Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 14

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:10:20 AM  Show Profile
For some reason my computer is not working correctly. I can not get my email to open. I also cant seem to see my post on here letting my partner know that my package was damaged.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I am sorry I have been out of touch for so long, I have not been on the computer much. First I had 3 wonderful farmgirls visit me Tammy C, CJ and Robin, we had a wonderful time. More coming later with pictures.
Then we have another wildfire,(6500 acres and growing and moving fast) that closed out main way in and out Hwy 24. The fire is devastating, the west side of Colorado Springs went up in flames last night as the fire blew up. Air Force Academy evacuated as well as 30,000 other, thankful no lives have been lost but many home.
It breaks my heart and I am so sad, even though I live a bit higher up in the mountains, Colorado Springs is my community, this is where I shop, play and visit family and friends. This effects all of us. Hwy 24 is how they get our food, gas, supplies etc to us. Many of our businesses near my little town are closed due to lack of supplies. The east side of Woodland Park at the Teller/Elpaso line has evacuated.
I just wanted to catch up, and let you know I am here and safe. But, please, please keep our communities, evacuees and wildlife in your prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh April, I am so very happy your daughter is doing better. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  06:37:30 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, please email me if you have not heard from your package.
I hope by now everyone has sent their package to their partners so they can enjoy their goodies before the 4th of July.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  08:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I can not remember if I thanked Liz for my wonderful 4th of July items. I thought I did but, do not see it. A mind is a terrible thing to lose. Please for give me. I loved everything and have used the beautiful hand made bag, (how creative) and the coaster and hot pad were also used at a Birthday party for my aunt and people just raved over them. Thank you so very much for everything it was wonderful.

Liz loves a lot of the things that I do. She loves to read, and give home made presents. She and I think that when you take the time and love to make someone a present you are showing Love and Thoughtfulness. I wish Liz was my neighbor so we could do crafts together. I just love her and have found a true kindred spirit. I am so glad that I had her for this swap.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  08:36:25 AM  Show Profile
UPDATE! Our Wildfire is now 15,135 acres and is growing, the weather is so very hot and dry.
Things are pretty bad here, we live day to day, wondering what will happen next.
Hwy 24 is closed and has been since the 24th of June, that is our way in and out and how our food, gas and supplies get to us. Many businesses are closed in Woodland Park and right behind the Wal Mart everyone has been evacuated. There are 3 other ways to get out but it takes hours longer.
We lost the west side of Colorado Springs, Air Force Academy is threatened too and has been evacuated.
Plus we have and arsonist in our area who has starteed 25 fires in our communities near me in the past week, so we are all on edge.
For now we are safe but are ready at any moment to evacuate. My heart is broke and I am so sad, and I can not seem to stop the tears for our communities, evacuees, animals and wildlife.
Plus the weather has been hot and dry worst in Colorado history so that does not help at all.
I have not been on the computer much as I am glued to the TV.
Please keep us in your thought and prayers as we need all the prayers we can get.
Thank you for all your love and support.
*************Tammy will take any emails from you and help you contact your partners if you have not heard from them.***********************
Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 27 2012 09:28:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  09:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie,
You all are in our thoughts and prayers right now. Keep updating when you can.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  09:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! Debbie! My heart is just breaking for you and everyone out there! I am praying for your safety - EVERYONE's safety - and buckets and buckets of rain! Also that they find the arsonist and stop him! My gosh, how terrifying that must be - like you don't have enough to worry about already! I'm so, so sorry you are going through this. My sister said they are still safe where she lives, but she can see and smell the smoke in the air. I just want her and the kids to get out of there and come stay with us until it's over. SO scarey. Do you have a place to go if you do have to evacuate? You're welcome here - anytime! What can we do to help? Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  10:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I think about you everytime I watch the news. This is just sooo sad, The people, the homes, the animals, the trees. Just awful. I'm thinking of you.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn (mountainmama) is safe as well, the arsonist has set fires more in their area. But, thankfully they are fine, we keep in close touch.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, support and love.
Thank you too Nini for offer to come to you, I am thankful your family is safe too.
Hugs to all of you,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Jill,

I am sooo sorry, but I just got your package in the mail. I feel terrible that it's taken me so long. It's on it's way though!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  5:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie
Stay safe there and my Prayers are for you, I have been watch what the Denver Post has had in it and it has been so horrible and I saw that they had Arsonists, It is so horrible that with all the danger that they do such awful things like that. My prayers are there with you.
love darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  5:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,
My prayers are with you. Stay safe and remember how much you are loved!!!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jun 27 2012 5:38:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  9:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I finally sent my package in the mail cause my daughter is home from the hospital! Everything has gone really well and she is recovering rather quickly! We still need lots of prayers as we will be doing 6 weeks of antibiotics through a picc line every 6 hours. Not a lot of consecutive sleep around here! Lol! Like having a baby again! Thanks for all your prayers. God has been faithful and helped us every step of he way. He is good!!!! His love never fails! Also thanks ladies for the fun mail you've sent! She loves it all!

