!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  11:34:51 PM  Show Profile
When is the due date for the tea towels.
Minds finished, just have to find the addy and person it goes to in my pile of stuff here.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  05:58:28 AM  Show Profile
Okay, here is the open call......I am opening the list for the next Quarter....send me a note, (those of you who have already, should send me a note again, since my computer crashed I have nothing and have eleted your emails...) if you would like to be on the list. I will keep it open until Jan. 5. If you want off of it, let me know that too.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  11:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Tasha,
I sent you an email. I want to join again.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  11:04:54 AM  Show Profile
Happy Dance Time. I recieved to packages this week. One from Jayne. My favorite magazines from down under. :) Thanks you so much Jayne.
The other from Liz ( Leezard) Liz sent a very pretty apron and potholder with 2 recipes.
Thank you so much Liz.
I am getting my Valentines ready to send out the end of Jan. I just love this group. :)
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  04:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, I sent you an email to join this list! Can't wait to get started!
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  7:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh good! The more the merrier! Now that I've said that...LOL Tasha do you need help organizing? Let me know if you do!
I would like to add, for our newcomers, that you need to send a list of your "likes" and any allergies or that sort of thing to Tasha.
And Tasha I would like to stay active on the list-will get you my info ASAP. Thanks again for organizing us Tasha! This has been so much fun!
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  8:01:48 PM  Show Profile
OK, I know I just posted here BUT... this deserves a post ALL it's own! I received ANOTHER package in the mail this week! My husband brought it insie, and as I opened it he was standing there with his mouth hanging open..."Who ARE these people" he asked me, stunned at the contents of the latest parcel! I just chuckled and answered "They're my farmgirls" . "But WHY do they do it?" he inquired. I must thank you ALL, seriously, for restoring his belief that kindness still exists out there. Your RAOK are doing more than you know! FARM-GIRL POWER!
Anyway...ON to the package! This one was from our Elizabeth, and included... TWO wonderful books, chocolate bars from Trader Joes, A lovely tote- in beautiful tones of gold, bronze and rose (handmade?), a neat retro style potholder (also handmade?), a fun paint on velvet mini art kit, pretty butterfly notecards and a glass Christmas ornament! I feel like I forgot something because this box was PACKED with goodies!
Thank you so much Elizabeth for your thoughtfulness!
And Nancy Jo... you come on over any time, but just know that every item in my house is encoded with a tracking device. Besides I might just visit YOU sometime!
Thanks again farmgirls!
Blessings,
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  06:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Elizabeth for the wonderful package! It was totally unexpected and wow! Elizabeth sent a holiday tote bag and the most wonderful apron - it's in my new kitchen colors and everything! (She really has been paying attention!) I'm so excited! I have a couple of aprons already but this one really fits me the best so far! Thank you very much!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  06:11:13 AM  Show Profile
OK Rhonda, you have been getting way to many really nice things, of course you being the nice person that you are, you deserve all the nice things that us farmgirls send you, but that doesn't stop me from being jealous. I agree, not a nice trait to have being a farmgirl and all. I really am going to have to work on that. HEY THAT COULD BE MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION. But you know how those resolutions work out, not pretty good usually. So I will be a good girl and be happy for you, because you are such a sweet person. Maybe I will even send you something sometime .
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  1:00:59 PM  Show Profile
I am, admittedly, one spoiled girl. I am nearly as spoiled, as Nancy is naughty. I need to stop being lazy & send out all the things I have for my farmgirls! THAT can be my resolution.
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  7:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Tasha,
I've sent an email with a request to join the list. Computers are great for quick communication - and how else would I meet so many other like-minded farmgirls - but nothing beats a letter or package in the mailbox with your name on it!

Sandy

I don't iron anymore. If I'm not wrinkle-free, why should my clothes be?
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  7:27:59 PM  Show Profile
Looking back through the old posts, I noticed a new date for a new RAOK list of Jan. 3. Can I join this one?

Val
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  8:19:33 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to join could someone tell me how I could...or is it to late?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic RAOK List... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page