Prayers are going out to everyone in CO. Scarey stuff! Be safe!!!

Hugs~
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  10:14:05 PM  Show Profile

Hello Farmgirls! Sorry I haven't posted lately, but I just got back from visiting my wonderful farmgirl friend and swap hostess partner Debbie!!! We spent four great days together and had so much fun! Thanks to Debbie for being such an awesome hostess and friend! I also got to meet CeeJay, her daughter Robin and Marilyn (Mountain Mama)....all such lovely farmgirls.

Anyway, I hope everyone has gotten their boxes in the mail by now, so their partners will be able to enjoy them by July 4th. I am trying to address any problems from my end as Debbie is now caught up in the horrific Waldo Canyon wildfire which is very close to her home. I am saying prayers and sending good thoughts her way every minute of the day, that she stays safe!

Hugs to all, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  04:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I cant imagine what you are going through. I am praying for you and the other families in your area.
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through the horrible ordeal of dealing with the forest fires. My inlaws and brother-in-law lives in Pueblo so we have been watching the news very concerned. Stay safe!!

Deanna
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5140 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5140 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  2:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Thanks for the update! So glad you guys all got to meet!! Any news from Debbie today? Many, many prayers going up for Colorado!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  2:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Here I am safe and sound. The Waldo Canyon Fire is now 18,500 acres with 300+ homes lost. I believe our wonderful firemen are finally getting a handle on this monster if this darn Colorado weather would cooperate.
My continued prayers for all this fire fighters who are working so hard to keep our homes and communities from burning, you are my heroes.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  2:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Shelly, I'm sorry what part was damaged? I thought I send items that were nonbreakable. Do you happen to have a tracking # for the package you sent to me?
quote:
Originally posted by sassynrob

For some reason my computer is not working correctly. I can not get my email to open. I also cant seem to see my post on here letting my partner know that my package was damaged.

www.foreverlovecreations.com

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  2:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

All of you have been in my prayers. This is all so heartbreaking. Even if peoples' homes are not affected by the fire, their lives will be changed drastically by the devastation around them. So sad to see all of the nature and animals that are killed and homes lost. Thank God nature is resilient and so are people. I will continue to pray that you all stay safe and for the safety of the firefighters!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  3:13:05 PM  Show Profile
On a happier note.....I just received a beautiful 4th of July package from Jill Skane! First, the envelope it came in had the sweetest hand-drawn blueberries on it! Love it! Inside the package I found a mini flag, some glitter glue (which is great because I needed something glittery!), some lip balm made in Maine, a cute hankie with cows and hints of red, white, and blue on it (perfect for someone who is from the Wisconsin...the dairy state), a bracelet, the cutest little altered note book, a beautiful handmade wall hanging collage, and a festive potholder with the cutest patriotic girls on it! She used the same patriotic image on the collage, notebook, and the charm she made for the bracelet!
Jill, everything is amazing and I love it all! Thank you so much!

Ladies, Jill lives in Stacyville Maine. She and her husband took early retirement and moved onto a farm on 13 acres which they purchased in 2004. Prior to that, she lived in Danvers where her two children still reside. She has a son and daughter. They both have 3 children. Jill is very talented. I know this not just from this swap, but because the one and only ATC card I own was made by her, and it is beautiful!

Thank you again, Jill!

The sweet hand-drawn blueberries.......

All of the goodies I received..........

The cute, patriotic girls on the potholder.....

Edited by - Emily Anna on Jun 28 2012 3:14:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  3:55:08 PM  Show Profile
This is just one of the many, many reasons firefighters are my heroes. This was on our local news last night from our Waldo Canyon Fire. Bought tears to my eyes, what a great firefighter he is.
Hugs,
Debbie
e o

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  4:17:18 PM  Show Profile
I recieved the most wonderful package from Deanna today! She made me a 4th of July apron, which I just love and a beautiful paper star. There were so many goodies in the box and Deanna the candy was gone in no time! Thank You so much for everything!!!!

Deanna is a 1st. grade teacher and also lives on a farm, they raise angus cattle and have a huge garden and I am planning on bringing my own cone on the 4th for her homemade ice cream!

Have a wonderful 4th my new friend!!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  05:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou Emily grad you liked your package had a great time putting it together.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all my Farm Sisters and the people of Colorado can't even imagine of what you are all going thru.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page